Ear plugs recommendation

Joko
Fantasy
190th
Which ear plugs brand have you guys tried and recommend? Thanks...
|
msp332
3/24/2019 10:26pm
I don't wear earplugs when I ride- but I've tried many for live music and I recommend musician's earplugs from Etymotic Research (https://www.etymotic.com/consumer/hearing-protection/er20xs.html and https://www.etymotic.com/consumer/hearing-protection/er20.html) or Hearos (https://hearos.com/collections/music/products/earplugs-high-fidelity-series-with-free-case). These allow clear hearing at all frequencies, just about half as loud. If you prefer the traditional foam plugs, I prefer Hearos (https://hearos.com/collections/events/products/ultimate-softness-series-ear-plugs). Foam earplugs reduce more noise overall, especially at speech frequencies and higher pitches.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
3/25/2019 11:14am
I just use the orange foam ones. Cheap and effective.
cwtoyota
3/25/2019 12:06pm
I just use the orange foam ones. Cheap and effective.
When I race, I use those ones as well.
specifically the orange ones with the rounded tip, tapered body and a smooth molded surface.

There are some cylindrical orange 3M plugs that work ok too, they have an open-cell cut foam look to them.

On practice days I wear a set of SoundMagic E-10 earbuds and listen to rock and roll on a SanDisk Sansa ClipSport.

The Shop

Supermega1
3/25/2019 2:02pm
I use these and really like them
Mack's Hear Plugs High Fidelity Ear Plugs - Musician Earplugs

They don't protect as much as other's but are meant to attenuate the sound by a few decibels so it brought down to safe levels.

I feel like I am more in tune with the bike as I can hear what the engine is doing more. Basically, it cuts the exhaust sound and I hear more engine sound.
jbonemalone
3/25/2019 8:40pm
Did you guys know you can go into any sams club and get free hearing test and custom made earplugs or earbuds?
I didn’t either but I recently saw they did and in about four days I’ll have my custom plugs to check out for myself.
Cost me $75 and they say 31nrr rating.
I work in loud industrial environments and fly paramotors as well as motorcycle riding so I seem to always have ear protectors in and none of them feel very comfortable or do much in the way to actually block sound.
I’m hoping this is the ticket.
msp332
3/26/2019 10:38am
Did you guys know you can go into any sams club and get free hearing test and custom made earplugs or earbuds? I didn’t either but...
Did you guys know you can go into any sams club and get free hearing test and custom made earplugs or earbuds?
I didn’t either but I recently saw they did and in about four days I’ll have my custom plugs to check out for myself.
Cost me $75 and they say 31nrr rating.
I work in loud industrial environments and fly paramotors as well as motorcycle riding so I seem to always have ear protectors in and none of them feel very comfortable or do much in the way to actually block sound.
I’m hoping this is the ticket.
Thanks for the tip!
Here's the Sam's club link.

Can you get different filters for them? I had some custom-fit musician's earplugs I bought for $150, and the filters were changeable to get the noise reduction desired. Etymotic Research brand. They're awesome but I'm not going to recommend them for riding when $0.20 earplugs will do, and the $20 musician's earplugs are just about as good now.
jbonemalone
3/26/2019 10:55am
The ones I purchased are solid silicone molds.
The earbud versions I haven’t checked yet as I want to see how good the quality is when I get these solid units.
1stSSPZ
3/26/2019 12:19pm
I have been an avid ear plug user for at least the last 30 (of my 50) years of riding. I make it a point to ask fellow riders if they use hearing protection or not. I am stunned at the numbers of riders who have never even considered wearing them. They make the whole experience (street or dirt) so much more enjoyable and safer.
wsmille2
3/26/2019 1:17pm
I use these and they work really well. They block out the sound and fit really well. Link - Plus they are under $15

Post a reply to: Ear plugs recommendation

The Latest