USADA+UFC issues

wide open wally
Fantasy
3834th
Edited Date/Time 12/28/2019 11:55pm
I read the Ping thread and something I never notice anyone bring up in these topics is the Jon Jones situation from UFC with people talk about masking agents and all that. The level of testing these days are extremely sensitive, so sensitive that in the Jon Jones case it picked up on his previous failed test in Picograms.
This topic was massively important because it would define how future drug testing would go not just in UFC but multiple other sports USADA tested. Joe Rogan did a podcast with Jeff Novitzky that was fascinating, he goes into super great detail. Worth the listen. And yes all agencies can be corrupted, but in motocross the money doesn’t run deep enough for these guys to be able to afford the drugs and masking agents, it’s very very expensive. Obviously the top few big dogs could but it’s a long shot for the rest.

Test them all, punish the guilty. Just be better at suspensions and turn around times
|
PastranaWho
12/25/2019 6:01pm Edited Date/Time 12/25/2019 6:02pm
Ping is pissed unloading a tirade. Havent seen him this mad since the mohhammed days..lol
APLMAN99
12/25/2019 6:39pm
Ping is pissed unloading a tirade. Havent seen him this mad since the mohhammed days..lol
He’s usually pretty funny and I generally like his work, but that’s some of the thinnest skin I’ve seen in a long time.

I think it’d be just a nightmare being a commentator and being so sensitive to any criticism from anyone that you’d need to lash out like that. Just let folks do their talking and go on to your next story, interview, etc. If a commentator at a bigger sport were to be as sensitive as that, they’d stroke out after a week.
Natester551v
12/25/2019 6:39pm
Methinks someone may have spiked Mr. Pingree's Christmas Eve eggnog....that was bizarre...the normally articulate and thoughtful (and yes, sarcastic at times) guy I know went full retard....

I agree with some of the OP's comments. The biggest issue I have with making it the wild west is the horrible message it sends to upcoming kids. I hate the corrupt enforcement bodies, but letting cheating just happen is plain ignorant...
Natester551v
12/25/2019 6:40pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
He’s usually pretty funny and I generally like his work, but that’s some of the thinnest skin I’ve seen in a long time. I think it’d...
He’s usually pretty funny and I generally like his work, but that’s some of the thinnest skin I’ve seen in a long time.

I think it’d be just a nightmare being a commentator and being so sensitive to any criticism from anyone that you’d need to lash out like that. Just let folks do their talking and go on to your next story, interview, etc. If a commentator at a bigger sport were to be as sensitive as that, they’d stroke out after a week.
Spot on...I stand by my eggnog theory...😬

The Shop

jeffro503
12/25/2019 6:47pm
I seriously don't even listen to podcasts. But......
Maybe David was throwing out a question for debate , and you totally took him literally , as if if it was 100% his opinion?

Again.....I don't listen , nor have any idea what you guys are even talking about. I just know Ping as a pretty level headed dude , so I dunno.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
12/25/2019 6:47pm Edited Date/Time 12/25/2019 6:48pm
I Thought the comments on feld killing off the sponsors were very interesting , although I wonder if once Ricky and Carey stepping back from doing stuff also hurt the ability to get sponsors
12/25/2019 7:15pm
Regardless of the topic being discussed there, that was just an embarrassing set of responses from Ping.

I won't even get into the ridiculousness of just allowing anyone to take whatever they want....

The reality is, you can only test for things you know to look for. The Barry Bonds/Marion Jones case was the classic example of that. Had they not been ratted out, nobody would have even known what to look for. The top people in the tops sports will be able to afford these types of doping programs... MX/SX? I think we'll just see guys getting popped for the garden variety mistakes with a few guys cheating on the more basic stuff.

Anyway, that Ping stuff in the other thread was just a head shaker.
tcallahan707
12/25/2019 7:23pm
Regardless of the topic being discussed there, that was just an embarrassing set of responses from Ping. I won't even get into the ridiculousness of just...
Regardless of the topic being discussed there, that was just an embarrassing set of responses from Ping.

I won't even get into the ridiculousness of just allowing anyone to take whatever they want....

The reality is, you can only test for things you know to look for. The Barry Bonds/Marion Jones case was the classic example of that. Had they not been ratted out, nobody would have even known what to look for. The top people in the tops sports will be able to afford these types of doping programs... MX/SX? I think we'll just see guys getting popped for the garden variety mistakes with a few guys cheating on the more basic stuff.

Agreed. Also, if anyone else called someone an ignorant shit, GuyB would be waiting with the snips. Good to be on the payroll.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
12/25/2019 7:27pm Edited Date/Time 12/25/2019 7:28pm
He has every right to be on a tirade or “triggered” - I just listened to his comments on The show and to even question what he said or to call him retarded is laughable-

Ping said “it’s kind of a fringe topic and SOME PEOPLE in the nfl and MLB word think these athletes should just have at it” - he didn’t say that’s his opinion.

