Minis

drt410
Is kawi ever updating the 65? The 85 was refreshed a few years ago but any news there either? What changes are coming to the new yz85? Finally whats up with Honda are they ever going to update the 150? Seems everyone but ktm and then yamaha with the new 65 doesnt care anymore. They could pretty easily do a massive turn around they have the best looking bikes, they handle great, just need e-start and a diet and boom back in action. Not even a huge diet the Hondas are heavy and people love em.

They should be looking at the minis to make up for some lost sales on the big bikes though. Plus yamaha/ktm have it right where you can keep a kid on your brand through his whole progression. That equals sales now on little bikes and sales later when they buy your big bike. Each kid you capture on minis is less people you have to steal or win over later. Im curious why more brands are letting these bikes rot away. Suzuki imo should really be the ones attacking here to make up sales.
|
4csHATER
1/26/2019 7:10am
the problem with the japanese brands are the metals, the metals are trash and wear quicker than ktm or husqvarna (german,austrian steel, aluminum with less filler content, the metals dont expand as easy wear as fast on those bikes, ktm took a hard hit in the begining because of there quality and now its showing in the end that the quality out performed the quantity. i work for. a japanese mfg for automotive, im not going to say which one, but they want it done as fast as possible no matter what it takes instead of worrying about quality they are worried about mass production (quantity) they come off like they are worried about quality but they arent they are just worried about quantity, so expecting changes to the minis from a jap mfg is about as hopeless as it could be.
mikec265
1/26/2019 8:28am
The KX65 is great for kids who don't have rich parents. Just picked one up for $500. It needs a water pump kit for $25 and a chain and sprocket kit. Tons of parts available. We looked at the other bikes and they're definitely bad ass. I'm not buying a KTM because my local dealer sucks. We'll go Yamaha in 2 years if he wants to race and proves that the KX is holding him back. The KX does have a one up on the others with a linkage suspension. You can drop the rear 3 inches to help skip the fast 50 stage.
4csHATER
1/26/2019 9:31am
The kx 65 is a great bike, im not sure if the bike will ever be super competitive again but its a great bike, dont doubt it cause kids can rip it.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
1/26/2019 11:07am
4csHATER wrote:
the problem with the japanese brands are the metals, the metals are trash and wear quicker than ktm or husqvarna (german,austrian steel, aluminum with less filler...
the problem with the japanese brands are the metals, the metals are trash and wear quicker than ktm or husqvarna (german,austrian steel, aluminum with less filler content, the metals dont expand as easy wear as fast on those bikes, ktm took a hard hit in the begining because of there quality and now its showing in the end that the quality out performed the quantity. i work for. a japanese mfg for automotive, im not going to say which one, but they want it done as fast as possible no matter what it takes instead of worrying about quality they are worried about mass production (quantity) they come off like they are worried about quality but they arent they are just worried about quantity, so expecting changes to the minis from a jap mfg is about as hopeless as it could be.
Would you buy the brand of Vehicle that you make?

The Shop

4csHATER
1/26/2019 11:36am
Tarz483 wrote:
Would you buy the brand of Vehicle that you make?
See your questioning someone that knows the difference! also at the moment i dont need any new vehicles however i have worked on many, and beleive it or not i really wouldnt buy any vehicle except a mercedes sprinter van, i personally want nothing else, my 2006 mercedes sprinter is by far the most best vehicle ever produced to me, i really like mercedes, i dont really like the japanese vehicles, but if i had to i guess i would buy one but the vehicles they are producing vs the price people are paying for them upsets me, but oh well, would i ever purchase one if i had to yes but if not probably not, but they do offer us deals , so thats tough too.
drt410
1/26/2019 5:05pm
The Japanese industry has shown they can do both. They have close tolerances and years of experience and it shows they make a reliable product.
4csHATER
1/26/2019 5:40pm
drt410 wrote:
The Japanese industry has shown they can do both. They have close tolerances and years of experience and it shows they make a reliable product.
They make a reliable product for the GENERAL public but for a all time elite racer or family that is soley interested on performance your money ahead to buy ktm/husqvarna.
pitbike502
1/26/2019 7:49pm
4csHATER wrote:
They make a reliable product for the GENERAL public but for a all time elite racer or family that is soley interested on performance your money...
They make a reliable product for the GENERAL public but for a all time elite racer or family that is soley interested on performance your money ahead to buy ktm/husqvarna.
I dont believe any bike is ready for an elite racer right out of the box. They are made for weekend warriors.

The kx65 is a perfect bike for who it is aimed for. Doesnt cost a ton, and I'd bet they outsell ktms nearly 2 to 1.
4csHATER
1/26/2019 7:51pm
if you read my post i praised kawi earlier

Post a reply to: Minis

The Latest