btn
btn
1 of 2
Related:
Create New Tag
HusqFan3 HusqFan3
1/4/2020 10:35 PM

Given he’s a below avg starter, and races are roughly 50% longer, it’s expected that Tomac would be more successful outdoors but man, hard to understand how he could be so far off the pace of the front 6 tonight. Not only was he not able to close, they ALL gapped him despite racing in “clean air” the vast majority of the race.

As an ET3 fan i was hoping this was going to be the year he put it all together and finally won the title that’s eluded him. It’s just one race so he obviously still can but didn’t exactly get off to the best start to the season and/or do anything to silence the naysayers tonight...

USA USA
1/4/2020 10:39 PM

Agreed, he looked off the whole night while Adam looked great. Enigma is right. Gonna be tough for anyone to beat Cooper in this championship though, IMO.

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

bents bents
1/4/2020 10:50 PM

Hold the drama kids, its the first round. Wow.

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

eric513anderson eric513anderson
1/4/2020 10:52 PM

16 more to go. Can’t write it off yet because of one so so race

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

Crush Crush
1/4/2020 10:53 PM

I don't understand how you don't understand.

Have you not watched the races Eli hasn't won the last three years. They often play out like this.

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

colvin227 colvin227
1/4/2020 10:54 PM

Yeah very uninspiring for sure. I’m about as huge of a Tomac fan as it gets and it’s so tough to watch those rides. Spending half the moto stuck in one spot behind friese or Hill not making any moves and then getting gapped pretty bad. But then he very well can go out and win next week by 10 sec. Just not good to already be 10 in the hole when all your main competition specially your #2 teammate were far ahead. I’m sure we’ll see the normal Eli we all know, but this is also the Eli we know unfortunately. I just want more than anything for him to finally close this sx championship chapter......time will tell

freebroctickle freebroctickle
1/4/2020 10:56 PM
bents wrote:

Hold the drama kids, its ...more

Hey, it's been months, we're starved for this shit! grin

Seriously though, A1 is always unlucky for Eli. It's traditional by this point!

BT20 👉 02/20/20 👉#TICKLETIMEBITCHES

bents bents
1/4/2020 11:00 PM
bents wrote:

freebroctickle wrote:

Hey, it's been months, ...more

I hear you, but some people think he has forgotten how to race a dirt bike since the monster cup......or who has more sx wins than anyone in the last 3 years or whatever it is-by a long shot. And I'm not even a fan per se! But I do respect the hell out of him? Sure do.

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

xrmark xrmark
1/4/2020 11:00 PM

Jesus Christ. It’s the first round. You guys this dramatic about everything in life??

HusqFan3 HusqFan3
1/4/2020 11:20 PM
eric513anderson wrote:

16 more to go. Can’t write ...more

Did you read the last sentence? Not writing him off by any means...

RandyS RandyS
1/4/2020 11:23 PM

Against my better judgement I put Tomac in 4th on my RMFantasy team. Damn.

HusqFan3 HusqFan3
1/4/2020 11:25 PM
Crush wrote:

I don't understand how you ...more

Recognizing the continued existence of an enigma and understanding the enigma are 2 completely separate things... What vs Why

HusqFan3 HusqFan3
1/4/2020 11:31 PM
xrmark wrote:

Jesus Christ. It’s the ...more

Haha. Funny given your reply is by far the most dramatic in the tread...

Or did i miss where someone stated Eli’s season is over and he should go ahead and throw in the towel now?

ledger ledger
1/4/2020 11:41 PM

If I have learned one thing about A1...it's like a box of chocolate.

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

HusqFan3 HusqFan3
1/4/2020 11:43 PM
bents wrote:

freebroctickle wrote:

Hey, it's been months, ...more

bents wrote:

I hear you, but some ...more

I’d argue no one has forgotten any of those things. If we had we wouldn’t find night’s like tonight so puzzling. Everyone has off nights obviously and even the eventual champ is likely to have one or two. Just hate to see the rider I’m rooting for burn 1 so early in the season making the margin for error the rest of the way that much slimmer...