Someone gets on here misquotes him or must have been drunk when they listened and came out guns blazing and calling him names. Kinda reminds me of the comments on CNN or FOX News.

tcallahan707
12/25/2019 7:28pm
Regis wrote:
He has every right to be on a tirade or “triggered” - I just listened to his comments on The show and to even question what...
He has every right to be on a tirade or “triggered” - I just listened to his comments on The show and to even question what he said or to call him retarded is laughable-

Ping said “it’s kind of a fringe topic and SOME PEOPLE in the nfl and MLB word think these athletes should just have at it” - he didn’t say that’s his opinion.

Someone gets on here misquotes him or must have been drunk when they listened and came out guns blazing and calling him names. Kinda reminds me of the comments on CNN or FOX News.

Read the end of the other thread. Valid points are made that address this.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
12/25/2019 7:30pm Edited Date/Time 12/25/2019 7:33pm
Regardless of the topic being discussed there, that was just an embarrassing set of responses from Ping. I won't even get into the ridiculousness of just...

Agreed. Also, if anyone else called someone an ignorant shit, GuyB would be waiting with the snips. Good to be on the payroll.
I wonder if the “Tobz” in the original thread actually listed to what ping said on the show.
Premixed112
12/25/2019 7:38pm
From what I understood, they were saying that trace amounts of these banned supplements shouldn't warrant the suspensions they do. And also, for how short of a career the average rider has, these sentences they've been throwing at guys like 2 years is asanine. Their suspensions should be at most about 4 races. One year is like 5 in MX years.

Along with all of the other criticisms that people have of the FIM (lag time with sentencing) I think at the end, Ping sort of went nuclear with the comment about how everyone should be allowed to take anything. I don't necessarily agree with that, but I do believe that there should be a threshold for how much of a substance someone tests for along with the severity of the substance.

No more of these year-long suspensions for a trace amount of a random substance found in a protein shake that barely helps performance!
12/25/2019 8:22pm
Classic ping meltdown, if you don't agree with ping then your wrong, he's always right. Been that way for years.

Talks shit about the forums and members for years but now he has a product to sell, he's all for them.
ATKpilot99
12/25/2019 8:24pm
Someone in ping's position should respond in a more professional manner , similar to the way Davey Coombs responds when he gets shit. He shouldn't respond like a fellow vitard. Just my opinion.
Helda
12/25/2019 8:30pm
Regis wrote:
He has every right to be on a tirade or “triggered” - I just listened to his comments on The show and to even question what...

You forget then ping went on to say this and this is a direct quote from the thread had a mental break down in, took his bat and ball and locked.

"Retarded? They’ll never be able to get in front of the masking agents, which means anybody with enough money can take whatever they want. So why fight it? I’ll sit here and wait while you give me some bullshit idea of how to handle it. Go ahead."

It was pathetic the way he acted, what a sook.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
Regis wrote:

Don’t agree , he is an employee and moderator here he should not of really gone off as he did , the idea was Floated on his show that no drug testing should be done and they joked about having guys Basically shoot up on the line ,
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Someone in ping's position should respond in a more professional manner , similar to the way Davey Coombs responds when he gets shit. He shouldn't respond...
Someone in ping's position should respond in a more professional manner , similar to the way Davey Coombs responds when he gets shit. He shouldn't respond like a fellow vitard. Just my opinion.
Hit the nail on the head.

I’m not a Ping fan nor hater, but after reading his responses I could only say to myself “what a douche”
Helda
12/25/2019 8:32pm
If I was Guyb I'd be having a quiet chat to him, lost all respect for Ping, if somone I was paying spoke to customers like that I'd be fucking pissed.
12/25/2019 8:33pm
I read the Ping thread and something I never notice anyone bring up in these topics is the Jon Jones situation from UFC with people talk...
I read the Ping thread and something I never notice anyone bring up in these topics is the Jon Jones situation from UFC with people talk about masking agents and all that. The level of testing these days are extremely sensitive, so sensitive that in the Jon Jones case it picked up on his previous failed test in Picograms.
This topic was massively important because it would define how future drug testing would go not just in UFC but multiple other sports USADA tested. Joe Rogan did a podcast with Jeff Novitzky that was fascinating, he goes into super great detail. Worth the listen. And yes all agencies can be corrupted, but in motocross the money doesn’t run deep enough for these guys to be able to afford the drugs and masking agents, it’s very very expensive. Obviously the top few big dogs could but it’s a long shot for the rest.

Test them all, punish the guilty. Just be better at suspensions and turn around times
You couldn't be more wrong or more uninformed
First off, Novitsky is a company man.
2nd, so is Rogan

3rd, Picograms is a result of a too late test.
Learn what half lives are.

Because they cannot prove a recent use, they used the excuse to get the whole card moved from Vegas to Calif. NSAC said fuck it. Guy failed we aren't licensing him

Calif bought the bullshit for the revenue.

The excuse is basically saying you were drunk 3 years ago, but you're still drunk. Then not, then drunk, then not, then drunk again.

Remember, Jones hid under the cage for 8 hours at Jackson Wink while usada waited for him. They knew he was there, sonewhere.

They wanted to get a warrant to go back and analyze the piss under the octagon for drugs and DNA but got denied.

That's how many times Jones tested clean, dirty, clean, dirty, clean, dirty.

