Oil sight glass on factory CRF450r?

mxgreg85
Edited Date/Time 1/15/2019 5:08pm
Looking at the A1 pre-race photos on the home page, it looks like Roczen's bike might have an oil sight glass on the case to the lower right of the clutch, left of the water pump? Interesting to me as I prefer that to the dip stick as far as ability to confirm oil level and color with a quick look, was disappointed when Honda did away with it. Maybe a special case half they are just using for SX where durability is not as much an issue? Either way it does not look like the production case half, would be nice if they went back to it for production 2020.
|
brody
1/6/2019 11:14am
They change oil after evey moto or heat.
And have it all mesured out
If you can ride a factory bike chances arw you should change oil every 2 rides
mxgreg85
1/6/2019 11:41am
I agree, which is why it seems strange to me- they change oil constantly with precisely measured amounts which would make me think that they have a lot less use for a sight glass than the average consumer whose bike sits for lengths of time before needing the oil changed.
brody
1/6/2019 5:13pm
Maybe it saves weight
kiwifan
1/15/2019 3:06pm
Risk mitigation....a sight glass is something that could be smashed in a crash which then means loss of oil and potential DNF

The Shop

mxgreg85
1/15/2019 3:29pm
kiwifan wrote:
Risk mitigation....a sight glass is something that could be smashed in a crash which then means loss of oil and potential DNF
This is the aspect I was touching on in my original post where I suggested that maybe they are just running it for SX... will be interesting to see if they continue with it outdoors. These are the guys spending big bucks on making sure that KR94 does not have a DNF, then they go and make a special factory case half that has a smashable sight glass in it when the production case does not.
kiwifan
1/15/2019 4:03pm
kiwifan wrote:
mxgreg85 wrote:
This is the aspect I was touching on in my original post where I suggested that maybe they are just running it for SX... will be...
This is the aspect I was touching on in my original post where I suggested that maybe they are just running it for SX... will be interesting to see if they continue with it outdoors. These are the guys spending big bucks on making sure that KR94 does not have a DNF, then they go and make a special factory case half that has a smashable sight glass in it when the production case does not.
absolutely, Perhaps they think that where the new sight glass is is less vulnerable.....debatable I know
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
1/15/2019 5:08pm
Maybe it's high strength tempered glass that is actually stronger than the thin cast aluminum around it.

Post a reply to: Oil sight glass on factory CRF450r?

The Latest