Since it needs no further introduction, I give you the MPS masterpiece:

yota
1/2/2013 3:11pm
You can't use the stock "Y" on the CR125 frame, too tight a fit.

scooter5002
1/2/2013 3:34pm
Now THAT'S some nice workmanship right there. (sighs wistfully)
scooter5002
1/2/2013 5:10pm
So no response from Monsieur klein, no Whore-Gay, no MPS Daddy, not even a peep from Whore-Gays law firm Dewey Cheetum and Howe. Nothin'. How disappointing. (I think I may have seen Whore-Gay skulking out the back door of the Dumbgeon) Although...................perhaps Monsieur klein is home disassembling his MPS YZ500AF as we speak, to post up pics of his bike. We wait....................................anxiously. EvilLaughing
bigborefan
1/2/2013 5:18pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2013 5:19pm
Well, this thread has taught me a few things.

1) That #15 is big time SEXY. Who owns it, dogger or scooter? And where did you score that clutch cover?

2) I need me an AF-500

3) Paul Stoffer is the man.

4) Scooter is one pissed off Canadian...loL!

The Shop

scooter5002
1/2/2013 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2013 5:29pm
1. The 15 in my av is dogger315s bike, courtesy TerryK. Don't know.

2. Yes you do.

3. Right again.

4. Not at all, but I want the lousy workmanship and taking peoples money for same to stop. No ethics WHATSOEVER.
Never confuse anger with dogged determination to see the wrong avenged. It's all about "the little man" in this thread.
scooter5002
1/2/2013 5:51pm
You disappoint, sir. I swore you had a dog in this fight, I'd thought at least you would climb into the sandbox and fire a marble at me. Lol. Honestly, I hope that bike never comes back to bite you in the ass, you are a buyer, the same as me. May it never come back to haunt you, other than in poor quality.
TerryK
1/3/2013 12:28am
CamP wrote:
My shimmed forks still haven't slipped or broken off, lol.
Ha! Touche' mutherfucker! TongueWink

Glad to see you haven't been killed in a horrendous fork-slipping crash!
TerryK
1/3/2013 12:50am
Question Scooter: who sells a kit for a KX500 AF conversion like the nice Honda ones I've seen?
scooter5002
1/3/2013 4:08am Edited Date/Time 1/3/2013 4:11am
Terry, do you EVER sleep? Lol. KXRiders.com. Fellow in there calls his biz JFab, thought he had a sticky, but can't find it now. There's a thread there, but I wouldn't be too concerned. This is what happens when you use a shit MPS headstay design. Man, that guys work is LEGENDARY. Lol. Other things I read say the guys work is top notch.
http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,10642.0.html
HenryA
1/3/2013 4:18am Edited Date/Time 1/3/2013 4:19am
Can't belive that someone actually was charging you money for doing such a lousy job. That guy should start flipping burgers instead of welding frames. Unbelievable.
scooter5002
1/3/2013 4:29am
Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't even eat anything he cooked. Laughing
jtomasik
1/3/2013 5:08am
nope, I think I will opt out and let you have your stage.
I'd like you to tell me straight up that was quality work on the frame. You're defending the guy, and the writer of this thread posted pics of the product he received. Go ahead and tell me what we see is quality work.
scooter5002
1/3/2013 5:20am
Lol. Funny how his 2 supporters and the perpetrator of this crime really haven't been able to come with much, eh jtom? Fanelli wouldn't even come out of the Dumbgeon and face the music. Too much of a coward. Bet he's still lining up victims and taking their money, though. Without any thoughts of an improvement in quality.
1/3/2013 5:50am
TerryK wrote:
Question Scooter: who sells a kit for a KX500 AF conversion like the nice Honda ones I've seen?
You are going to find that it is hard to find "kits" in the frame conversion community anymore. Most want you to send them a frame, so they can send it back to you. I know Paul Stoffer will send you they cradle and mount tabs on the Honda side though.
scooter5002
1/3/2013 5:53am
I'm somewhat interested in your 250 chassis, depending on price. How much you looking for and is it complete, less motor?
1/3/2013 5:59am
I'm somewhat interested in your 250 chassis, depending on price. How much you looking for and is it complete, less motor?
We are far apart. But it is 100% complete, minus the motor. HEll, I have the carb, you can have that, sell it on ebay and recoop some of the cost. I'm only looking for 500 bucks for it all. it was a running crf250r that i just pulled the motor out, and sold on ebay.
scooter5002
1/3/2013 6:14am
CRF Shit. Thought it was a 2-stroke. Good price though. Where are you? Not in the US? I know you list as ZWE, but thought you were in US.
1/3/2013 6:22am
CRF Shit. Thought it was a 2-stroke. Good price though. Where are you? Not in the US? I know you list as ZWE, but thought you...
CRF Shit. Thought it was a 2-stroke. Good price though. Where are you? Not in the US? I know you list as ZWE, but thought you were in US.
I am. Near D.C.

I have a minty CR250 I am doing an RC 2003MXdN rep on, but i'll be cold and dead before i get rid of that. Smartcarb, the whole shit-n-shabang.
scooter5002
1/3/2013 6:32am
Nice. Ya, too bad its an F-bomb. If it was a 250-2, I'd pounce on it like Oprah on a Mile High Mud Pie at Dennys. The whole pie, not just a slice. Post it up on Banned ,man. At that price, I'd bet it will move. That's a smokin' deal.
1/3/2013 6:47am
I'd trade the chassis for an 00-01 motor.
TerryK
1/3/2013 7:31am
Terry, do you EVER sleep? Lol. KXRiders.com. Fellow in there calls his biz JFab, thought he had a sticky, but can't find it now. There's a...
Terry, do you EVER sleep? Lol. KXRiders.com. Fellow in there calls his biz JFab, thought he had a sticky, but can't find it now. There's a thread there, but I wouldn't be too concerned. This is what happens when you use a shit MPS headstay design. Man, that guys work is LEGENDARY. Lol. Other things I read say the guys work is top notch.
Kind of off topic a bit here, but the head stay in that thread is so wrong it's ridiculous and laughable! Anyone with even one iota of mechanical common sense would know that using a head stay design that allows the engine to "pivot" on the swing arm mount is 100% guaranteed to lead to a frame failure.

THIS guy has the right idea.

jtomasik
1/3/2013 7:32am
CRF Shit. Thought it was a 2-stroke. Good price though. Where are you? Not in the US? I know you list as ZWE, but thought you...
Chief, you're gonna kick yourself in the nuts again. Here's a suggestion: sell what ya' have now, save a tiny bit, then shop for a used '06 or later CR500AF. Buy it at a great price, then have fun learning how to ride one of the most versatile, funnest bikes out there.
1/3/2013 7:35am
Terry, do you EVER sleep? Lol. KXRiders.com. Fellow in there calls his biz JFab, thought he had a sticky, but can't find it now. There's a...
TerryK wrote:
Kind of off topic a bit here, but the head stay in that thread is so wrong it's ridiculous and laughable! Anyone with even one iota...
Kind of off topic a bit here, but the head stay in that thread is so wrong it's ridiculous and laughable! Anyone with even one iota of mechanical common sense would know that using a head stay design that allows the engine to "pivot" on the swing arm mount is 100% guaranteed to lead to a frame failure.

THIS guy has the right idea.

The only problem with that theory is that the 02-07 Cr frame and the 09-12 CRF frame are completely 100% different when it comes to mounting the cylinder.

But still, Fanelli's mount job is laughable.

