Most wrecks and crashes in one race?

yz133rider
Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 3:08pm
Safe to say the jump fest atlanta track was particularly dangerous. Lets hear all the "jumps dont cause wrecks or injuries defenders" argue this one.

Stop making it suicidecross or circuscross and give the riders some time on the ground to make up time and make passes.

Or fill it with as many jumps as possible and see how many riders you can injure per weekened.

Also that wide corner after the finish offered so many passes and repasses time after time. Guess what wasn't there? Jumps. Guess what else wasnt there? Carnage and injuries Like the rest of the track
|
kkawboy14
3/3/2018 10:08pm
Whew that was tough.

If somebody is playing fantasy sx, never pick Tomac for the win on a track that has a bunch of short sections. He rolls on the long straights and less turn tracks.
akillerwombat
3/3/2018 10:50pm
Was painful to watch.

There was one shot in particular of a rider picking up his bike after a crash with another rider limping off the track in the background.

Pretty ridiculous.

The Shop

yz133rider
3/3/2018 10:53pm
Was painful to watch. There was one shot in particular of a rider picking up his bike after a crash with another rider limping off the...
Was painful to watch.

There was one shot in particular of a rider picking up his bike after a crash with another rider limping off the track in the background.

Pretty ridiculous.
Yes and there was another rider who crashed over the peick triple who we never even saw how he crashed. Possibly exactly the same as the others.
akillerwombat
3/3/2018 10:57pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 10:59pm
yz133rider wrote:
Yes and there was another rider who crashed over the peick triple who we never even saw how he crashed. Possibly exactly the same as the...
Yes and there was another rider who crashed over the peick triple who we never even saw how he crashed. Possibly exactly the same as the others.
Man, the amount of crashes... and how brutal they were... bummed me out.

It's a bad format and for the second time (first being the first triple crown) I had a hard time enjoying watching the races. Felt like we were voluntarily putting our riders in harms way, far more often then before, for the sake of a brief rush.
yz133rider
3/3/2018 10:58pm
yz133rider wrote:
Yes and there was another rider who crashed over the peick triple who we never even saw how he crashed. Possibly exactly the same as the...
Man, the amount of crashes... and how brutal they were... bummed me out. It's a bad format and for the second time (first being the first...
Man, the amount of crashes... and how brutal they were... bummed me out.

It's a bad format and for the second time (first being the first triple crown) I had a hard time enjoying watching the races. Felt like we were voluntarily putting our riders in harms way, far more often then before, for the sake of a brief rush.
Format wasnt the issue. Track was.
yz133rider
3/3/2018 11:01pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 11:02pm
Ferrandis is lucky to be walking after his crash how he bent backwards so far looked super scary.

And before the hardasses come at me saying dirtbikes are dangerous Thats life... Yes i understand dirtbikes are dangerous but there has ti be a better balance and approach to the tracks than is being implemented currently.
akillerwombat
3/3/2018 11:03pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 11:04pm
yz133rider wrote:
Format wasnt the issue. Track was.
Agree to disagree, but for what it's worth, I like the heats because it lets the riders ease into the night show and work through some of those first race of the night jitters.

This format makes everyone charge it at 100% for "3 hours" and that is a recipe for more accidents.

mxjon454
3/3/2018 11:12pm
yz133rider wrote:
Ferrandis is lucky to be walking after his crash how he bent backwards so far looked super scary. And before the hardasses come at me saying...
Ferrandis is lucky to be walking after his crash how he bent backwards so far looked super scary.

And before the hardasses come at me saying dirtbikes are dangerous Thats life... Yes i understand dirtbikes are dangerous but there has ti be a better balance and approach to the tracks than is being implemented currently.
Yaa lucky to be walking away but according to his agent Jimmy Button he broke a arm and really messed up his jaw and some teeth. Button commented that on someones Instagram post a little bit ago.
Ti
3/3/2018 11:19pm
Looked the same as every Supercross I have ever been to...

I did not notice any more crashes than usual.

Track crew did a GREAT job on the track between races.

Grabbed a softball sized chunk of red Georgia clay from the whoops after the race!!

