Yz250f wheels on 2 stroke.

Ok so I’m interested in buying a set of wheels for my 16 YZ250 2 Stroke. Someone on here is selling a set off of a 15 yz250f. I know the rear wheel on the 250f has a bigger axle but tusk sells a spacer adapter that makes a 250f rear wheel usable on a 2 Stroke. Now my question is will the front wheel off a 250f work on my 2 Stroke??
|
12/13/2017 6:56am
you would have to have similar spacers machined to fit. Otherwise a fork swap would be in order.
FiendzCC
12/13/2017 1:27pm
Not just spacers, it would require custom size bearings too because your ID as well as your OD are different. To answer your question; no it will not work directly, yes you can make it work through finding a machinist that will custom make you spacers, measuring the OD and ID required for the different bearings, finding said bearings in that size, and shaving down the tabs on the inside that hold the axle tube in place (actually the easiest part of this whole ordeal).

I don't know what kind of deal the 250F wheels are going for, but I would seriously consider the amount of calls and homework you're going to have to do to make a secondhand set of wheels work.
12/13/2017 6:18pm
FiendzCC wrote:
Not just spacers, it would require custom size bearings too because your ID as well as your OD are different. To answer your question; no it...
Not just spacers, it would require custom size bearings too because your ID as well as your OD are different. To answer your question; no it will not work directly, yes you can make it work through finding a machinist that will custom make you spacers, measuring the OD and ID required for the different bearings, finding said bearings in that size, and shaving down the tabs on the inside that hold the axle tube in place (actually the easiest part of this whole ordeal).

I don't know what kind of deal the 250F wheels are going for, but I would seriously consider the amount of calls and homework you're going to have to do to make a secondhand set of wheels work.
Wouldn’t you only need the 250f axle? Unless the 14-17s have different fork lugs?

Post a reply to: Yz250f wheels on 2 stroke.

The Latest