New Springs Question

lcgordon711
I have an Rm 250 2003 and wanted to get the correct fork and shock springs for my wt. I wanted to get the race tech springs. Using their calculator I end up with .453 for the forks and 5.3 for the shock. Looks like race tech Is .44 or .46 and 5.2 or 5.4.

I was going to go with .46 and 5.4 but I got a gift car to motosport for Christmas and would love to use it for springs. Thing is they only sell the Factory connection ones. They have the same spring rate in the shock so I would stick with the 5.4 but they have .45 or .47 for the forks. Would I be ok to use .45? Or should I just fork out the money to buy the race tech ones.

What about quality are they about the same quality between both companies?

Thanks guys
|
Acidreamer
1/2/2018 10:47am
I dont think .01 is going to make much of a difference. The calc said .45 and they have a .45. So use it. I have RT springs in my bike and they certainly do the job and feel great. Factory connection is an amazing company too. I dont think 1 person is going to say their springs suck.
lcgordon711
1/2/2018 10:53am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2018 10:56am
Thanks for the info. That is kind of what I was thinking. I'm not really picky on suspension. I kind of just ride it unlike a lot of other things with the bike. I will just order the FC stuff so I can not have to pay for it myself.
Thanks

But one thing I was thinking is stock is .43 so that's only .02 difference and I'm hopping to notice a big difference from that. I bottom out all the time and my body hurts unlike riding my other bike when I'm done. So I just don't want to buy too soft.
Acidreamer
1/2/2018 11:16am
Not sure when the last time you serviced your forks.. but once you do the springs and change the oil, they will feel a lot stiffer. Youd be surprised at how much of a difference fresh oil makes. I started changing mine every 15 hours or so.

If your oil is low you will bottom out. To my knowledge, oil level is the main factor to bottoming - once your springs are set up for you.

The Shop

lcgordon711
1/3/2018 10:12am
I think I may still go with race tech. I called FC and they said I should go with .45 springs but stick with the stock 4.8 shock spring. I just don't feel that's right. Race tech says I should go with a 5.3 spring so that is a big difference. I think the bike feels too soft. Motosport is out of stock with 5.2 FC springs so I might as well just order it all from race tech. They have more info online and feel they have better tech support.

Plus it will leave me money for other crap I will have to buy from motosport.

Acidreamer
1/3/2018 10:23am
Race techs calculator worked really good for me. I doubt youll be disappointed.
lcgordon711
1/3/2018 10:36am
Thanks for that, yeah I'm sure I probably would not even notice much difference but for me new springs is a decent amount of money and I just want to make sure I do my research so that I'm not bummed later I did not.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
1/5/2018 9:55am
Thanks for that, yeah I'm sure I probably would not even notice much difference but for me new springs is a decent amount of money and...
Thanks for that, yeah I'm sure I probably would not even notice much difference but for me new springs is a decent amount of money and I just want to make sure I do my research so that I'm not bummed later I did not.
Mention VitalMX when ordering and save yourself some money at Race Tech.

The quality of springs is comparable, FC has a good product as well. Nothing to be scared of there if you go that route.

We (Race Tech) have a 100% guarantee with each of our products and tech support available for you as needed during our business hours. We stand behind our rate suggestions, if you aren't completely satisfied use my email below.

Drop me an email to chris@racetech.com if you need any help getting it setup.

lcgordon711
1/5/2018 10:31am
Thanks for that Yeah I plan on using race tech. Was going to go the FC route only because I had a gift card that would cover it through motosport. But they don't have my shock rate in stock so ill just switch back to the original plan. Thanks for the email link I will be getting these things bought pretty soon.

Post a reply to: New Springs Question

The Latest