throttle cable popping out of carb

Palooza
I have a 2007 KTM 85 that the throttle cable keeps popping out of the carb. Everything looks perfect. It seems that the needle has a little plastic coating on it that catches when the needle moves up and down as you turn the throttle. I think this is the problem, but if I replace the needle, I think the new one would be the same. Maybe a drop of locktite tools it in place? Does anyone have a fix for this?
|
Tracktor
7/19/2017 1:18pm
I had this issue with our 2015 Husky 85. Same carb I believe. I ended up just buying new spring & plastic keeper cup from a KX85 (same carb also) and no problems since. Not sure why the KTM/Husky's have this issue but it's not uncommon..............
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
7/20/2017 5:18am
I safety wire every cable to the brass cap on 2 stroke carbs. Usually the nut on the bottom of the cable attachment brass price hold the safety wire, and I loop it at the junction of the rubber cable and the steel gromet.
Tracktor
7/20/2017 1:47pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I safety wire every cable to the brass cap on 2 stroke carbs. Usually the nut on the bottom of the cable attachment brass price hold...
I safety wire every cable to the brass cap on 2 stroke carbs. Usually the nut on the bottom of the cable attachment brass price hold the safety wire, and I loop it at the junction of the rubber cable and the steel gromet.
This is the cable end popping out of slide. Makes no sense at all as it's the same carb through a bunch of different minis but the only recorded issues that I could find were KTM/Husky. The part you describe is already "one-piece" on the oem cables which is nice. The adjuster is part of the cable.....

Ours went at a race & I thought cable broke so bought a new one. Pulled out again in exact same place on track. Fixed again he test rode in a field then went out for practice and did it a third time in same spot. Then a brand new 2015 85 next to us had it happen. I parked my kids bike for the rest of the weekend. Everything looked perfect but until I replaced it all I didn't feels safe about it....one of the strangest mechanicals I have ever experienced.......

The Shop

MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
7/20/2017 4:12pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I safety wire every cable to the brass cap on 2 stroke carbs. Usually the nut on the bottom of the cable attachment brass price hold...
Tracktor wrote:
This is the cable end popping out of slide. Makes no sense at all as it's the same carb through a bunch of different minis but...
This is the cable end popping out of slide. Makes no sense at all as it's the same carb through a bunch of different minis but the only recorded issues that I could find were KTM/Husky. The part you describe is already "one-piece" on the oem cables which is nice. The adjuster is part of the cable.....

Ours went at a race & I thought cable broke so bought a new one. Pulled out again in exact same place on track. Fixed again he test rode in a field then went out for practice and did it a third time in same spot. Then a brand new 2015 85 next to us had it happen. I parked my kids bike for the rest of the weekend. Everything looked perfect but until I replaced it all I didn't feels safe about it....one of the strangest mechanicals I have ever experienced.......
Oh man.... that's fucked.
Mx746
7/22/2017 11:57am
I would want to find an entirely new solution after that. Carb/cable, everything. fwiw Carb Parts Warehouse has been helpful in getting an evo bike going for me with carb and cable advice.

Post a reply to: throttle cable popping out of carb

The Latest