If anyone wants to read more “drama” into than that then that’s on you guys... haha

HusqFan3 HusqFan3
1/4/2020 11:44 PM
ledger wrote:

If I have learned one ...more

Touché... Touché.

deluxeman deluxeman
1/5/2020 12:00 AM

So Eli is fully fit and qualified 2nd fastest and finishes 7th. Webb, whom everyone has written off as a championship contender this season, is sick and looks like death, qualifies 15th and then goes out and finishes on the box.

Eli could take a few lessons from Webb, Dungey, about how you go about winning a SX title. I just don’t think he gets one in his career. He isn’t consistent enough and isn’t as mentally strong as some of his competitors. Yes he is stupid fast when he is on, but he isn’t always on. And his off nights aren’t like Webb/Dungey off nights where you are still on the box, just not on the top step. Again he may very well be the fastest rider in the paddock, but you have to be there or there abouts 17 times a season. He has shown over the last 3 seasons that he doesn’t do that. Yes it’s A1 and anything can still happen, he may very well prove me wrong.

WCRider WCRider
1/5/2020 12:14 AM
Crush wrote:

He is always very safe at the opener. In 5/6 races we'll see how much fuel still in the tank. Making judgments on the first race is stupid.

deluxeman deluxeman
1/5/2020 12:28 AM
Crush wrote:

WCRider wrote:

He is always very safe at ...more

I will agree with you, but you cannot give up any points in this series. The competition is far to strong, there are no throw away rounds.

Chris99Flannery Chris99Flannery
1/5/2020 12:33 AM

He’s a bad starter and it’s hard to come to the front when the field is this stacked. He needs to get up front fast or he’s not going to win. Same for anyone this season

Stoop Stoop
1/5/2020 12:38 AM

Stick a fork in him

mmcmx mmcmx
1/5/2020 12:44 AM

The other guys are really really good. Yeah that good. There, enigma solved.

ForToo ForToo
1/5/2020 1:17 AM

Reckon he'll start ripping off some victories come round 7.

motonation24 motonation24
1/5/2020 1:41 AM

He was on the tail of the Webb, Roczen, Anderson and Bagget train early on. He should of been able to work his way through- A 4th would of been acceptable.
A bad night needs to be a 4th, not a 7th.
If he’s not comfortable he won’t/can’t push through it. In a 17 race stadium tour there is going to be a tracks where he won’t have the feeling and these 6 guys + others will get the best of him.
Stick a fork in him, he won’t get this title. May as well start getting ready for hangtown and then race MXGP next year.
(I’m an Eli fan)

fullysicmate fullysicmate
1/5/2020 1:46 AM
Stoop wrote:

Stick a fork in him

Sometimes the simplest solution is best. 😂

DrinkMoreWater DrinkMoreWater
1/5/2020 3:03 AM

Eli last 3 SX seasons have gone like this,

He suffers until the title seems out of reach, wins everything when its out of reach but falls short each time, not saying this year will be a repeat but it's already started that way.

ledger ledger
1/5/2020 3:31 AM

Eli looked more comfortable on the 16-18 bike than the 19 and 20...in Supercross.

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

TerryB TerryB
1/5/2020 4:03 AM
HusqFan3 wrote:

Given he’s a below avg ...more

See my Roczen thread. I'm thinking/guessing/hoping these guys are just trying to survive the first race in one piece.

BS12 BS12
1/5/2020 4:05 AM

Wins next week obviously, then everything is OK/normal again and we are left with the same predicament.

Patrick461 Patrick461
1/5/2020 7:01 AM

The big 3 Eli Webb Roczen Will get going while Webb Rips off wins and AC right there. Leave ELi and Roczen fighting for a Podium. Brayton is the real deal on a real bike. Sleepers are Osbourne and Anderson they might get a win but podiums for sure and Bagget isn’t finished yet either. I just want Reed to holeshot a main and style for a half a lap

btn
btn
1 of 2

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry