MX Pants with Knee Braces

mike546
6/18/2017 8:45am
I have a hard time getting pants to fit over my knee braces. To make matters worse I'm 6'2" and have to pull the pants up higher on my legs and the braces are down in the ankle part of the pants. So far I've been wearing Klim Mojave pants that work but would like to find some alternatives because they only come in three colors. I tried a pair of TLD but they seemed even tighter. I have EVS knee braces if that makes a difference. I was wearing asterisk but they always wanted to slide down. The EVS do stay put even with my skinny calf muscles.
|
basslips
Fantasy
2045th
7/18/2017 4:21pm
I just recently started wearing Mobius braces. I have a couple sets of Alias A1 gear and the legs are pretty slim in those pants. I struggle with pulling them up without being very tight and then snagging on the velcro. I also have a set of Fox 360 gear and was always a little baggy with just wearing knee cups. Now with the knee braces they fit perfect. All three sets of pants are a size 36".
Chaser503
1/7/2018 4:31pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2018 4:35pm
I'm also 6'2" and have shredded every pair of pants with my Don Joy braces within 5 rides. The problem for me is the brace extends below the leather and rubs through the mesh or vented pant material.

I've started to pull a brace sock over the brace and lined a small piece is leather in the brace sock where it rubs my pants. I also bought MSR NXT pants that have longer leather. And bought them in one size larger, to make sure the leather goes long enough to cover to brace fully. A bit baggy in the knee area, but I'll trade that for longer leather coverage. Seems to work okay.

Thor Prime Tach have huge leather and room for knee braces, but the upper part of the pant is very thin. Tears if you ride off road and get it some brush.

I'm all ears to better solutions as well.
1/8/2018 9:13am
Chaser503 wrote:
I'm also 6'2" and have shredded every pair of pants with my Don Joy braces within 5 rides. The problem for me is the brace extends...
I'm also 6'2" and have shredded every pair of pants with my Don Joy braces within 5 rides. The problem for me is the brace extends below the leather and rubs through the mesh or vented pant material.

I've started to pull a brace sock over the brace and lined a small piece is leather in the brace sock where it rubs my pants. I also bought MSR NXT pants that have longer leather. And bought them in one size larger, to make sure the leather goes long enough to cover to brace fully. A bit baggy in the knee area, but I'll trade that for longer leather coverage. Seems to work okay.

Thor Prime Tach have huge leather and room for knee braces, but the upper part of the pant is very thin. Tears if you ride off road and get it some brush.

I'm all ears to better solutions as well.
I am 6''2 and I have CTI knee braces, FXR or Fox has gear is a bit baggy at the knees which is perfect for knee braces. When you try them on to see if they fit make sure that they are baggy around the knees. I have ridden with FXR and Fox pants over the course of a full year of riding and have only experienced minimal wear.
1/8/2018 9:13am
I also cut out the liner so it doesn't get caught and possibly rip the pants.

The Shop

CRich425
9/1/2018 8:39pm
Anybody tried the leatt carbon pro braces? Seemed like they would be comfortable and not shred pants, because the hinge on the brace is only on the outside. I havent purchased any or tried any, but might be cool to check out (theyre also on sale right now).

Post a reply to: MX Pants with Knee Braces

The Latest