No fuel pressure at startup

8/5/2017 7:54pm
2013 CRF250 won't start unless I run the fuel pump for a few seconds manually (connect to a 12v battery at the plug). Once gas line is primed it fires right up, 1 or 2 kicks, and bike runs great until you shut it down or stall it. Any ideas what's going on here? Bad pump, injector, some other electrical issue ?
|
Paw Paw
8/6/2017 1:20pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2017 1:21pm
It sounds like your fuel injector is leaking. Cause....Dirty injector....Cure....Clean the injector....
When the injector is dirty and does not close complete, it will drip the fuel out.
Fuel pump may also be leaking fuel back into the tank.

Paw Paw
jaredkeller96
8/6/2017 2:55pm
You need to replace the orings in the pump assembly.
8/6/2017 3:43pm
Paw Paw wrote:
It sounds like your fuel injector is leaking. Cause....Dirty injector....Cure....Clean the injector.... When the injector is dirty and does not close complete, it will drip the...
It sounds like your fuel injector is leaking. Cause....Dirty injector....Cure....Clean the injector....
When the injector is dirty and does not close complete, it will drip the fuel out.

Paw Paw
Makes sense considering the symptoms. Bad or dirty fuel injector or bad o-rings at the pump. Is it possible/effective to clean fuel injector? Or should I just get a new one? Bikes got 47 hrs.
8/6/2017 3:45pm
You need to replace the orings in the pump assembly.
Thanks for the suggestion. O-rings are cheap, will replace them along with the filter. I'd imagine if there's no gas in my oil, then your right on the o-rings, the pressure is leaking back into gas tank.

The Shop

jaredkeller96
8/6/2017 3:48pm
Yes, the power to the pump is supplying enough pressure to start but if you are just using the kickstart to try and prime the pump it won't have enough power to fire.
8/7/2017 5:54pm
Paw Paw wrote:
It sounds like your fuel injector is leaking. Cause....Dirty injector....Cure....Clean the injector.... When the injector is dirty and does not close complete, it will drip the...

Paw Paw
Drained oil today & it does smell gassy. Would the pressure loss at the injector be more noticeable when engine & all systems hot, like after a Moto? When engines cold the pressure doesn't drop as quickly.

Post a reply to: No fuel pressure at startup

The Latest