KTM BTOSPORTS VIP Fan Experience?

Gale19XX
Edited Date/Time 1/16/2016 7:18am
Has anyone here purchased a VIP fan experience with KTM BTOSPORTS? I've been debating a buy but looking for some reviews from those that have experienced it. The price difference between outdoors and supercross are huge. I would rather do the outdoors but was also wondering if it's worth the $350. I can't justify spending $750 for a supercross experience but if it would convert my old lady to being a die hard fan, sign me up!
|
byke
1/14/2016 4:59pm
Haven't done this, but I can tell you JT is more stuffy than most and won't be "cool" about anything. As in, he won't let you peek in the suspension/motor cabinet, he won't talk about anything interesting, etc. He's extremely proper and corporate. However, he will be happy to tell you the dramatic story of how they purchased their second hand semi (no, it's not actually dramatic, but it's the only thing he'll talk about). I wouldn't spend the money for the BTO gig, but probably with another team. PC in particular are very cool. If you ever have a chance to mingle with those guys, you won't be disappointed.
MXD
1/14/2016 5:06pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2016 5:07pm
I doubt I would spend the money on it simply because that type of experience isn't that important to me. However, if it was that important, I wouldn't hesitate to spend the money with JT and a team like BTO. JT seems like a cool and laid back dude and BTO seems like a top notch organization. I haven't heard of one negative experience from anyone who has done it.
1/14/2016 5:22pm
The price is steep for what it is, but it's also an experience most people won't ever have. The whole bto sports program is top notch and full of great people. I don't think another team would provide as good of an experience on any level for your money.
1/14/2016 5:44pm
Whats the point if your not getting an in depth look into the semi, for that price come on? Iol, JT, say it aint so. Im totally down for the nj sx, mxboy2661@yahoo.com

The Shop

Xeno
1/14/2016 5:50pm
Just start a website and talk crap about a race team, then said team will invite you into their pit and give you a personal tour.

Worked for Brotocross.
kaptkaos
1/14/2016 5:50pm
Pretty sure no one else is offering, so that should tell you something right there, these are cool folks that care about the fans. Do you think they need your $750? They have to price it at a point where the Vitards wont be flooding the truck and arguing with the Team Manager.
Jt$
1/14/2016 7:13pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2016 7:23pm
byke wrote:
Haven't done this, but I can tell you JT is more stuffy than most and won't be "cool" about anything. As in, he won't let you...
Haven't done this, but I can tell you JT is more stuffy than most and won't be "cool" about anything. As in, he won't let you peek in the suspension/motor cabinet, he won't talk about anything interesting, etc. He's extremely proper and corporate. However, he will be happy to tell you the dramatic story of how they purchased their second hand semi (no, it's not actually dramatic, but it's the only thing he'll talk about). I wouldn't spend the money for the BTO gig, but probably with another team. PC in particular are very cool. If you ever have a chance to mingle with those guys, you won't be disappointed.
Alrighty. By the way, ask one of the VIP people who HAVE been a part of it if they got to see factory engines. Bet you get a different answer. VIP's get to see all of that stuff.

I'm sorry I'm not "cool" enough for you, I really try to give everyone the best possible experience I can. My biggest point of confusion is how you would know any of this after reading your first three words??
Jt$
1/14/2016 7:23pm
For everyone else, I realize the program isn't for everyone. It is expensive, sure, and we realize that but travel costs and our passes and the memorabilia we give in our souvenir bags all add up.

We do feel that we offer an experience that is unique in the sport, though. I try to lend insight after so many years of racing and being around the sport in different facets. In no other sport can you get as close to the athletes as ours, and we try to take that to the next level. I take a lot of pride in both the team and the program and try to reflect that in what we deliver.
1/14/2016 7:26pm
byke wrote:
Haven't done this, but I can tell you JT is more stuffy than most and won't be "cool" about anything. As in, he won't let you...
Jt$ wrote:
Alrighty. By the way, ask one of the VIP people who HAVE been a part of it if they got to see factory engines. Bet you...
Alrighty. By the way, ask one of the VIP people who HAVE been a part of it if they got to see factory engines. Bet you get a different answer. VIP's get to see all of that stuff.

