WP AER48 - KYB by Technical Touch Belgium photos

Edited Date/Time 4/1/2020 1:57pm
Just received these back from Belgium ready to test on the weekend. I like the air but had to much back luck with it.

|
JBecker 72
5/10/2018 4:26am
Nice! Those fork lugs are sweet looking too. Interested in hearing what you think of them compared to the AER.
5/10/2018 4:58am
JBecker 72 wrote:
Nice! Those fork lugs are sweet looking too. Interested in hearing what you think of them compared to the AER.
Yea I’m really pleased with them.

I liked the air but had to many issues with them loosing air.

I’m hoping to try these out Saturday and will report back
AJ565
5/10/2018 6:02am
How much did they end up costing too if you're willing to share that info.

The Shop

5/12/2018 4:21pm
First ride today on the new kyb internals and I have to say I’m very impressed with them.

You can seriously push the bike way more in corners and in braking and the bike just rails corners with ease. I was pushing hard today but not once did my front end wash out so I know these forks can be pushed even more.

Unfortunately the track was quiet today so didn’t develop many braking bumps.

Anyone wanting to buy this kit I will highly recommend it, it’s transformed my bike.
Altec
5/23/2018 5:24am
Are they doing this conversion in the states?
m21racing
5/23/2018 5:34am
Altec wrote:
Yes they are.
5/23/2018 12:39pm
Altec wrote:
This conversion is the best money I have ever spent on my bike.

I’ve had a few rides on these kyb cartridges and I’m extremely impressed. The more you push the bike the more it rewards you.

Certainly worth every penny.

Bike is on rails.
AJ565
5/23/2018 1:16pm
What did you do with the rear shock? Revalve?
5/23/2018 9:52pm
AJ565 wrote:
What did you do with the rear shock? Revalve?
Yea rear is re valved. I also run the pro Circuit rear linkage which allows me to run a much stiffer rear spring
AJ565
5/24/2018 7:56am
Yea rear is re valved. I also run the pro Circuit rear linkage which allows me to run a much stiffer rear spring
did it improve cornering at all? I was looking at that setup as well.
5/24/2018 8:11am
AJ565 wrote:
did it improve cornering at all? I was looking at that setup as well.
Yes I think it’s helped cornering massively.

So far I’ve found out you can carry way more speed into a corner With this kit, you think you aren’t going to make the corner but it does.
Also I thought the air had a habit of pushing on the exit of a corner but the kyb cartridge kit does not do this.

This set up has given me huge amounts of confidence.

I rode a pretty hard pack track yesterday that was bumpy and it handled everything very well.
AJ565
5/24/2018 9:19am
Yes I think it’s helped cornering massively. So far I’ve found out you can carry way more speed into a corner With this kit, you think...

So far I’ve found out you can carry way more speed into a corner With this kit, you think you aren’t going to make the corner but it does.
Also I thought the air had a habit of pushing on the exit of a corner but the kyb cartridge kit does not do this.

I rode a pretty hard pack track yesterday that was bumpy and it handled everything very well.
Thats the answer I was looking for. I was going to have my AER's revalved and hope that would take care of my issues I have with them, but I might just skip it and go this route.
5/24/2018 11:44am
Yes I think it’s helped cornering massively. So far I’ve found out you can carry way more speed into a corner With this kit, you think...

AJ565 wrote:
Thats the answer I was looking for. I was going to have my AER's revalved and hope that would take care of my issues I have...
Thats the answer I was looking for. I was going to have my AER's revalved and hope that would take care of my issues I have with them, but I might just skip it and go this route.
I noticed and I’m still noticing a huge difference using these kyb cartridges,

I think this kit suits my style of riding a lot more and it’s a more consistent fork now to.

I could speak forever about how great my bike is to ride now it really is a huge step forward.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like about the kit because I don’t think many have done this conversion yet.
5/24/2018 4:24pm
I may try these in the future. I have the racetech spring conversion in my aer48s. Feels good but seems to have weak bottoming resistance. Those look so nice!
m21racing
5/24/2018 4:34pm
They are flying off the shelf. Spoke with them today. Many happy people. The conversion includes fork springs too.
michriddle109
5/25/2018 1:32pm
Technical touch USA or Enzo should be able to help you. Thinking about doing this for my 2016
paddyB745
5/25/2018 3:14pm
Technical Touch USA has the same kits. $1750
5/27/2018 12:00am
A-Kit internals, minus the spring perch which is plastic in this conversion kit.
smv ryder wrote:
I am by no means arguing but where have read that it has A-KIT internals? Or can you notice the A kit parts from the photos...
I am by no means arguing but where have read that it has A-KIT internals? Or can you notice the A kit parts from the photos?
https://mailchi.mp/db1dd6bf4ecb/launching-kyb-cartridge-kits-for-wp-aer…
That info came from Technical Touch Belgium when I asked it from them earlier this year.
5/27/2018 12:22pm
A-Kit internals, minus the spring perch which is plastic in this conversion kit.
smv ryder wrote:
I am by no means arguing but where have read that it has A-KIT internals? Or can you notice the A kit parts from the photos...
I am by no means arguing but where have read that it has A-KIT internals? Or can you notice the A kit parts from the photos?
https://mailchi.mp/db1dd6bf4ecb/launching-kyb-cartridge-kits-for-wp-aer…
That info came from Technical Touch Belgium when I asked it from them earlier this year.
Yip I asked them to and can clarify this with messages over Facebook from technical touch Belgium if need be.

This is the best money I have ever spent on my bike.

It might be a 2016 ktm but it’s now the perfect bike for me thanks to these kyb internals
mxred147
6/22/2018 6:42am
I may try these in the future. I have the racetech spring conversion in my aer48s. Feels good but seems to have weak bottoming resistance. Those...
I may try these in the future. I have the racetech spring conversion in my aer48s. Feels good but seems to have weak bottoming resistance. Those look so nice!
I did the race tech conversion on my 18 450sxf and have come to the same conclusion. Fork feels good but doesnt want to track well thru deep stuff and bottoms to easy, I also installed their gold valve with stiffer valve settings. My big complaint with the air fork was the intial stroke, didn't absorb the small chop and braking bumps, was harsh.
davektm
6/22/2018 8:37am
I also contacted Technical Touch in belgium for this kit for a ktm 016 500, had a kit sent out to OZ ,,,Top Custom service , after doing the research this is best kit on the market , mine are going in 4CS with coatings top and bottom , i can't wait to test them , i run open chamber with gold valves and custom tuning they work ok set up very soft , but blow right through the stroke on big hits , so this cartridge setup will give more bottom resistance and still retain a plush ride over the chop ,
6/22/2018 6:12pm
I may try these in the future. I have the racetech spring conversion in my aer48s. Feels good but seems to have weak bottoming resistance. Those...
mxred147 wrote:
I did the race tech conversion on my 18 450sxf and have come to the same conclusion. Fork feels good but doesnt want to track well...
I did the race tech conversion on my 18 450sxf and have come to the same conclusion. Fork feels good but doesnt want to track well thru deep stuff and bottoms to easy, I also installed their gold valve with stiffer valve settings. My big complaint with the air fork was the intial stroke, didn't absorb the small chop and braking bumps, was harsh.
I think I rode the air fork for about 8 hrs. same complaint here. I has issues with the chop blowing my hand off the bars. when down hard and broke my tailbone when I lost it in a turn cause my hand came off the bars. maybe my fault though. spring conversion isn't perfect but is MUCH better than air IMO.

Post a reply to: WP AER48 - KYB by Technical Touch Belgium photos

The Latest