Yz125 leaking a little gear oil at the bottom of the clutch case

soflo_will
5/3/2017 9:35am
Does anyone know what it could mean if its leaking gear oil from the clutch case? At first the water pump started leaking so i fixed that once i put new gaskets on it and put it back together the clutch cover randomly started leaking could anyone know what that is? And also when i drained the oil coolant came out first then the gear oil second and the gear oil is a grey color the whole motor has been rebuilt and i havent broke it in yet by the way its a 98 yz125 thanks
|
soflo_will
5/3/2017 7:49pm
Sounds like the water pump impeller seal is bad.
You think so? I fixed it and it stopped leaking from there now its leaking a little from the clutch case a little tho not a lot

The Shop

Acidreamer
5/4/2017 6:07am
The clutch cover leak is a bad gasket. If you have coolant in your oil you didnt do the seal correctly. Make sure you rub grease around it and have it face the proper direction.
soflo_will
5/4/2017 7:30am
Acidreamer wrote:
The clutch cover leak is a bad gasket. If you have coolant in your oil you didnt do the seal correctly. Make sure you rub grease...
The clutch cover leak is a bad gasket. If you have coolant in your oil you didnt do the seal correctly. Make sure you rub grease around it and have it face the proper direction.
So i didnt put the water pump seals in correctly? I was thinking it was from a bad clutch cover gasket

Post a reply to: Yz125 leaking a little gear oil at the bottom of the clutch case

The Latest