I'm sorry I'm not "cool" enough for you, I really try to give everyone the best possible experience I can. My biggest point of confusion is how you would know any of this after reading your first three words??
Oh I have to purchase this package now after reading that savage response
Jt$
1/14/2016 7:31pm
Oh I have to purchase this package now after reading that savage response
Probably a bit defensive but I am proud of what we do. Character flaw maybe on my part.
Hallzilla
1/14/2016 7:36pm
byke wrote:
I can tell you this. Every year around this time, this board get's infested with flea's and ticks, which means guyB has to invest more roach killer.
byke
1/14/2016 7:37pm
JT, first note that I am a fan of yours, am just trying to be honest with my own experience which was admittedly *not the exact same* thing as the VIP deal, and I also don't want to argue with you. However, I just want to be clear on one thing, do you 100% dispute everything I said?
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
1/14/2016 7:40pm
I did it last year in Dallas and had fun. Track walk was awesome. JT was really nice about answering any questions. I've ridden arenacross tracks but never a full blown Supercross track so it was quite an eye opener being on the track. My wife and I both saw Matthes and said hello briefly on the track which was cool. Sitting up in the press box was unique and it was fun overhearing the banter from Matthes, Weege, Monster Tom (I think) and a few others.

We didn't spend much time at all back at the BTO truck but that was our choice. My wife, dad and I like watching every bit of practice that we can. Another neat thing that I had never done before was going back into the pits after the race. I didn't bug any teams or riders for free stuff but rather went around looking at the bikes post race, seeing what the mechanics were addressing (if anything) and eavesdropping a little on what they were talking about. That is the stuff that interests me.

Overall I enjoyed it and I'd do it again if we didn't have a baby due a couple of weeks after which means there's a strong possibility we won't be able to make it out there at all.
Jt$
1/14/2016 7:47pm
byke wrote:
JT, first note that I am a fan of yours, am just trying to be honest with my own experience which was admittedly *not the exact...
JT, first note that I am a fan of yours, am just trying to be honest with my own experience which was admittedly *not the exact same* thing as the VIP deal, and I also don't want to argue with you. However, I just want to be clear on one thing, do you 100% dispute everything I said?
No, the PC guys are awesome! Totally agree haha.. Kidding. I'm not sure where or when we spent time together but I apologize for however I came off to you that day. I always try to show as much as I'm allowed but on some things like the air shock, I'm simply not allowed to let people take photos or get close. I do have instructions on what I'm allowed to do and not do. I don't own any of that stuff.

The rest is your opinion and you're entitled to it. I may disagree but maybe I was just having a bad day or who knows. I do regret leaving you with that feeling, though. It wasn't intentional.
1/14/2016 7:48pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2016 7:53pm
byke wrote:
Jt$ wrote:
Alrighty. By the way, ask one of the VIP people who HAVE been a part of it if they got to see factory engines. Bet you...

Must have heard it from a friend.who heard it from a friend who .....

Or maybe they did go through the experience and don't want to be figured out, who knows

Don't really know how JT$ would be blamed for all of it, just might be doing what he is told to allow them to do. Maybe there wasn't as much to see at the time, or there were other issues going on which prevented access to some stuff.

Some people probably think that a rather large cost would let them do whatever the !$*&^ they wanted to do while there.

Show them Davey's locker and tell them that's where the magic happens. Wink

Edit - See the above post that came in while I was typing
oshow
1/14/2016 7:49pm
731chopper wrote:
I did it last year in Dallas and had fun. Track walk was awesome. JT was really nice about answering any questions. I've ridden arenacross tracks...
I did it last year in Dallas and had fun. Track walk was awesome. JT was really nice about answering any questions. I've ridden arenacross tracks but never a full blown Supercross track so it was quite an eye opener being on the track. My wife and I both saw Matthes and said hello briefly on the track which was cool. Sitting up in the press box was unique and it was fun overhearing the banter from Matthes, Weege, Monster Tom (I think) and a few others.

We didn't spend much time at all back at the BTO truck but that was our choice. My wife, dad and I like watching every bit of practice that we can. Another neat thing that I had never done before was going back into the pits after the race. I didn't bug any teams or riders for free stuff but rather went around looking at the bikes post race, seeing what the mechanics were addressing (if anything) and eavesdropping a little on what they were talking about. That is the stuff that interests me.

Overall I enjoyed it and I'd do it again if we didn't have a baby due a couple of weeks after which means there's a strong possibility we won't be able to make it out there at all.
I was also with y'all for part of the day and can say I could tell how much you guys were enjoying the experience. And I can also vouch for JT being an excellent host and he can answer most any reasonable question you can ask about the sport.