Pulsing is bullshit and everyone knows it. But CAC licensed him stating the amounts weren't enough to matter, even though those amounts were low, nothing, higher, nothing, low etc.

Novitsky dodges legit questions like a kid playing dodgeball. He switched sides.

The problem is simply there are too many drugs in and out in 4 hours and limited testing resources.

They were trying to catch Dillashaw for years. Got him. Same for others.

Lately lots of drug coaches have been banned for 4 years to life. One worked for the drug manufacturers just recently. Usada puts out some great info.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/25/2019 8:34pm
There was also another thread complaining about the first thread being locked that went in the circular file after it turned into a bunch of nonsense about political beliefs.

When I get an email from someone here on Christmas Day complaining about a thread being tossed, there are clearly some people with different priorities out there. I guess that also explains much of the rest of this thread.
wide open wally
Fantasy
3834th
12/25/2019 8:44pm
I read the Ping thread and something I never notice anyone bring up in these topics is the Jon Jones situation from UFC with people talk...

You couldn't be more wrong or more uninformed First off, Novitsky is a company man. 2nd, so is Rogan 3rd, Picograms is a result of a...
2nd, so is Rogan

Because they cannot prove a recent use, they used the excuse to get the whole card moved from Vegas to Calif. NSAC said fuck it. Guy failed we aren't licensing him

The excuse is basically saying you were drunk 3 years ago, but you're still drunk. Then not, then drunk, then not, then drunk again.

Remember, Jones hid under the cage for 8 hours at Jackson Wink while usada waited for him. They knew he was there, sonewhere.

They wanted to get a warrant to go back and analyze the piss under the octagon for drugs and DNA but got denied.

Pulsing is bullshit and everyone knows it. But CAC licensed him stating the amounts weren't enough to matter, even though those amounts were low, nothing, higher, nothing, low etc.

Novitsky dodges legit questions like a kid playing dodgeball. He switched sides.

The problem is simply there are too many drugs in and out in 4 hours and limited testing resources.

Lately lots of drug coaches have been banned for 4 years to life. One worked for the drug manufacturers just recently. Usada puts out some great info.
I somewhat agree but I feel fairly informed as I do consider myself a hardcore mma fan, my point was/is how advanced testing has become and it not being that easy for guys in Moto to drug and mask it in their price range. Everyone knows jones is dirty don’t get me wrong on that, but I do believe the testing is becoming so good that they are running into issues never faced before. I don’t believe Rogan to be a company man but do agree with Novitzski, that in itself is a entirely different subject.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
12/25/2019 8:47pm
I somewhat agree but I feel fairly informed as I do consider myself a hardcore mma fan, my point was/is how advanced testing has become and...
I somewhat agree but I feel fairly informed as I do consider myself a hardcore mma fan, my point was/is how advanced testing has become and it not being that easy for guys in Moto to drug and mask it in their price range. Everyone knows jones is dirty don’t get me wrong on that, but I do believe the testing is becoming so good that they are running into issues never faced before. I don’t believe Rogan to be a company man but do agree with Novitzski, that in itself is a entirely different subject.
I can’t see Rogan coming out and outright bagging the ufc of Jon Jones ,
12/25/2019 8:52pm
Masking agents dont hide everything, and most were just IVs and diuretics

It's better to just take the right stuff so you can duck a test for a few.
The best part of USADA coming into MX is the info will be emailed out.

Merrell’s sanction was reduced from four years to two years because she did not specifically know her coach had provided her the prohibited substance, although he did encourage her to use prohibited substance to increase her performance. -
12/25/2019 9:11pm
GuyB wrote:
There was also another thread complaining about the first thread being locked that went in the circular file after it turned into a bunch of nonsense...
There was also another thread complaining about the first thread being locked that went in the circular file after it turned into a bunch of nonsense about political beliefs.

When I get an email from someone here on Christmas Day complaining about a thread being tossed, there are clearly some people with different priorities out there. I guess that also explains much of the rest of this thread.
Why do you always feel the need to talk down to the users of this forum, we support the forum and give you a job. Fair enough there are some idiots on here that do deserve to be clipped, but i think you need to change your attitude a bit.

You should be happy people are logging on to here at christmas and enjoy the place so much, checking work emails on christmas day sounds like your priorities are mixed up.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
12/25/2019 9:19pm
GuyB wrote:
There was also another thread complaining about the first thread being locked that went in the circular file after it turned into a bunch of nonsense...

As a question not ment to wind you up , but likely too

Are you ok with what ping said on the original thread ?
12/25/2019 9:22pm

You couldn't be more wrong or more uninformed First off, Novitsky is a company man. 2nd, so is Rogan 3rd, Picograms is a result of a...
2nd, so is Rogan

I somewhat agree but I feel fairly informed as I do consider myself a hardcore mma fan, my point was/is how advanced testing has become and...
Do you even know who Novitsky is?

It's basically like a DEA agent going to work for the drug cartels. Novitsky is no dummy. And he can fool alot of people with terms way over their heads.

But he's not fooling everyone.

Try convincing a jury you were drunk driving from the booze you drank 3 years ago.

Half lives. Learn about it.

Post a reply to: USADA+UFC issues

The Latest