Asimo
3/4/2018 12:59am
Seemed so. Lots of triple crashes and whoops.
redrider400
3/4/2018 2:11am
I loved the track as a spectator, but fuck having to ride it. I remember telling my wife tonight that I usual think I could do almost every jump if not all of them when I was at my best growing up on most of the Supercross tracks, But tonight, that track was so damn sketchy.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
3/4/2018 3:25am
yz133rider wrote:
Ferrandis is lucky to be walking after his crash how he bent backwards so far looked super scary. And before the hardasses come at me saying...

mxjon454 wrote:
Yaa lucky to be walking away but according to his agent Jimmy Button he broke a arm and really messed up his jaw and some teeth...
Yaa lucky to be walking away but according to his agent Jimmy Button he broke a arm and really messed up his jaw and some teeth. Button commented that on someones Instagram post a little bit ago.
DAMN IT please not
Please be fit for outdoors
TeamGreen
3/4/2018 4:11am
There’s gonna be a TT race at Daytona. It will be “safer”. Go check it out.
yz133rider
3/4/2018 5:37am
Ti wrote:
Looked the same as every Supercross I have ever been to... I did not notice any more crashes than usual. Track crew did a GREAT job...
Looked the same as every Supercross I have ever been to...

I did not notice any more crashes than usual.

Track crew did a GREAT job on the track between races.

Grabbed a softball sized chunk of red Georgia clay from the whoops after the race!!

Lol yeah very much disagree.
jk367
3/4/2018 5:42am
Did Macadoo crash the same as Pieck off the triple? Any word on how his health is?
yz133rider
3/4/2018 5:47am
jk367 wrote:
Did Macadoo crash the same as Pieck off the triple? Any word on how his health is?
Thats who it was they never even showed it. So much carnage couldnt even keep up
BobbyM
3/4/2018 5:52am
Supercross, motorcycles form of Russian roulette. Crazy.
yz133rider
3/4/2018 5:56am
BobbyM wrote:
Supercross, motorcycles form of Russian roulette. Crazy.
Is that what we want and what we support?
3/4/2018 5:58am
jk367 wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
Thats who it was they never even showed it. So much carnage couldnt even keep up
Guys we’re drifting left to right off of that jump and from where I was sitting, Mcadoo was to the right and another rider drifted over and they hit right before both of them landed. Mcadoo got the worst of it but it wasn’t a yard sale like the others off of that jump.
aees
3/4/2018 6:06am
Why, WHY did they not remove the tuff block on left side going up the triple?!
kkawboy14
3/4/2018 6:11am
aees wrote:
Tuff blocks mark the sides of the track, if a guy doesn’t want to catch one quit pushing the edge of the track, those riders could have went straight up the middle of the track or singled each one of those jumps.
yz133rider
3/4/2018 6:14am
aees wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
Tuff blocks mark the sides of the track, if a guy doesn’t want to catch one quit pushing the edge of the track, those riders could...
Tuff blocks mark the sides of the track, if a guy doesn’t want to catch one quit pushing the edge of the track, those riders could have went straight up the middle of the track or singled each one of those jumps.
Except the track was all jumps so they needed every tenth to be competitive which means using the edges and drifting on the jumps to make the corners. Nothing else to make time up on because Thats all there was.
3/4/2018 6:45am
jk367 wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
How about the first 450 main where a quarter of the field crashed in the first rhythm section and there was absolutely zero word about it on the broadcast.
Jmicmoto13
3/4/2018 6:50am
When Peick wrecks multiple times in a race, that tells me something.
hillbilly
3/4/2018 6:53am
They have the handlebars in their hands. Why not pull off or not do the jump or not race if its to dangerous?

They could build a flat track and there would still be ways to get hurt.

Safe and motorcycle racing are two different things.
yz133rider
3/4/2018 6:55am
hillbilly wrote:
They have the handlebars in their hands. Why not pull off or not do the jump or not race if its to dangerous? They could build...
They have the handlebars in their hands. Why not pull off or not do the jump or not race if its to dangerous?

They could build a flat track and there would still be ways to get hurt.

Safe and motorcycle racing are two different things.
See exactly the responses i expect and offer no help.
DonM
3/4/2018 6:58am
yz133rider wrote:
Safe to say the jump fest atlanta track was particularly dangerous. Lets hear all the "jumps dont cause wrecks or injuries defenders" argue this one. Stop...
Safe to say the jump fest atlanta track was particularly dangerous. Lets hear all the "jumps dont cause wrecks or injuries defenders" argue this one.

Stop making it suicidecross or circuscross and give the riders some time on the ground to make up time and make passes.

Or fill it with as many jumps as possible and see how many riders you can injure per weekened.

Also that wide corner after the finish offered so many passes and repasses time after time. Guess what wasn't there? Jumps. Guess what else wasnt there? Carnage and injuries Like the rest of the track
Flat Track racing is becoming more popular...maybe you should watch that...
yz133rider
3/4/2018 7:00am
yz133rider wrote:
Safe to say the jump fest atlanta track was particularly dangerous. Lets hear all the "jumps dont cause wrecks or injuries defenders" argue this one. Stop...

DonM wrote:
Flat Track racing is becoming more popular...maybe you should watch that...
Lol once again what i expected and zero value to the discussion.

Post a reply to: Most wrecks and crashes in one race?

The Latest