And they will let you see anything you want to see inside or outside the rig.
1/14/2016 7:51pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2016 7:52pm
byke wrote:
Jt$ wrote:

Must have heard it from a friend.who heard it from a friend who ..... Or maybe they did go through the experience and don't want to...
Must have heard it from a friend.who heard it from a friend who .....

Or maybe they did go through the experience and don't want to be figured out, who knows

Don't really know how JT$ would be blamed for all of it, just might be doing what he is told to allow them to do. Maybe there wasn't as much to see at the time, or there were other issues going on which prevented access to some stuff.

Some people probably think that a rather large cost would let them do whatever the !$*&^ they wanted to do while there.

Show them Davey's locker and tell them that's where the magic happens. Wink

Edit - See the above post that came in while I was typing
Double post
byke
1/14/2016 7:52pm
Cheers, JT. I apologize for not wording things a bit more tastefully.
Gale19XX
1/14/2016 7:56pm
Jt$ wrote:
For everyone else, I realize the program isn't for everyone. It is expensive, sure, and we realize that but travel costs and our passes and the...
For everyone else, I realize the program isn't for everyone. It is expensive, sure, and we realize that but travel costs and our passes and the memorabilia we give in our souvenir bags all add up.

We do feel that we offer an experience that is unique in the sport, though. I try to lend insight after so many years of racing and being around the sport in different facets. In no other sport can you get as close to the athletes as ours, and we try to take that to the next level. I take a lot of pride in both the team and the program and try to reflect that in what we deliver.
Hey JT since you're here, could you mind telling me the differences in the outdoors and supercross package given the price differences.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
1/14/2016 7:58pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2016 8:12pm
Ive done the VIP thing twice with JT$ at the MEC (2013 and 2014). Here is my first hand account of how it goes down.

You arrive at the track like 9-930, call JT on his cell and he immediately meets you at the entrance to the pits. He hands you your credential and you walk in the gate past the 100-300 people standing there peaking thru the fence ooing and aweing over the pits. You walk into the pit (probably stopping and talking to a rider or some other industry person along the way, as JT seems to know everyone). You get to the truck and shoulder past the line of people waiting for autographs. You walk up to Nate and the the guys getting the bikes ready. Some "hellos" or "whats ups" are exchanged with the guys and JT hauls you into the truck to show you your personal locker where you can stash your phone charger, jacket, or whatever. He introduces you to Forrest and the guys who tell you basically "make yourself at home". You grab a bottle of water and its immediately off to track walk. You stroll past all the checkpoints with your credentials feeling like Wayne and Garth at the concert, Everyone sees who you are with and waves you thru. By this point you most likely have picked up Matthes and are listening to him jabber about something. Out on the track you are walking with JT and other riders, listening to "damn dude, you think we can go 3, 3, 4 thru this?" You are sitting here looking at the track going "holy shit" JT is like, "yea thru practice this line will be good, but by the night show the guys will be going inside and rolling the first jump" (which he is usually right). You walk around trying not to act like an idiot while talking with everyone. (JT is probably the most social dude out there so you will be stopping like every 30 seconds to talk to someone).Track walk is done, you try to behave yourself and be quiet during chapel and then its back to the truck. After a few bites to eat and sitting under the awning looking at the now 3 mile long lines waiting for autographs, you realize just how damned awesome this is. Of course you stroll into the truck to "check your phone" but what you are really doing is showing all the schmucks in line just how bad ass you are. Be prepared for Short, Brayton and Maybe Jackie flicking you some shit as being "another JT groupie" but you are just stoked that they are talking to you. After that JT hauls you up into the press box. Up the elevator that is filled with Kdub, Bevo, and some dude called Weigandt. You find your spot and lay your stake to some seats as they may be empty now, but come night show its packed up there with all the whos who's and their wives. Watch some practice, and no doubt Matthes and Pookie walk up and sit next to JT. Of course you tell him "I love your show" and then you feel like a fool for saying that, but Matthes is cool as hell and you will no doubt be shooting the shit before long. After a while you will wander around, Most likely going up and down that elevator a few times (because you can and everyone else cant). Probably head back to the pit to hang out with the guys and listen to them talk shop about the practice and such. (the trucks wreak of race gas and you begin to wonder how the guys dont develop gnarly headaches). Once things start getting ready you will make your way back up to the press box when opening ceremonies start. The place is now packed and you're glad you and JT grabbed spots earlier. You will watch the races and talk with a ton of industry people (as I stated, JT knows EVERYONE) and enjoy the race from a perspective you will never forget, all the while sitting 3 seats down from Kdub or Davey Coombs rather than some drunk 909er with a flat bill. After the race you will go back to the truck (thru special walkways and away from the 50,000 people rushing out) and listen to the riders talk about the race. JT will most likely snag you some signed gear, goggles or something and answer any questions you may have left. After a few minutes of hanging out, you will shake hands with the guys and try and keep out of the way of the crew (who is no doubly feverishly tearing down the canopy) and JT will send you on your way. On the way out you will start to reflect on just how fucking bad ass the night was and you will be thinking about when you will do this again. The BTO VIP experience was everything I thought it would be times 3. You couldn't ask for a better group of guys to hang with ( Davi wasnt there yet when I went so cant speak on him) and JT is a kick ass dude to have show you around the race, the dude know his stuff (and all the people). I will no doubt be doing this again and if anyone has a chance to do it, DO IT!!!! You wont be sorry.

