14-18 YZ250F Cycra Shroud Fitment

DaBaum44
Edited Date/Time 4/1/2018 11:03am
I recently installed a new set of Cycra Powerflow shrouds on my 2017 YZ250F, and I gotta say the bike looks much better! However, I feel like the fitment is poor. I really struggled to get the bolt holes on the airbox cover to line up properly. I am referring to the allen bolts that screw into the clips provided by Cycra, which replace the stock Dzus fasteners.

Does anyone have advice or suggestions in making the airbox holes line up easier? Will it help if I try to slide the clips back to make the holes line up? Thanks.

**EDIT** With the advice below from c0ncEpt and after using these for a few hours, I'm now a big fan of these Cycra shrouds. They provide a much better feel on the bike and allow for easier access to the airbox. I have the version with the built in screens and the airbox seems to stay cleaner compared to stock.
|
c0ncEpT
1/21/2018 3:32pm
The air box cover needs to be pulled back over the entire airbox. The back lip of the lid wants to sit in the air box which makes nothing line up.
DaBaum44
1/21/2018 9:07pm
c0ncEpT wrote:
The air box cover needs to be pulled back over the entire airbox. The back lip of the lid wants to sit in the air box...
The air box cover needs to be pulled back over the entire airbox. The back lip of the lid wants to sit in the air box which makes nothing line up.
Thank you. That solved the issue. Here's a before picture for anyone who might have the same issue in the future.

Post a reply to: 14-18 YZ250F Cycra Shroud Fitment

The Latest