All new KTM 2016

10/13/2014 11:47am Edited Date/Time 10/13/2014 11:50am

Those are probably 2016 KTM 450s right?
10/13/2014 12:19pm
Good question hard to tell it looks like the 15 to me. But the frame looks thinner on dungeys bike. Hard to judge by this picture. I think it is the 15. They will probably race monstercup on the 15s and wait til anaheim 1 with the 16´s.
10/13/2014 12:28pm
You actually comparing your standard forks WP with some small changes to TTX Ohlins wich is their A kit - funny... Ofc the Ohlins would be...
You actually comparing your standard forks WP with some small changes to TTX Ohlins wich is their A kit - funny... Ofc the Ohlins would be better its full blown the best kit they got while you rode wp´s previous stock line up forks with some mods..

Im a fan of Ohlins they need more riders cause their product is good but average fun riding will do just fine on stock suspension with modifications.

Huckster wrote:
Yea I am comparing them because they are both available to the public. I am a consumer who has the option and I am relating my...
Yea I am comparing them because they are both available to the public. I am a consumer who has the option and I am relating my experience. Take it for what it's worth, but as an average fun rider who had my stock WP revalved by one of the major players, who does a great job, there is a night and day difference. sure I could've kept my Stock stuff and never known the difference, but guess what, now that I have the Ohlins I do know the difference and I am passing along that information. If you find that funny, so be it..... Carry on....

rocketsocks26 you were right!!!!! I let a buddy of mine who has a '15 450 with revalved suspension, ride my bike and he is actively looking for a set of forks now. It is a HUGE difference IMHO.

Moto75 wrote:
For comparison: I've never read a magazine article comparing stock suspension to A-Kit suspension, then claim it's a fair test because both are available to the...
For comparison:

I've never read a magazine article comparing stock suspension to A-Kit suspension, then claim it's a fair test because both are available to the public.

For a fair test, you would need to compare WP's best available to Ohlins best available. Every manufacturer has better stuff than what's box stock on the bike. Saying one companies best available is better to one's baseline product, isn't really saying anything at all.
Thats what i meant to.
moto282
10/13/2014 12:31pm
Huckster wrote:
You're missing my point. I am the Average Joe. the stock forks were brutal. they were revalved and were much better but compared to the Ohlins...
You're missing my point. I am the Average Joe. the stock forks were brutal. they were revalved and were much better but compared to the Ohlins, they are not even in the same league. It is your right to believe what you would like to, but for this average Joe, it didn't work fine. My other slower average Joe friend with the 15 4CS forks also felt the same way, but we are all entitled to our opinions. That is why there are 52+ flavors of ice cream right?
Where can you get Ohlins suspension? I got a 2015 250F (KXF) and I'm really not liking the air forks. I called pro circuit to see if they still sold any A-kits that weren't air and they said no. Where did you get your kit?

The Shop

10/13/2014 1:04pm
moto282 wrote:
Where can you get Ohlins suspension? I got a 2015 250F (KXF) and I'm really not liking the air forks. I called pro circuit to see...
Where can you get Ohlins suspension? I got a 2015 250F (KXF) and I'm really not liking the air forks. I called pro circuit to see if they still sold any A-kits that weren't air and they said no. Where did you get your kit?
http://www.ohlinsusa.com/ohlins-dealers search for CA and you find the dealers.
tek14
10/13/2014 1:19pm
Pretty sure KTM will ride 15 models at Monster Cup.

I had Öhlins suspension on my KTM and it was best i had so far. Now im running Cone valve kit and its day
and night better than orginal stuff, mostly at front. Rear you can get away with orginal WP just get PDS style piston to replace orginal piston. Even im happy with Cone Valve i still feel that Öhlins kit was better.
10/13/2014 1:42pm
tek14 wrote:
Pretty sure KTM will ride 15 models at Monster Cup. I had Öhlins suspension on my KTM and it was best i had so far. Now...
Pretty sure KTM will ride 15 models at Monster Cup.

I had Öhlins suspension on my KTM and it was best i had so far. Now im running Cone valve kit and its day
and night better than orginal stuff, mostly at front. Rear you can get away with orginal WP just get PDS style piston to replace orginal piston. Even im happy with Cone Valve i still feel that Öhlins kit was better.
You running 52 mm ? Or the smaller ? Well Öhlins seems to make good progress. First time we see a major big player using Öhlins now with Chad. WP, Öhlins will grow bigger. Suddenly it feels like Showa is struggling , JGR switch to KYB, Honda switching to KYB.
mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
10/13/2014 1:43pm
mx_phreek wrote:
Okay forgive my ignorance, but what is the difference in normal wp forks/4c and these cone wp ones you speak of?
Why would you feel shame asking that question? The cone WP is the works forks or the A-kit fork 52mm wich the BTO team and Troy...
Why would you feel shame asking that question?

The cone WP is the works forks or the A-kit fork 52mm wich the BTO team and Troy Lee Design KTM use. It may be a slightly difference between the Cone WP 52 that Short and Brayton and the guys will use and the full on factory 52mm Cones that dungey and roczen used but there should basically be the same. Roczen went back and forth on his 250F , he went smaller to the 48mm ( it was clear he had comfort issues ).

WP A-Kit fork with a Cone Valve replaces conventional shim settings in the fork. In performance motorcycle forks, maximum compression damping is required to maintain stability and predictability. Most suspension tuners concentrate on changing the check valve settings, but this has traditionally been a compromise between comfort, damping control and durability—never capable of maximizing all three.

Advantages of WP’s Cone Valve system

WP Cone Valve can always open further which reduces harshness and increases comfort
Allows for increased comfort with stiffer set-ups
Cone valve prevents any loss of damping from bent shims
No sealing surface translates to minimum drop of pressure after valve opens
The WP A-Kit cone valve system comes as a complete replacement fork for your motorcycle.

The 4CS is a production based 48mm 4CS (4-Chamber System) fork.

The 4CS is significantly lighter and both easier and quicker to service and re-valve, spring changes take only minutes with a 4CS.

The 4CS features a separate 'Hydrostop' which is the forks bottoming control system, it can be re-valved independently of the base valve. You can now have a softish fork without the fork bottoming, ideal for light fast riders like Pro-Juniors and also Enduro.

The 4CS uses a needle in each side to provide positional damping control, much like the PDS needle does in a WP shock.
Thanks for your time explaining that. So it's a different valve stack design for compression damping. Cheers.
10/13/2014 2:27pm
moto282 wrote:
Thanks but already tried that. I called dealers and they had some parts but not the full suspension, which is why I was curious where he...
Thanks but already tried that. I called dealers and they had some parts but not the full suspension, which is why I was curious where he got his set.
Grizz
10/13/2014 3:18pm
Huckster wrote:
You're missing my point. I am the Average Joe. the stock forks were brutal. they were revalved and were much better but compared to the Ohlins...
You're missing my point. I am the Average Joe. the stock forks were brutal. they were revalved and were much better but compared to the Ohlins, they are not even in the same league. It is your right to believe what you would like to, but for this average Joe, it didn't work fine. My other slower average Joe friend with the 15 4CS forks also felt the same way, but we are all entitled to our opinions. That is why there are 52+ flavors of ice cream right?
moto282 wrote:
Where can you get Ohlins suspension? I got a 2015 250F (KXF) and I'm really not liking the air forks. I called pro circuit to see...
The 250F doesn't have air forks. Did you mean 450?
10/13/2014 3:31pm
Dart Board wrote:
[img]http://photos-a.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/10727826_285077288367960_1402488978_n.jpg[/img] Those are probably 2016 KTM 450s right?

That frame on Dungey's bike is different, Probably 15 plastic on the 16 bike
peelout
10/13/2014 3:35pm
Dart Board wrote:
[img]http://photos-a.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/10727826_285077288367960_1402488978_n.jpg[/img] Those are probably 2016 KTM 450s right?

wtf is with the diagonal shit? was the photographer a 15 year old girl?
10/13/2014 4:04pm
peelout wrote:
I guess Dean Wilson is a girl then.. Its a instagram photo for fun. Maybe he did that on purpose to not reveal to much of the bikes.
10/13/2014 5:31pm
Anyone looking for ohlins contact dean burke by far the best around for ohlins n customer service. And he has the exclusive rights for the huckvalves for the rfx forks his # 502-387-0906. Tell him nj rob told ya to call. He will hook u up
10/13/2014 6:10pm
What I find odd is you guys are talking more about the suspension that wont be on the 16's, more than the lack of a carb (if there is a carb in there somewhere, KTM needs to get their shit together) on the 2 stroke!!!

mrbingo_
10/14/2014 4:31am
Dart Board wrote:

peelout wrote:
thats 2015
10/14/2014 4:36am
What I find odd is you guys are talking more about the suspension that wont be on the 16's, more than the lack of a carb...
What I find odd is you guys are talking more about the suspension that wont be on the 16's, more than the lack of a carb (if there is a carb in there somewhere, KTM needs to get their shit together) on the 2 stroke!!!

What? We talked about the 2016 models and WP forks through the last 4 pages. Why would you bother with EFI on a two stroke? Carburator works just fine for them. KTM needs to get their shit together? They are the only manufacture to R&D two strokes they do just fine.
resetjet
10/14/2014 6:22am
Thats not a DI bike. They outfitted it with a pull starter as it is a big advantage in dead start hare scrambles.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
10/14/2014 6:47am Edited Date/Time 10/14/2014 6:48am
All KTM really needs to do is change the front fender on the 2016s. Those bikes would look 100x better with an orange KXF front fender
10/14/2014 6:52am
What I find odd is you guys are talking more about the suspension that wont be on the 16's, more than the lack of a carb...

What? We talked about the 2016 models and WP forks through the last 4 pages. Why would you bother with EFI on a two stroke? Carburator...
What? We talked about the 2016 models and WP forks through the last 4 pages. Why would you bother with EFI on a two stroke? Carburator works just fine for them. KTM needs to get their shit together? They are the only manufacture to R&D two strokes they do just fine.
I meant because of the mess of vent hoses, not because they dont have DI 2 strokes.
10/14/2014 6:56am
burn1986 wrote:
All KTM really needs to do is change the front fender on the 2016s. Those bikes would look 100x better with an orange KXF front fender
I disagree but the taste is different. KTM have a agressive look, reminds me of a hawk back in the days, ktm made the other manfactures be more agressive in their style, look at Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki now for example and compare it to 2008 and back.
Huckster
10/14/2014 9:37am
You actually comparing your standard forks WP with some small changes to TTX Ohlins wich is their A kit - funny... Ofc the Ohlins would be...
You actually comparing your standard forks WP with some small changes to TTX Ohlins wich is their A kit - funny... Ofc the Ohlins would be better its full blown the best kit they got while you rode wp´s previous stock line up forks with some mods..

Im a fan of Ohlins they need more riders cause their product is good but average fun riding will do just fine on stock suspension with modifications.

Huckster wrote:
Yea I am comparing them because they are both available to the public. I am a consumer who has the option and I am relating my...
Yea I am comparing them because they are both available to the public. I am a consumer who has the option and I am relating my experience. Take it for what it's worth, but as an average fun rider who had my stock WP revalved by one of the major players, who does a great job, there is a night and day difference. sure I could've kept my Stock stuff and never known the difference, but guess what, now that I have the Ohlins I do know the difference and I am passing along that information. If you find that funny, so be it..... Carry on....

rocketsocks26 you were right!!!!! I let a buddy of mine who has a '15 450 with revalved suspension, ride my bike and he is actively looking for a set of forks now. It is a HUGE difference IMHO.

Moto75 wrote:
For comparison: I've never read a magazine article comparing stock suspension to A-Kit suspension, then claim it's a fair test because both are available to the...
For comparison:

I've never read a magazine article comparing stock suspension to A-Kit suspension, then claim it's a fair test because both are available to the public.

For a fair test, you would need to compare WP's best available to Ohlins best available. Every manufacturer has better stuff than what's box stock on the bike. Saying one companies best available is better to one's baseline product, isn't really saying anything at all.
that's funny because every mag test that I have read does exactly that. They compare the aftermarket suspension to the stock suspension. Plus I am comparing my revalved WP stuff to the Ohlins that I now own. Do I have access to the BEST WP stuff? Can I get the suspension that 94 and 5 used this summer? I was able to purchase a set of Ohlins and IMHO it is night and day difference to the revalved WP set that was on my bike.
10/14/2014 9:42am
Huckster wrote:
that's funny because every mag test that I have read does exactly that. They compare the aftermarket suspension to the stock suspension. Plus I am comparing...
that's funny because every mag test that I have read does exactly that. They compare the aftermarket suspension to the stock suspension. Plus I am comparing my revalved WP stuff to the Ohlins that I now own. Do I have access to the BEST WP stuff? Can I get the suspension that 94 and 5 used this summer? I was able to purchase a set of Ohlins and IMHO it is night and day difference to the revalved WP set that was on my bike.
You are right they do compare aftermarket with stock but its still kinda unfair but at the same time i see your point. You have access to the best WP stuff these days the same stuff BTO & Troy Lee and Rockstar Husky is using. Expensive stuff http://wpfactoryservices.com/
Huckster
10/14/2014 10:28am
Huckster wrote:
that's funny because every mag test that I have read does exactly that. They compare the aftermarket suspension to the stock suspension. Plus I am comparing...
You are right they do compare aftermarket with stock but its still kinda unfair but at the same time i see your point. You have access...
You are right they do compare aftermarket with stock but its still kinda unfair but at the same time i see your point. You have access to the best WP stuff these days the same stuff BTO & Troy Lee and Rockstar Husky is using. Expensive stuff http://wpfactoryservices.com/
how much is it?
10/14/2014 11:15am
Huckster wrote:
You are right they do compare aftermarket with stock but its still kinda unfair but at the same time i see your point. You have access...
Huckster wrote:
how much is it?
Unfortunately idk. Give them a call. But i can imagine the pricetag is very expensive if you want the WPs A-kit cone and the Trax Shock, its exactly the same parts as Brayton & Short and Anderson won the lites titel on. Give them a call and check, i would love to have a pair of wp´s best forks & shock

Post a reply to: All new KTM 2016

The Latest