-Nathan
groverninety9
Fantasy
660th
1/14/2016 8:03pm
I've done the BTO dealio 4 years in a row at St. Louis. I recommend it to everybody. Gets better every year. JT is a class act and this is the only way to experience a SX if you can afford it!!!
jwoltz
1/14/2016 8:03pm
BTO rig is always one of the best at the races regardless. Would be a dream honestly for any race fan. JT$ brings a polished flare to that whole program.
Jt$
1/14/2016 8:11pm
The main differences would be our level of access. For Supercross, we have access to the track walk that the riders do, which is a huge benefit and probably the highlight for many. We also have access to the Press Box for the day and night activities. Spending time with Matthes and Weege is fun for everyone and it also offers prime viewing and climate control. Supercross is just a higher end experience on all levels, really. We have more to offer thanks to Feld and their hospitality and product.

Outdoors are great and everyone knows that they are the lifeblood of the sport. It is tougher for me to give that exclusive experience though, with no special seating or unique aspects other than being with and around the team.
MX690
1/14/2016 8:19pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2016 8:24pm
Awesome review heartebreak sounds like a good time, and well worth it.
Mini Elsinore
1/14/2016 8:52pm
byke wrote:
Damn, dude, did you catch JT$ with your old lady?
Gale19XX
1/14/2016 9:04pm
Jt$ wrote:
The main differences would be our level of access. For Supercross, we have access to the track walk that the riders do, which is a huge...
The main differences would be our level of access. For Supercross, we have access to the track walk that the riders do, which is a huge benefit and probably the highlight for many. We also have access to the Press Box for the day and night activities. Spending time with Matthes and Weege is fun for everyone and it also offers prime viewing and climate control. Supercross is just a higher end experience on all levels, really. We have more to offer thanks to Feld and their hospitality and product.

Outdoors are great and everyone knows that they are the lifeblood of the sport. It is tougher for me to give that exclusive experience though, with no special seating or unique aspects other than being with and around the team.
Awesome that is the answer I was expecting or hoping to hear atleast. Most of my excitement comes from watching the mechanics work on a bike from the second it comes off the track for a heat or moto, to the point of getting it ready to go out again. Sounds like the outdoor package might be a better suit for me. Thanks for the reply! Seem pretty "cool" to me!
jaredkeller96
1/14/2016 9:56pm
Xeno wrote:
Just start a website and talk crap about a race team, then said team will invite you into their pit and give you a personal tour...
Just start a website and talk crap about a race team, then said team will invite you into their pit and give you a personal tour.

Worked for Brotocross.
do you realize what eli does? if you didn't know already he is a huge writer for red bull media house...and he's quite fast on a dirtbike..
ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/14/2016 10:02pm
do you realize what eli does? if you didn't know already he is a huge writer for red bull media house...and he's quite fast on a...
do you realize what eli does? if you didn't know already he is a huge writer for red bull media house...and he's quite fast on a dirtbike..
Before that though... LaughingLaughingTongue
Skuzzy29
1/14/2016 10:27pm
byke wrote:
JT, first note that I am a fan of yours, am just trying to be honest with my own experience which was admittedly *not the exact...
He doesn't have to...I dispute everything you said!

Post a reply to: KTM BTOSPORTS VIP Fan Experience?

The Latest