Frame Swap! Cracked Frame replacement.

Looking for a video highly detailed on how this job is done. 2001 Honda cr250r complete bike swap. Found a crack on my main frame need to swap everything over . Mechanically inclined just looking for a good video i can follow . Any suggestions
|
RyanLester761
9/22/2017 2:49pm
Man, I would just go for it. Place all the removed parts in an orderly fashion so it's easier to put them all back together. Maybe you can make a video for all of us! Wink
Bman_145
9/22/2017 3:29pm
Just take pictures of each big part you remove on a smart phone, so you can go back a reference if you get stuck. Then get good plastic bags and put the part with the bolts for it in it, and write on the bag what it is.

These bikes are pretty simple when youre not opening the engine. I agree with Ryan, just go for it. Just make sure you take good pictures for cable/wire routes and you should be all set.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2058th
9/22/2017 5:15pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2017 5:23pm
If you are simply swapping over then just do it in big pieces, no need to take every single thing apart. Like the subframe, airboot, airbox, number plates, and fender comes off all in 1 piece. Remove the seat, loosen the air boot clamp at the back of the carb, then take out the 3 subframe bolts and you'll have the whole thing.
Swing arm, rear wheel, back brake caliper and pedal, linkage and shock all as 1
Just look at it good before you take it apart and you'll figure out ways to get as many pieces off as you can. Also loosen all the bolts before you take it off the bike, it's easier to do on the bike than holding the part in your hands.
When I did mine I took everything off and apart and it didn't take me more than a few hours in the afternoon to get it apart, and then few more hours to get it back together. It's an easy weekend job to do.

And the big thing, put the bolts back in as soon as you take the part off, that way you don't have to bag them and they will be in the correct spot and correct order. Or even swap them over to the new frame where you can

The Shop

H4L
9/22/2017 6:46pm
I'd highly recommend getting a service manual if you don't have one already. Lots of useful info + you'll have the torque specs for everything.

Post a reply to: Frame Swap! Cracked Frame replacement.

The Latest