I didnt mention it earlier, but the head mount on Fanelli's personal bike isnt even round. its a piece of square aluminum he must have got from home depot. im not even kidding. i was nearly in tears laughing at that bike with my friends at that race.
scooter5002
1/3/2013 8:00am
jtomasik wrote:
Chief, you're gonna kick yourself in the nuts again. Here's a suggestion: sell what ya' have now, save a tiny bit, then shop for a used...
Chief, you're gonna kick yourself in the nuts again. Here's a suggestion: sell what ya' have now, save a tiny bit, then shop for a used '06 or later CR500AF. Buy it at a great price, then have fun learning how to ride one of the most versatile, funnest bikes out there.
Lol. Not twice, man. Send it off to a pro. Say, to PAUL STOFFERS, for example. Spoke to him right before Xmas. WinkCool

I don't know that I could, or would WANT to sell that thing, but IF I did, it would be advertised for what it is. A complete hackjob, and priced accordingly. On the upside , all the parts from my 04 450 would transfer over to the same gen 2 stroke, just buy a frame, subframe and airbox off E-Bay. Get some aftermarket triple clamps and I'm in business. Saw a frame for $200. CamP thinks it's maybe not the best idea, but I am thinking of going back to my steel frame. I find that the 450 frame is too skinny and small for me. Hard to hang on to. Might try a Guts tall seat, but not sure that'll solve the whole problem. Might just ride it for 13 as is. In "deciding" mode now.
1/3/2013 8:04am
You'd ride it?

If George Fanelli made an airplane would you fly in it?
rallendude
1/3/2013 8:04am
A note to all you guys looking for conversions. Take the advise given above. If you want a 500 aluminum frame, sell what you have, save your money and buy a Service Honda. Seriously, if you add up all the money you have (or can get for selling) in a CR500 engine, a chassis, and all the little bits that have to be modified, plus the labor to do the welding, you'll be able to buy a SH 500.

Welding aluminum is not for the faint of heart. Service Honda bikes have a solid reputation. Like the previous poster said, save up some money and buy you a used SH. Most of them are in pretty good shape, especially the ones for sale. I've pretty much decided I'm going to strip mine down of all the trick stuff and put it on their site for sale in as stock condition as possible.

Everyone wants one but no one wants to spend the money. I've got probably $12,000 worth of bike in the Service Honda world asking $8500 and no serious buyers. So, I'll strip it down and part the rest out. Keep in mind, if you build you a 500 for $5000, you could have had a reputable bike for another $1000. I couldn't justify jumping 120' triples on a bike I didn't have any clue about the frame welds on. Let that sink in a minute. Your life, resting on the quality of fab and welding that someone you don't know performed, and no real history to fall back on.

I've seen a lot of home jobs. Some of them look really nice. But even the best looking home job, I couldn't go out and race with confidence, not knowing about the weld quality.
1/3/2013 8:07am
The thing no one is acknowledging is that Stoffer's bikes, with their complete cradles so not have ANY welds other than where the OEM welds are. That is what sets them apart. Everything else is really just the same, with a hacked/welded cradle, regardless of who did it.
CamP
1/3/2013 8:08am Edited Date/Time 1/3/2013 8:11am
Lol. Not twice, man. Send it off to a pro. Say, to PAUL STOFFERS, for example. Spoke to him right before Xmas. ;) B) I don't...
Lol. Not twice, man. Send it off to a pro. Say, to PAUL STOFFERS, for example. Spoke to him right before Xmas. WinkCool

I don't know that I could, or would WANT to sell that thing, but IF I did, it would be advertised for what it is. A complete hackjob, and priced accordingly. On the upside , all the parts from my 04 450 would transfer over to the same gen 2 stroke, just buy a frame, subframe and airbox off E-Bay. Get some aftermarket triple clamps and I'm in business. Saw a frame for $200. CamP thinks it's maybe not the best idea, but I am thinking of going back to my steel frame. I find that the 450 frame is too skinny and small for me. Hard to hang on to. Might try a Guts tall seat, but not sure that'll solve the whole problem. Might just ride it for 13 as is. In "deciding" mode now.
Scooter, I'm 6'-6" and all legs. I currently have a '95 CR250, '07 CR250 and '08 CRF450. I also had '04 and '06 CRF450's. The largest frame of the bunch was the '04 CRF450 and the '06/'08 CRF450 frame is still much larger than either of the CR250 frames. I think you'll be going backwards with a steel frame if a larger rider cockpit is your goal.

BTW, I have a Guts Racing tall seat for a '04 CRF450 that you can have for free if you want to pay for shipping.

Post a reply to: Since it needs no further introduction, I give you the MPS masterpiece:

The Latest