Pit Bits from the MXGP of Netherlands

ML512
Fantasy
54th
Edited Date/Time 9/12/2017 1:43pm
Jeffro/Bulmer killed it this weekend, she's 50 photos deep and has a good mix of racing and tech...including lots of shots on the new Honda CRF250RW and we even snag a small comparison of Suzuki World MX2's bikes.

http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/member/Vital-MX-Pit-Bits-2017-MXGP-of-the…

|
ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/12/2017 8:19am
Motofinne wrote:
Those ruts.....
...made me wet myself...

Those guys are nuts...
MelonFan123
9/12/2017 8:37am
Just curious, are you guys going back to the scroll-down format for Pit Bits, or staying with the click through slideshow? I liked that one page scroll down layout

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/12/2017 8:48am
Just curious, are you guys going back to the scroll-down format for Pit Bits, or staying with the click through slideshow? I liked that one page...
Just curious, are you guys going back to the scroll-down format for Pit Bits, or staying with the click through slideshow? I liked that one page scroll down layout
I'll give you the super straight answer on why we have two formats, cause I know it seems weird.

One page scrolldown is how we're doing the US version of Pit Bits as we're more hands on with that one (GuyB does 95% of those). He has all the materials and the photos to do the build, does it himself. Or if I'm doing it that weekend, like the first rounds of the year when I'm on hand, I'll build it.

GP Pit Bits comes from our contributor flying around the world, David Bulmer, he shoots the racing action and I give him a list of stuff to shoot on bikes or things I'd like him look for/confirm for me. He uploads everything to a gallery on our website and writes the race captions, then I take a pass on the gallery, move things around a bit, and write the tech photo captions. Make a homepage graphic, finish the gallery and get things published. If we switched the GP Pit Bits to a single page format like the US one, it would make things more difficult in having two people building, the way the uploads work, etc. For now, to keep things speedier, I'm sticking with a gallery. Things might change, but for my sake I'm hoping not. Laughing
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2058th
9/12/2017 9:24am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2017 9:24am
If you are giving him a list to shoot include the EMX 125 and 300 bikes whenever possible please. Those are some trick machines.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/12/2017 9:56am
If you are giving him a list to shoot include the EMX 125 and 300 bikes whenever possible please. Those are some trick machines.
We've done it a bit as some rounds, but there just isn't as many goodies to shoot over there so we haven't included them too much.
Motofinne
9/12/2017 9:59am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2017 10:10am
Motofinne wrote:
Those ruts.....
ML512 wrote:
...made me wet myself...

Those guys are nuts...
Have you ever thought about coming over to Europe and ride a few of the known tracks and do a story about it?

Lommel, Honda Park, Red Sand MX etc.

I know it would be time consuming and expensive but it would be very interesting!
ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/12/2017 10:49am
Motofinne wrote:
Have you ever thought about coming over to Europe and ride a few of the known tracks and do a story about it? Lommel, Honda Park...
Have you ever thought about coming over to Europe and ride a few of the known tracks and do a story about it?

I know it would be time consuming and expensive but it would be very interesting!
Trust me, I want to make it happen...I LOVE SAND TRACKS. Maybe I can put something together next year or the year after. If I get lucky, there might be a reason for me to be in the area for all I know and if I am, I'm so hitting up a team fora bike to test.
steed 2.0
9/12/2017 11:13am
ML512 wrote:
Trust me, I want to make it happen...I LOVE SAND TRACKS. Maybe I can put something together next year or the year after. If I get...
Trust me, I want to make it happen...I LOVE SAND TRACKS. Maybe I can put something together next year or the year after. If I get lucky, there might be a reason for me to be in the area for all I know and if I am, I'm so hitting up a team fora bike to test.
Tip: Zwarte Cross + Lommel MXGP
Motofinne
9/12/2017 1:43pm
Motofinne wrote:
Have you ever thought about coming over to Europe and ride a few of the known tracks and do a story about it? Lommel, Honda Park...

ML512 wrote:
Trust me, I want to make it happen...I LOVE SAND TRACKS. Maybe I can put something together next year or the year after. If I get...
Well lets hope that something clicks and you guys make it happen!

Post a reply to: Pit Bits from the MXGP of Netherlands

The Latest