Ferrandis penalty

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2020 5:20am
From what I understand, he'll be on probation for the next 12 months.

There was a $3000 fine that was suspended. If something happens in the future, he'll pay the $3000, plus whatever additional penalty is involved.
|
Crush
1/19/2020 2:08am
Can anyone remember what the fines were for Tickle/Alessi and Craig/Martin in 2017?
1/19/2020 2:11am
A probationary period could hurt him more than docked positions imo, every pass he makes he'll have to think about it before he tries to be overly aggressive.
hillbilly
1/19/2020 2:32am
What he said on tv afterwards was odd to me,

The !more skilled move would been to not crash !myself to

Lucky he didn't get the rotor or spokes,,what is reaped later on could be far worse

The crowd is going to be brutal
JJO741
Fantasy
3037th
1/19/2020 3:22am
Dylan made a bad move. He got boo’d and deservedly so. The extreme some people are going to in regards to this incident is pathetic though. A lot of fans are not going to be happy with him but he and Craig are the ones to sort it out on the track and behind the scenes. I respect the hell out of Dylan’s desire to win but that was just a foolish move. It was just so unnecessary since he had the speed to pass him without riding like that. I think this penalty is fine given the circumstances and I am glad Christian is ok. Let’s move on, focus on the racing and hope Dylan has learned his lesson.

Also, fuck I was rooting for Jett so much. That kid is special and rode his nuts off tonight. Heal up quick!

The Shop

1/19/2020 4:48am
I think it was a display how bad he wants it. Fix your starts Dylan and shit like this doesnt have to happen
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
1/19/2020 5:17am
I’d like to know how many vital members got penalized after last night? Cheese and rice the pitchforks were out and the molotovs were lit.
WFO
1/19/2020 5:40am
I think the AMA is too unpredictable.. What will they do if Craig retaliates and Ferrandis ends up losing the title? Will they do a fine and suspend it and a 12 month probation? Used to be, back in the day, you were due a "Pay-back", and Everyone Knew it was coming.
kkawboy14
1/19/2020 5:41am
Craig would have to catch him to give him a payback!

Ferandis was ROLLIN, Craig got in the way.
Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
1/19/2020 5:47am
JJO741 wrote:
Dylan made a bad move. He got boo’d and deservedly so. The extreme some people are going to in regards to this incident is pathetic though...
Dylan made a bad move. He got boo’d and deservedly so. The extreme some people are going to in regards to this incident is pathetic though. A lot of fans are not going to be happy with him but he and Craig are the ones to sort it out on the track and behind the scenes. I respect the hell out of Dylan’s desire to win but that was just a foolish move. It was just so unnecessary since he had the speed to pass him without riding like that. I think this penalty is fine given the circumstances and I am glad Christian is ok. Let’s move on, focus on the racing and hope Dylan has learned his lesson.

Also, fuck I was rooting for Jett so much. That kid is special and rode his nuts off tonight. Heal up quick!
the online reaction on twitter or DF's social media account are pretty much representative of the social media scene in the US in general nowadays anyway, nothing out of standard in the level of idiocracy that ranges from politics to sports to people's private life choices. Not surprised to see the nobodies acting like big bullies online, insulting and threatening someone and their family from keyboard, unfortunately most of this immature trolls have plenty exemples to follow nowadays, no sense of civility.
wavslide1
1/19/2020 5:56am
Wow, if that was JLaw doing the same move he'd be a hero on here.
Question
1/19/2020 6:00am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2020 6:01am
Quite fair indeed. And I am a fan. Rubbing is ok but it is normal to set up a limit as well.

Overall this incident won't make it easy for this championship ; i think he had time to pass Lawrence, Cooper in a so so night would have finished 4th behind Craig, so Ferrandis would be 8 points behind instead of 12 now... Those 4 points could be worth a lot. Making up 12 points on Cooper won't be easy.

Other subject: disastrous/really unfortunate main for Forkner too, and what i am amazed of is, without Lawrence's late crashes, this 16 years old youngster would be right in the championship hunt too !

Racer111
1/19/2020 6:27am
Dylan is a Champion and a veteran in the class now. His riding should reflect that. Instead he looked like and up and coming rookie in his first SX race.

Tomac caught Roczen last night in almost the same exact scenario and passed without any contact.
agn5009
1/19/2020 6:31am
wavslide1 wrote:
Wow, if that was JLaw doing the same move he'd be a hero on here.
No he wouldn't. Care to continue and make yourself look even more dumb?
aees
1/19/2020 6:34am
Dylan almost made Jett crash as well with a poorly timed attempt to pass.

