Mousse for MX?

aees
10/31/2018 1:29am
RCF wrote:
This is my tire order from the beginning of the year I change more then 4 a year,lol [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/10/30/299341/s1200_0901161232.jpg[/img]
This is my tire order from the beginning of the year I change more then 4 a year,lol

Great, you are not representative for the average user. I have had 6 riders including 2 pro riders that was sponsored by Tubliss (got everything for free) and they gave it up after running flats at practice day and the other ran a flat in non national race.

Im not saying they are the best of "mechanics" in the world, but they for sure represent the average rider or slightly better in terms of knowledge and material.

It is just to many parameters to deal with, when you need less:

1. Double air pressure to keep track of vs non with mousse (inner pressure can affect the other if it goes bad also)
2. You think you have the tire on right, looks good, until you ride and you get a flat half a lap into (happen to me also)
3. Risk with dented rims or ripped out spokes
4. Slightest damage to tire can be an issue and you are not sure if it is going to seal

It is like air forks, people want less risk and variables, not more. But it for sure has its applications, but it is hard to beat a mousse for mx or enduro (since 95% of MX and Enduro riders in national level run mousse today)
BobPA
10/31/2018 7:30pm
Definetely wouldn't recomend tubliss for moto. The biggest advantage of tubliss is running the super low psi (3-4) so you get those traction gains in the...
Definetely wouldn't recomend tubliss for moto. The biggest advantage of tubliss is running the super low psi (3-4) so you get those traction gains in the woods on that slick and Rocky terrain. I'd be shocked if you didn't blow the thing out, pop the inner tube or dent the shit out of ur rim if you came down off a big jump with the tubliss. Bibs are the shit though, the only 100% flat proof setup out there. I ran em on the track and in the woods while I was racing expert. I loved the "deadening" effect the bibs had in the woods...soaked up everything and virtually eliminated the ricochet feeling when charging through those new England rock gardens. Anyone who grew up racing netra knows exactly what I'm talking about. On the track they were good until they started to really break down. The most noticeable in the front...in corners it would constantly feel like it was pushing out or folding over. But like one other poster already said need to be tended to with the lube otherwise the heat will cause them to break down much quicker than they normally would. And until you do a few they can definitely be a bitch to change out...especially when new. Also, I've only ever ran michelins...10-15 years ago they were the only name in town. Switched to tubes when my full time racing "career" ended...cheaper and easier to change. BUT i have been wanting to try that nitro mousse, I wonder if there's anything to that whole nitrogen infused thing or if it's just a gimmick. Good luck with whatever you end up going with man!!!
BobPA wrote:
Well prepare to be shocked. I know a bunch of guys running Tubliss who also ride moto. You honestly think a 2mm rubber tube is going...
Well prepare to be shocked. I know a bunch of guys running Tubliss who also ride moto. You honestly think a 2mm rubber tube is going to prevent dents in a rim? You can run whatever pressure you want with Tubliss....Not just 3 or 4 PSI. Tubliss works best if you do the initial install on a brand new, or nearly new rim. The small inner tube is below the lip of the rim...Please explain to me how it would " pop the inner tube or dent the shit out of ur rim if you came down off a big jump with the tubliss". I am in no way affiliated with Tubliss. but, you have clearly never used, installed, or tested the system to be so mis-informed.
Dude relaxxxx. Why are you getting so worked up over the fact that I prefer bibs over tubliss? You can't argue that bibs are the only...
Dude relaxxxx. Why are you getting so worked up over the fact that I prefer bibs over tubliss? You can't argue that bibs are the only 100% flat proof setup on the market. sliced tire, busted spokes, doesn't matter a bib is still going to go strong whereas a flat is inevitable with a tubliss setup. I'm assuming you have no experience with these things due to the "I know a bunch of guys running Tubliss who also ride moto" line you started off with. And just so you're aware I'm very familiar with the Tubliss setup...I have a set hanging in front of me right now. I think it's awesome new technology that's come out and they should be commended for it. I just wouldn't trust it on a moto track...too many things that can fail. That's just my opinion though, you clearly feel differently and that's fine. You don't have to let it ruin your day though or take shots, especially when you know nothing about me.
I never argued that they are the only way to guarantee not getting a flat. You were just spewing BS and got called on it bro...
10/31/2018 8:15pm
BobPA wrote:
Well prepare to be shocked. I know a bunch of guys running Tubliss who also ride moto. You honestly think a 2mm rubber tube is going...
Well prepare to be shocked. I know a bunch of guys running Tubliss who also ride moto. You honestly think a 2mm rubber tube is going to prevent dents in a rim? You can run whatever pressure you want with Tubliss....Not just 3 or 4 PSI. Tubliss works best if you do the initial install on a brand new, or nearly new rim. The small inner tube is below the lip of the rim...Please explain to me how it would " pop the inner tube or dent the shit out of ur rim if you came down off a big jump with the tubliss". I am in no way affiliated with Tubliss. but, you have clearly never used, installed, or tested the system to be so mis-informed.
Dude relaxxxx. Why are you getting so worked up over the fact that I prefer bibs over tubliss? You can't argue that bibs are the only...
Dude relaxxxx. Why are you getting so worked up over the fact that I prefer bibs over tubliss? You can't argue that bibs are the only 100% flat proof setup on the market. sliced tire, busted spokes, doesn't matter a bib is still going to go strong whereas a flat is inevitable with a tubliss setup. I'm assuming you have no experience with these things due to the "I know a bunch of guys running Tubliss who also ride moto" line you started off with. And just so you're aware I'm very familiar with the Tubliss setup...I have a set hanging in front of me right now. I think it's awesome new technology that's come out and they should be commended for it. I just wouldn't trust it on a moto track...too many things that can fail. That's just my opinion though, you clearly feel differently and that's fine. You don't have to let it ruin your day though or take shots, especially when you know nothing about me.
BobPA wrote:
I never argued that they are the only way to guarantee not getting a flat. You were just spewing BS and got called on it bro...
No bs was spewed buddy. Ur just all butt hurt over anyone who doesn't think tubliss is awesome. You talk a lot about it considering you don't even run one...you just know some buddy's who do. Dont have to be a geniuss to realize running a tire with little to no air in it could possibly dent a rim especially when coming down off large jumps.
Couldn't help but notice you didn't have anything to say to the guy who posted before you. The guy who has hard proof as to why they are not ideal for moto. I was just trying to help the OP, you on the other hand are just picking fights with people who don't agree with your opinion. Grow up bro...

The Shop

Post a reply to: Mousse for MX?

The Latest