Which chain and sprockets...

BobPA
5/16/2019 8:52am
I've had about 10 different chains over the years. Rental R1 has worked great. I replace my chain and sprockets every season no matter what. 150...
I've had about 10 different chains over the years. Rental R1 has worked great. I replace my chain and sprockets every season no matter what. 150 bucks for piece of mind is well worth it. Basic renthal rear sprocket and primary drive front this year on the 450. I have about 20 hours ride time in deep sand(just like southwick) and every thing is still perfect. Ive had to adjust the chain twice.
BobPA wrote:
Lucky to get 15 hours out of a Renthal rear on my 450. I swear they are made of butter.
R1? After 15 hours what is wrong with the chain? side to side play?
Always ran DID ERT2's when I had Renthal sprockets (only ever bought 2). The teeth cupped terribly after a short amount of time. Do not know if it was the mud or what, but I vowed to never run them again. Mika or Moose aluminum always worked the best for me...But I am old and fat now, so it is steel all the way.
Czwies20
9/8/2023 11:34am
dean122 wrote:
Mika Metals, best product by far for the price. Upon checkout put OTHG2012 and you'll get 50% off, all year everyday. You're welcome dudes.

Hey I know this feed is a few years old. Code doesn’t work anymore. Do you have a new one? I’m getting ready to order up a new set from MIKA

Hammer 663s
9/8/2023 12:55pm
dean122 wrote:
Mika Metals, best product by far for the price. Upon checkout put OTHG2012 and you'll get 50% off, all year everyday. You're welcome dudes.
Czwies20 wrote:
Hey I know this feed is a few years old. Code doesn’t work anymore. Do you have a new one? I’m getting ready to order up...

Hey I know this feed is a few years old. Code doesn’t work anymore. Do you have a new one? I’m getting ready to order up a new set from MIKA

They killed that code since clowns like Dean shared it on public sites. If you use Hookit you can get a code through applying there. The Temmerman's are great supporters of us nobodies (they've sponsored me and my son for 10 years now) so let's treat them right and do things the right way.

SoCalMX70
9/8/2023 12:57pm
dean122 wrote:
Czwies20 wrote:
Hey I know this feed is a few years old. Code doesn’t work anymore. Do you have a new one? I’m getting ready to order up...

They killed that code since clowns like Dean shared it on public sites. If you use Hookit you can get a code through applying there. The...

They killed that code since clowns like Dean shared it on public sites. If you use Hookit you can get a code through applying there. The Temmerman's are great supporters of us nobodies (they've sponsored me and my son for 10 years now) so let's treat them right and do things the right way.

People email me for the code all the time...

I ask "Are you a member?".

*crickets*

The Shop

CBE
9/8/2023 2:36pm
spimx wrote:
The front sprocket usually is the weak link. Anyone had this experience? You spend a whole lot of money on a fancy rear sprocket and chain...
The front sprocket usually is the weak link. Anyone had this experience?

You spend a whole lot of money on a fancy rear sprocket and chain that's supposedly more durable and then your front sprocket goes out in the same time that it normally does.

Has anyone replaced only one component before? What happened?

On my kx450 I go through two front sprockets to every rear. I have used high quality non oring chains and primary drive x ring. Rears I have PD, renthal, pro-x. Front sunstar, renthal and pro-x. Same wear-front goes before the rear. Then the chain usually needs replaced. I put a fresh set on and then save the half used sprockets for practice bike. Works out okay

Dhallmark
9/8/2023 2:51pm

Hard to beat the value of primary drive with X ring chain.  Last as long as the others, 40 hours on 450 for $120 bucks to your door.

9/8/2023 5:52pm

Most sprockets are made from the same alloy. The secret to sprocket longevity is to replace the chain when it is stretched or loose. A stretched/loose chain will wreak havoc on your sprocket teeth. 
Also one thing I realized is DID NZ chains are just as good as the ERT2, except it’s black instead of gold, and much cheaper. 

sandtrack315
9/8/2023 6:29pm

Renthal, DID ERT3. 20+ years in the sport, that’s been what the factories run, I figure it can’t be that bad. 

Post a reply to: Which chain and sprockets...

The Latest