Related:
Create New Tag
DoctorJD DoctorJD
9/5/2017 6:42 AM

I've had this bike for several years (02' Keihin carb), and the last couple of times I've ridden, I'm getting a steady drip of gas from the juncture of the carb body and the float bowl. It almost looks like it's coming from the front/left float bowl mounting screw. I'm fairly certain that it's the rubber gasket that's broken down, so I've got a new one on order. But here's the deal: Should there be enough gas in the float bowl for it to leak like that?

I double-checked the float bowl height, and it was off about 2mm so I adjusted it to spec. The float valve isn't sticking, so I've ruled that out as suspect. No cracks in the carb body or the bowl. I may be overthinking this, and it's just a matter of the gasket being compromised, but I can't get over the fact that there's enough gas in the bowl to produce a leak of that magnitude.

Any ideas?

speed_racer speed_racer
9/6/2017 10:08 PM

Standard deal with about any carb.

If the oring or gasket is bad it will seep right at that spot regardless of the float level.
I know you might ask how the fuel can leak when it's below the oring, trust me it can and will.

DoctorJD DoctorJD
9/7/2017 3:35 AM
speed_racer wrote:

Standard deal with about ...more

Thanks Speed.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry