California to Ban new 2 Strokes over 90cc (except competition) starting 2022?

1/18/2020 9:25am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2020 9:26am
The "insanity" of the government doesn't really have that much of an emotional impact at the end of the day. People go about their lives just as they would anywhere else.

If you're bemoaning the government to such an extent that it causes you emotional distress, I'd say you have some personal problems that are mutually exclusive of any particular government's activities.

We ultimately have to accept responsibility for where we live. If someone is really that unhappy, they are free to seek a better life elsewhere.

California really isn't that bad, especially if you can afford to live in one of the many insulated communities that are relatively immune from any government insanity.

In fact, I would go so far as to say, California is pretty fucking awesome, all things considered.
Tumblin
1/18/2020 10:07am
How the hell will the state pay for for itself when its productive population have fled with mostly leeches left? Is bankruptcy and federal lawsuits the end game, or are we really banking on that new ocean view to clean it all up?
gt80rider
1/18/2020 10:12am
California is a prime example of why not to vote for Democrats.
"prime example why to never vote the big two"...

Fixed it for ya...
toomanykaws
1/18/2020 10:16am
Wonder if Ca still had a Gov similar to Arnold how different things would be today. It sure has changed since he left office.

The Shop

KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
1/18/2020 10:17am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2020 10:20am
Welllllll it is the weather. I’m not saying all California weather is nice, but where I live I can ride n 70 degree weather 12 months out of the year if I wait for the right day. A cold snap is when it dips below 60 and a heat wave is when we break 80. Considering how ones body feels when it’s outside n the elements, weather is a pretty important part of my life. So that one reason is why I stay in Commiefornia

My in-laws couldn’t take the communist here any longer so they moved to AZ. Fuck that! Over 100 degrees for 6 months and then come winter time they freeze their asses off with 50 degrees and wind. At least they only pay $100 for registration 🙄
1/18/2020 10:36am
Wonder if Ca still had a Gov similar to Arnold how different things would be today. It sure has changed since he left office.
Arnold was a turn coat asshole. He started strong till his ego was hurt going after the unions. Then he flipped to a highly progressive Democrat.
Alex.434
1/18/2020 11:48am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2020 11:50am
Always amazing how many people *hate* California. LOL. So move, or don't visit, won't bother me none. I also *LOVE* those that proudly proclaim "USA USA" are the same to hate on people from other parts of the US. "Fucking Californians moving to Idaho and ruining it!!! Get out!'. Last I checked we're all US citizens and are free to move about the country as we please and voting how we please is the central tenant of democracy.. Except when you know... YOU personally don't like it. Then it's NIMBY time.

You are just as bad as the people you claim to hate.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
609th
1/18/2020 11:58am
Let's see, 3 pages of shit show started from 1 unsubstantiated rumor from some mechanic and an article about lawn equipment laws that have been evolving since about 1997 and have nothing to do with motorcycles..... is that about right? and then turn it into a bash california thread.... typical.. Dry
1/18/2020 12:52pm
SoCalMX70 wrote:
2 strokes are not being banned. It will just start getting a lot harder for manufacturers to get them green/red sticker certified unless they start pumping...
2 strokes are not being banned. It will just start getting a lot harder for manufacturers to get them green/red sticker certified unless they start pumping new tech into them. This will apply to all OHVs on public lands.

As it stands now, nothing will stop Yamaha from selling A 20 year anniversary 2026 YZ250 (BNGs). 2027 and beyond looks a bit less clear.

All documents here:
https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/rulemaking/2019/redstickeramendments

Easiest doc for a summary of the changes (starts over half way down 2nd page):
https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/regact/2019/ohrv/redstickeruid.pdf
Looks like their are getting rid of red sticker and red sticker season? That sounds like good news to me
1/18/2020 1:15pm
The oil and gas industry enjoys the same write offs as any other company in America. A hand out would be like what the renewable energy...
The oil and gas industry enjoys the same write offs as any other company in America. A hand out would be like what the renewable energy industry receives to survive.
This is not true. There are a number of industry specific credits and deductions in the tax code.
1/18/2020 1:23pm
The oil and gas industry enjoys the same write offs as any other company in America. A hand out would be like what the renewable energy...
The oil and gas industry enjoys the same write offs as any other company in America. A hand out would be like what the renewable energy industry receives to survive.
This is not true. There are a number of industry specific credits and deductions in the tax code.
Name some?
1/18/2020 1:26pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2020 1:27pm
Name some?
I'll link the first energy investment fund that comes up on Google to list some if you want to get in with some capital:
https://www.energyfunders.com/invest/oil-industry-tax-breaks/
1/18/2020 1:36pm
Name some?
I'll link the first energy investment fund that comes up on Google to list some if you want to get in with some capital:
I didn't read anywhere, oil and gas receive direct subsidies like renewables. I see higher tax deductable percentages. Makes sense for an industry with a high investment cost. Question doesn't any specific industry have special tax advantages tailored for that specialized industry?
1/18/2020 1:44pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2020 1:53pm
Name some?
I didn't read anywhere, oil and gas receive direct subsidies like renewables. I see higher tax deductable percentages. Makes sense for an industry with a high...
I didn't read anywhere, oil and gas receive direct subsidies like renewables. I see higher tax deductable percentages. Makes sense for an industry with a high investment cost. Question doesn't any specific industry have special tax advantages tailored for that specialized industry?
That's a big pivot from, "they get the same write offs as any company".

But you are on the right track, so there's also some "direct subsidies" you can check out. See form 8904. Like, if prices ever fall below certain levels, the government will just give you money to keep pumping. That's pretty good for an investor, too.
1/18/2020 1:54pm
I didn't read anywhere, oil and gas receive direct subsidies like renewables. I see higher tax deductable percentages. Makes sense for an industry with a high...
That's a big pivot from, "they get the same write offs as any company". But you are on the right track, so there's also some "direct...

But you are on the right track, so there's also some "direct subsidies" you can check out. See form 8904. Like, if prices ever fall below certain levels, the government will just give you money to keep pumping. That's pretty good for an investor, too.
When did I state they just get some write offs? I stated they enjoy tax deductions like other businesses. Silcon valley get special tax advantages for their industry. Hollyweird also.
1/18/2020 2:01pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2020 2:02pm
That's a big pivot from, "they get the same write offs as any company". But you are on the right track, so there's also some "direct...

When did I state they just get some write offs? I stated they enjoy tax deductions like other businesses. Silcon valley get special tax advantages for...
When did I state they just get some write offs? I stated they enjoy tax deductions like other businesses. Silcon valley get special tax advantages for their industry. Hollyweird also.
Yes I get that. And all those add up to differences, where you said it is the same. Do you think all businesses end up paying the same exact rate after all the various deductions and credits are applied?
1/18/2020 2:07pm

When did I state they just get some write offs? I stated they enjoy tax deductions like other businesses. Silcon valley get special tax advantages for...
Yes I get that. And all those add up to differences, where you said it is the same. Do you think all businesses end up paying...
Yes I get that. And all those add up to differences, where you said it is the same. Do you think all businesses end up paying the same exact rate after all the various deductions and credits are applied?
Good read on the tax credit for marginal wells. It states if oil price is $15/ barrel or wells producing less than 20 barrels a day. The credits kick in at 3 bucks. So safe to say it it's not or haven't been used much or at all.
1/18/2020 2:09pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2020 2:10pm
Yes I get that. And all those add up to differences, where you said it is the same. Do you think all businesses end up paying...
Good read on the tax credit for marginal wells. It states if oil price is $15/ barrel or wells producing less than 20 barrels a day...
Good read on the tax credit for marginal wells. It states if oil price is $15/ barrel or wells producing less than 20 barrels a day. The credits kick in at 3 bucks. So safe to say it it's not or haven't been used much or at all.
It has never been used. But not all industries have a government-mandated price floor. That's pretty legit if you ask me.

And it won't be the oil trigger that tips it. It is the natural gas one. That stuff is so cheap right now.
1/18/2020 2:14pm
Good read on the tax credit for marginal wells. It states if oil price is $15/ barrel or wells producing less than 20 barrels a day...
It has never been used. But not all industries have a government-mandated price floor. That's pretty legit if you ask me. And it won't be the...
It has never been used. But not all industries have a government-mandated price floor. That's pretty legit if you ask me.

And it won't be the oil trigger that tips it. It is the natural gas one. That stuff is so cheap right now.
The gas part was what 1.68 per 1000. Its over 2 bucks. So safe to say it's not used. I don't see a problem in that carve out. I see a problem with guaranteed loans and straight free cash to specific businesses and industries like wind and solar.
RM Mike
1/18/2020 4:56pm
They will not stop until they have the people grateful to ride a tram.
1/18/2020 5:18pm
RM Mike wrote:
They will not stop until they have the people grateful to ride a tram.
And using wood for energy. Oh they do in England. Look up how the UK buys our hardwoods to burn for energy. It's considered renewable energy. No wonder hardwood prices are high.
Tbteam
1/18/2020 5:23pm
I heard an interesting quote today. “Every person in the state of California is looking for a way out, or has already formulated a plan.”
burnside
1/18/2020 7:30pm
Alex.434 wrote:
Always amazing how many people *hate* California. LOL. So move, or don't visit, won't bother me none. I also *LOVE* those that proudly proclaim "USA USA"...
Always amazing how many people *hate* California. LOL. So move, or don't visit, won't bother me none. I also *LOVE* those that proudly proclaim "USA USA" are the same to hate on people from other parts of the US. "Fucking Californians moving to Idaho and ruining it!!! Get out!'. Last I checked we're all US citizens and are free to move about the country as we please and voting how we please is the central tenant of democracy.. Except when you know... YOU personally don't like it. Then it's NIMBY time.

You are just as bad as the people you claim to hate.
Agree.

Doesn't sound very "United" does it?
Maybe USA needs its own Brexit.. haha.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
609th
1/18/2020 8:01pm
Tbteam wrote:
I heard an interesting quote today. “Every person in the state of California is looking for a way out, or has already formulated a plan.”
wow, good stuff. i also heard an interesting quote today: "anyone who doesn't live in california will try to find a reason not to and then complain about it"...
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
1/19/2020 3:16pm
Tbteam wrote:
Whoever said it was just making things up. I doubt that even a majority wasn't to leave.

Post a reply to: California to Ban new 2 Strokes over 90cc (except competition) starting 2022?

The Latest