He should have gotten a penalty, you can clearly see that he just out it into the side of Craig.
deluxeman
1/19/2020 6:36am
Ferrandis is a punk. The move was really unnecessary, he had the speed to get him without destroying him. Craig is very lucky to escape without a big injury. I hope Dylan gets a really good payback for this one, Craig owes him a huge T-bone for this.
plowboy
1/19/2020 6:42am
I don't think Dylan has a reputation of being a dirty rider. Sometimes things happen in racing. DF now has a monkey on his back for the rest of the year. That's gonna haunt him cause the other guys know it and are going to use it to their advantage. As stated earlier...this is probably a harsher penalty than docked positions or even a black flag.
Panic_Rev
1/19/2020 6:45am
WFO wrote:
I think the AMA is too unpredictable.. What will they do if Craig retaliates and Ferrandis ends up losing the title? Will they do a fine...
I think the AMA is too unpredictable.. What will they do if Craig retaliates and Ferrandis ends up losing the title? Will they do a fine and suspend it and a 12 month probation? Used to be, back in the day, you were due a "Pay-back", and Everyone Knew it was coming.
Agree on the unpredictability. If this was the last lap for the championship it wouldn’t be an issue. I think it was a jackass thing to do and he had the speed to make the pass somewhere else.
1/19/2020 6:49am
JJO741 wrote:
Dylan made a bad move. He got boo’d and deservedly so. The extreme some people are going to in regards to this incident is pathetic though...

That's what got me about all the hate towards Musquin. He made a douche bag move on Tomac, so fine, boo him on the night. But the manic amount of hatred that was sent his way for over a year was insane. I hope DF doesn't get the same treatment and this all dies down pretty soon.
mmcmx
1/19/2020 6:51am
He lost a fan here.
davistld01
1/19/2020 6:57am
One thing for sure...Ferrandis needs to watch his back for the rest of the championship rounds. It’d be sad to lose in the last round or two because someone got their chance at a payback.
Racer111
1/19/2020 7:03am
JJO741 wrote:

That's what got me about all the hate towards Musquin. He made a douche bag move on Tomac, so fine, boo him on the night. But...
That's what got me about all the hate towards Musquin. He made a douche bag move on Tomac, so fine, boo him on the night. But the manic amount of hatred that was sent his way for over a year was insane. I hope DF doesn't get the same treatment and this all dies down pretty soon.
Here is the problem. Both Musquin and Ferrandis BOTH chose to play it off and blame the riders they took out instead of manning up about it.

Back when K-Dub took out DV, he straight up said yeah, he got overly aggressive with me and I got aggressive back. That’s what Americans do. These guys from across the pond like to make it out like it’s their victims fault and show little to no remorse for the incidents THEY caused. That’s why they get boo’d and continue getting boo’d.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
1/19/2020 7:05am
I was neither a fan or a hater of DF... In fact I cheered mightily when he flipped off those dudes outdoors. But I will not be any kind of fan moving forwards. Nobody knows what the long term effect on this championship will be, but I think we all know what the fan reaction is going to be week in and week out. Why? That was a desperation dick move and EVERYONE knows he had time to make a pass...
mx317
1/19/2020 7:09am
Racer111 wrote:
Here is the problem. Both Musquin and Ferrandis BOTH chose to play it off and blame the riders they took out instead of manning up about...
Here is the problem. Both Musquin and Ferrandis BOTH chose to play it off and blame the riders they took out instead of manning up about it.

Back when K-Dub took out DV, he straight up said yeah, he got overly aggressive with me and I got aggressive back. That’s what Americans do. These guys from across the pond like to make it out like it’s their victims fault and show little to no remorse for the incidents THEY caused. That’s why they get boo’d and continue getting boo’d.
Not necessarily what Americans do, but what MEN do.
tek14
1/19/2020 7:09am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2020 7:09am
People are crying if their favorite rider is block passed.
Talisker
1/19/2020 7:11am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2020 7:13am
If someone’s in the way, you move them out of the way.
All the greats in the sport have wasted no time getting to the front.
Someone’s line will eventually come together.
Ferrandis set up for the pass on the jump before the corner.
Craig should have not gone wide and maybe check up to avoid the crash.
But if “if” was a “skif” we’d all be sailing ⛵️.
The sanctioning bodies that be are trying to be too many peoples friends.
Probation, what a joke!!!! Did he wrap or egg someone’s house? Or was he trying to win a professional Supercross?
robkinuk
1/19/2020 7:14am
So Ferrandis is now public enemy No 1, yet when Zac Osbourne took out Savatgy in Vegas for the title, it's all okay?????
1/19/2020 7:15am
tek14 wrote:
People are crying if their favorite rider is block passed.
When they both get taken out it's not really a pass is it?
Ray_MXS
1/19/2020 7:19am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2020 7:27am
robkinuk wrote:
So Ferrandis is now public enemy No 1, yet when Zac Osbourne took out Savatgy in Vegas for the title, it's all okay?????
Zacho didn't go down himself. Dylan did.

Zacho would have made that turn even if Joey wasn't there. Dylan would have ended up in the mechanics area.

Zacho's was for a championship on the last lap of the last round. Dylan's was at round 3 with more than half of the race to go and he would have passed him easily anyway.

It's not the same.

Post a reply to: Ferrandis penalty

The Latest