Spoke with my wallet and spoke some more

hylo
Edited Date/Time 2/2/2019 4:20pm
Hi guys!

Late September I bought a Ktm 350 sxf. Because I work too much I didnt get around to do as I wanted before winter came. Now its full on snowy winter and put some elbowgrease into it to get the bike seriously awesome.

I bought the bike in the crate and assembled it myself. Torqued and lubed everything during assembly and did a few things I always wanted to do.

The bike is pretty much stock, but here is a list with the stuff on it and stuff I did.

- polished top part of radiators, brake and clutch leveres, brake and gear pedals(it looks awesome).
- polished and greased rear and front axle.
- link bearings greased
- Torqued every nut and bolt according to manual
- WP Cone Valve Aer 48
- WP Trax rear shock
- Ktm powerparts skid plate
- x ring chain
- 50t powerparts steel rear sprocket
- Redlabel numbers

I hope you like what you see!

|
2/2/2019 10:09am
I absolutely love picking up a new bike while it's still in the crate! That looks sweet btw! How do you like it? I've been on the fence with a 350sx for years. I think it's the perfect engine size for vets and all types of riding. I've been on a 250f since '08. I am heavy for it but love the flickability...
hylo
2/2/2019 10:25am
I absolutely love picking up a new bike while it's still in the crate! That looks sweet btw! How do you like it? I've been on...
I absolutely love picking up a new bike while it's still in the crate! That looks sweet btw! How do you like it? I've been on the fence with a 350sx for years. I think it's the perfect engine size for vets and all types of riding. I've been on a 250f since '08. I am heavy for it but love the flickability...
I love it! It revs for days! I was a little bit worried Tbg, since I really hate the engine braking og gyro effect of a 4stroke, but as it turns out it isnt as bad as i thought! Very flickable and easy to ride. You really have to use your wrist to make the engine sing though. I removed the inner lip on the airbox cover to get more airflow. The stock suspension is good, but harsh in mid stroke. Stock shock was really good!

The cone valve and trax rear shock calms things down and makes for a smoother ride. Much more settled and calm. Excellent bottoming resistance. Smile

The Shop

reded
2/2/2019 11:48am
How did you get it in the crate? I thought that was impossible these days due to liability issues.
mxb2
2/2/2019 11:50am
reded wrote:
How did you get it in the crate? I thought that was impossible these days due to liability issues.
Depends on the dealer.
mxb2
2/2/2019 11:51am
Congrats, sick bike
hylo
2/2/2019 12:07pm
reded wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Depends on the dealer.
Oh yes! The only thing the dealer needs to do anyways is enable the ECU. It is disabled during shipping.

Anyways. Ive been using this dealer for many years and Ive never bought a assembled bike. He knows that i have some knowledge about bikes so hes cool with it.
mxb2
2/2/2019 12:09pm
reded wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Depends on the dealer.
hylo wrote:
Oh yes! The only thing the dealer needs to do anyways is enable the ECU. It is disabled during shipping. Anyways. Ive been using this dealer...
Oh yes! The only thing the dealer needs to do anyways is enable the ECU. It is disabled during shipping.

Anyways. Ive been using this dealer for many years and Ive never bought a assembled bike. He knows that i have some knowledge about bikes so hes cool with it.
X2 all about trust and dealer relationship.
plowboy
2/2/2019 12:12pm
Jealous. Enjoy that beauty.
APLMAN99
2/2/2019 3:54pm
mxb2 wrote:
Depends on the dealer.
hylo wrote:
Oh yes! The only thing the dealer needs to do anyways is enable the ECU. It is disabled during shipping. Anyways. Ive been using this dealer...

mxb2 wrote:
I think that the trust part would be a little bit strained if you go around and let people know about it. A couple years back there was a pretty in depth conversation on here about KTM not allowing dealers to sell bikes in the crate and nearly cancelling some dealerships over it. We all know that some still do, but in order to keep the "trust" I certainly wouldn't go around telling a lot of people that a dealer sold it to you in the crate.
mxb2
2/2/2019 4:00pm
hylo wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
I think that the trust part would be a little bit strained if you go around and let people know about it. A couple years back...
I think that the trust part would be a little bit strained if you go around and let people know about it. A couple years back there was a pretty in depth conversation on here about KTM not allowing dealers to sell bikes in the crate and nearly cancelling some dealerships over it. We all know that some still do, but in order to keep the "trust" I certainly wouldn't go around telling a lot of people that a dealer sold it to you in the crate.
Trust between buyer and dealer. Dont tell.anyone. The dealer name.
APLMAN99
2/2/2019 4:06pm
mxb2 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
I think that the trust part would be a little bit strained if you go around and let people know about it. A couple years back...
mxb2 wrote:
That's the bare minimum. Personally, I wouldn't tell anyone. There's no benefit to it at all.

For example, how many KTM dealers are there in Norway? 8 or 9? I'd never mention the part about getting it in the crate if my dealer allowed it. Too much risk (for the dealer), zero reward for either party.
mxb2
2/2/2019 4:19pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
That's the bare minimum. Personally, I wouldn't tell anyone. There's no benefit to it at all. For example, how many KTM dealers are there in Norway...
That's the bare minimum. Personally, I wouldn't tell anyone. There's no benefit to it at all.

For example, how many KTM dealers are there in Norway? 8 or 9? I'd never mention the part about getting it in the crate if my dealer allowed it. Too much risk (for the dealer), zero reward for either party.
Exactly. Never ruin a relationship ,with someone that helps you

Post a reply to: Spoke with my wallet and spoke some more

The Latest