Questions On Moto Protective Gear!

Chmewy
So I have been looking to get a dirt bike but I was going to get the protective gear as well. So I was looking around and I dont know if it was just a thing that this website did but they had the normal gear but had a close out version. I looked at the two and they did look a little different but when I looked it up, I didnt find anything about it. Maybe I was just looking up the wrong thing but who knows. Anyways, could someone tell me the difference and which one is better. Next im just starting out so I am getting just the basic stuff including, boots, helmet, knee brace, gloves, and goggles but should I also get the body protection thing that goes under your shirt, neck brace, supports, kidney belts, and the jersey/pants or should I wait out on that stuff? Finally if you could list some good brands and websites I can buy them from.
|
Wade221
8/28/2018 8:28am
Get the kidney belt! Everything else is frivolous
OtotheB178
8/28/2018 8:35am
decent helmet, decent boots, cheap body armour, cheap knee pads/braces and cheap clothing is the bare minimum in my opinion.

Kidney belts are a little out of fashion and no longer worn, but i used to wear one and if you want one go for it.

If you have the money then get decent helmet, boots and Knee braces as they're the ones you'll be grateful for the majority of the time.

Fly F2 helmet is a good combo of value and quality, Alpinestars/fox/TCX make good quality boots at varying price points. even the new fly boots look quite good.
Hope that helps.

The Shop

MPJC
Fantasy
592nd
8/28/2018 9:13am
I'd start with a good helmet, preferably one with MIPS. You can get a reasonably priced helmet with MIPS from Bell (mx-9) or Fly. As far as boots, I have the Forma Terrain MX, which have a hinged ankle for a reasonable price - probably the best value out there, in my opinion. I had Fox Comp 5 and found that they offered very minimal protection. I'd focus on helmet and boots, and then whatever you can get a good deal on for the rest.
8/28/2018 9:27am
Closeout gear is just gear that is a year or two old so its on sale
loftyair
8/28/2018 9:32am
Feel and fit while riding is first. Helmet, goggles, gloves, boots, and knee pads is the minimum to start. Then you can add stuff as you like.
Chmewy
8/28/2018 12:13pm
OtotheB178 wrote:
decent helmet, decent boots, cheap body armour, cheap knee pads/braces and cheap clothing is the bare minimum in my opinion. Kidney belts are a little out...
decent helmet, decent boots, cheap body armour, cheap knee pads/braces and cheap clothing is the bare minimum in my opinion.

Kidney belts are a little out of fashion and no longer worn, but i used to wear one and if you want one go for it.

If you have the money then get decent helmet, boots and Knee braces as they're the ones you'll be grateful for the majority of the time.

Fly F2 helmet is a good combo of value and quality, Alpinestars/fox/TCX make good quality boots at varying price points. even the new fly boots look quite good.
Hope that helps.
Getting a good pair isn’t a issue, I’m a safe person if you want to call me that so I will spend the extra money for better protection, just wanted to know what was needed and what was extra, thank you
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/28/2018 12:51pm
OtotheB178 wrote:
decent helmet, decent boots, cheap body armour, cheap knee pads/braces and cheap clothing is the bare minimum in my opinion. Kidney belts are a little out...

Hope that helps.
Chmewy wrote:
Getting a good pair isn’t a issue, I’m a safe person if you want to call me that so I will spend the extra money for...
Getting a good pair isn’t a issue, I’m a safe person if you want to call me that so I will spend the extra money for better protection, just wanted to know what was needed and what was extra, thank you
Most important stuff is for sure helmet, boots, goggles, gloves, knee pads, jersey and pants. I really recommend a kevco stubbs kidney belt.

Post a reply to: Questions On Moto Protective Gear!

The Latest