RandyS
Edited Date/Time 7/5/2020 7:25pm
NASCAR is at at about 14:57
|
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
6/23/2020 6:30pm
Sometimes it's just best to keep your mouth shut. Looking at you, Mr. Webb.
charge
6/23/2020 6:39pm
Listen man.... I don’t like the glee in which some sides take in being able to pounce on a whole group of people. As if the noose was an opportunity.

So I think sometimes an apology is warranted.

But also some understanding that there are some ugly skeletons in NASCARs closet and those shouldn’t be unequivocally denied either

The Shop

defeatist45
6/23/2020 6:39pm
Ruh roh. Easy Coop. Better not have an unpopular opinion at this time
RandyS
6/23/2020 6:42pm
avidchimp wrote:
Why, is he not responsible for his actions. Bullshit is bullshit, you don't get special privileges at the truth because of skin color. If Bubba was not the one who reported as said in the post below it then those people need to apologize too, but he perpetuated it and threw gas on the fire.
Crush
6/23/2020 6:43pm
What does he want an apology for?

If I was KTM, i'd be telling him to stfu. Opinion or not, why put yourself in bad PR's way?
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
6/23/2020 6:45pm
avidchimp wrote:
The whole situation is starting to look a lot more like Jessie Swollett by the minute.
ddog558
6/23/2020 6:47pm
My opinion of Webb just went up a notch.
6/23/2020 6:50pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2020 7:20pm
avidchimp wrote:
TbonesPop wrote:
The whole situation is starting to look a lot more like Jessie Swollett by the minute.
How would it look like Smollet when it was acknowledged that the noose was there and had been for a year. Sounds like a dumb misunderstanding blown out of proportion in sensitive times.
RandyS
6/23/2020 6:50pm
Webb has a ton of new fans judging by the responses to Webbs comment.
RandyS
6/23/2020 6:52pm
Oh, and my opinion of The King went down a few notches too.
gerg
6/23/2020 6:52pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2020 6:54pm
avidchimp wrote:
TbonesPop wrote:
How would it look like Smollet when it was acknowledged that the noose was there and had been for a year. Sounds like a dumb misunderstanding...
How would it look like Smollet when it was acknowledged that the noose was there and had been for a year. Sounds like a dumb misunderstanding blown out of proportion in sensitive times.

Edit: bah ninja edited!
6/23/2020 6:54pm
TbonesPop wrote:
How would it look like Smollet when it was acknowledged that the noose was there and had been for a year. Sounds like a dumb misunderstanding...
gerg wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/06/23/434035/s1200_moose.jpg[/img] Edit: bah ninja edited!

Edit: bah ninja edited!
Beat you to the punch with the fix. Wink
charge
6/23/2020 6:54pm
RandyS wrote:
You are celebrating a little too hard here.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
6/23/2020 6:55pm
avidchimp wrote:
TbonesPop wrote:
This whole situation spiraled out of control in the last 24 hours to the point where 15 FBI agents investigated it - that's how it looks like the Smollett deal. You're telling me the race team didn't know the difference between a rope that was used to open a garage door and an actual noose? This situation got spun up in the media, and a fair amount by Bubba. Ya, the more info that comes out, the more suspicious it looks.

Point being, situations like this take away from legitimate issues to resolve.
6/23/2020 6:58pm
TbonesPop wrote:
TbonesPop wrote:
This whole situation spiraled out of control in the last 24 hours to the point where 15 FBI agents investigated it - that's how it looks...
This whole situation spiraled out of control in the last 24 hours to the point where 15 FBI agents investigated it - that's how it looks like the Smollett deal. You're telling me the race team didn't know the difference between a rope that was used to open a garage door and an actual noose? This situation got spun up in the media, and a fair amount by Bubba. Ya, the more info that comes out, the more suspicious it looks.

It was an actual noose. The garage door rope was tied in a hangman's knot. It was just done years ago and not targeted at the current occupant of the stall.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
6/23/2020 7:00pm
It was an actual noose. The garage door rope was tied in a hangman's knot. It was just done years ago and not targeted at the...
It was an actual noose. The garage door rope was tied in a hangman's knot. It was just done years ago and not targeted at the current occupant of the stall.
So why did 15 FBI agents show up to investigate it? And why did it take that to get clarification on the situation?
Sierra Ranger
6/23/2020 7:02pm
My daughter is five and fashioned a little loopy rope to climb over our fence and she left it hanging there. It looks just like a hangman's noose. It's been hanging there next to our house, and I almost took it down, worried someone might get the wrong idea. That's how insane our world is today.
Like I said in another thread, social media is one big fucking high school, with the biggest drama queens getting the most attention.

6/23/2020 7:02pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2020 7:03pm
It was an actual noose. The garage door rope was tied in a hangman's knot. It was just done years ago and not targeted at the...
TbonesPop wrote:
So why did 15 FBI agents show up to investigate it? And why did it take that to get clarification on the situation?
Probably cuz pro sports have a ton of political pull. The same way we had congressional committees investigating doping in baseball.
RandyS
6/23/2020 7:03pm
RandyS wrote:
charge wrote:
You are celebrating a little too hard here.
Save it cupcake. This fucker fueled an already toxic situation. We are now at least half a day since it was announced and his Instagram still has this post up, as well as well as the original one I posted.

6/23/2020 7:04pm
This reminds me of the idiot Hollywood actress who found driver bits on the ground. She assumed they were bullets.
motomike137
6/23/2020 7:06pm
avidchimp wrote:
Bullshit. Cooper is spot on.
kkawboy14
6/23/2020 7:07pm
TbonesPop wrote:
This whole situation spiraled out of control in the last 24 hours to the point where 15 FBI agents investigated it - that's how it looks...

And it was on every garage door, not just that 1
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
6/23/2020 7:07pm
TbonesPop wrote:
Probably cuz pro sports have a ton of political pull. The same way we had congressional committees investigating doping in baseball.
Or maybe they really wanted to get to the bottom of how the whole situation and end the bullshit. Find the person responsible and resolve it. Then what they found was different than what was being claimed.

Did you read the comments directly from Bubba regarding the incident? ^^shown above^^
cloverdale
6/23/2020 7:12pm
On a lighter note...little known fact. Rico is one hell of a good trials rider...seriously!
motomike137
6/23/2020 7:15pm
For once I like to see someone stand up (I'm looking at you Bubba Wallace) and make it clear that it was a huge mistake. Seems to me that Nascar and the MSM were attempting to tame the Talladega reputation and get in the news and it blew up in their face.

Post a reply to: Cooper Webb doesn't care about your feelings Bubba

The Latest