Why did Muddy Creek or High Point Not Replace Washougal?

Spudinki45
Fantasy
2988th
With, Washougal being cancelled, wouldn't it make more sense for the nationals being held at one of these venues rather than repeating LL, especially Muddy Creek since it's in Tennessee? Is it all because of the ligistics of getting a national planned with one week's notice?
|
ElliotB16
8/15/2020 5:21am
Takes a lot more than a week to get ready for a pro national
CG118
8/15/2020 8:42am
I was just thinking about this. Yes, it probably takes a lot longer to plan for a national than a week or two. But it sure would have been cool to see one at Monster Mountain, or even Gatorback. This would have been a good time to put one at one of those locations, given the smaller crowds, proximity and such. But moving that big-ass dog and pony show can’t be that easy.

Just dreaming.

Glad we’re racing. And it makes sense to keep it at LLs—— like the last SX rounds at the same locale.

Oh, forgot about Silver Dollar, Echeconnee, Millcreek,........
Moto Mofo
8/15/2020 8:52am
I’m amazed some people actually think that a facility could get prepared for an outdoor National with one weeks notice.
bh
8/15/2020 9:09am
Moto Mofo wrote:
I’m amazed some people actually think that a facility could get prepared for an outdoor National with one weeks notice.
I would think high point could pull it off, but there’s no sense in doing that when you’re at a place like ll or any other national track for that matter.

The Shop

tuttle425
8/15/2020 9:32am
Moto Mofo wrote:
bh wrote:
I would think high point could pull it off, but there’s no sense in doing that when you’re at a place like ll or any other...
I would think high point could pull it off, but there’s no sense in doing that when you’re at a place like ll or any other national track for that matter.
I think if High Point was able to hold a race it would have already been on the schedule.

The logistics for these races are crazy even in a normal year. Given what they are dealing with my guess is that MX Sports was the most comfortable with the knowns of Lorettas rather than the unknowns of some of these other locations.
logan_140
8/15/2020 9:53am
Muddy creek wild probably have to have the bomber come in and give the track a nice re do.. have heard that track has gone to shit tbh.
ricko
8/15/2020 10:42am
there is no fun to be had thanks to our governor in pa. but obviously no one can be ready for a national with a weeks notice.
agn5009
8/15/2020 12:25pm
Gov. Wolfe is a tool. He probably wouldn't allow it.
NWmx756
8/15/2020 12:59pm
Didn't DC say High Point was ready to step in if one of the other events (Washougal specifically) cancelled? I recall hearing that on Pulp or something?
olderandYZer
8/15/2020 1:06pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2020 1:07pm
One would think Red Bud could suffer the same dilemma as Washougall
DE262
8/15/2020 9:54pm
NWmx756 wrote:
Didn't DC say High Point was ready to step in if one of the other events (Washougal specifically) cancelled? I recall hearing that on Pulp or...
Didn't DC say High Point was ready to step in if one of the other events (Washougal specifically) cancelled? I recall hearing that on Pulp or something?
Shocker of the year.
thewrizzle
8/15/2020 10:12pm
NWmx756 wrote:
Didn't DC say High Point was ready to step in if one of the other events (Washougal specifically) cancelled? I recall hearing that on Pulp or...
DE262 wrote:
Shocker of the year.
I mean, is there a problem there? It’s clear MX Sports wasn’t biased with the schedule, High Point didn’t make the cut. The simple fact is High Point is a way better track the man Muddy Creek.
DE262
8/15/2020 10:18pm
NWmx756 wrote:
DE262 wrote:
Shocker of the year.
thewrizzle wrote:
I mean, is there a problem there? It’s clear MX Sports wasn’t biased with the schedule, High Point didn’t make the cut. The simple fact is...
I mean, is there a problem there? It’s clear MX Sports wasn’t biased with the schedule, High Point didn’t make the cut. The simple fact is High Point is a way better track the man Muddy Creek.
I agree- High Point is a great track. Hell- all of the tracks on the schedule are great tracks.

Give it some time- all of the Nationals will be held at LL's and High Point. It will be great for racing.Dry
thewrizzle
8/15/2020 10:26pm
DE262 wrote:
Shocker of the year.
thewrizzle wrote:
I mean, is there a problem there? It’s clear MX Sports wasn’t biased with the schedule, High Point didn’t make the cut. The simple fact is...
DE262 wrote:
I agree- High Point is a great track. Hell- all of the tracks on the schedule are great tracks. Give it some time- all of the...
I agree- High Point is a great track. Hell- all of the tracks on the schedule are great tracks.

Give it some time- all of the Nationals will be held at LL's and High Point. It will be great for racing.Dry
I think you’re crazy, there is no conspiracy here. Extraordinary things are happening right now and I think it’s awesome that we are even getting 9 races period.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
8/15/2020 10:41pm Edited Date/Time 8/16/2020 12:16am
Dirtydeeds wrote:
How does a posi-trac rear end work on a Plymouth?
How does a posi-trac rear end work on a Plymouth?,How is a rainbow made? , it just does.
DE262
8/15/2020 10:42pm
thewrizzle wrote:
DE262 wrote:
I agree- High Point is a great track. Hell- all of the tracks on the schedule are great tracks. Give it some time- all of the...

thewrizzle wrote:
I think you’re crazy, there is no conspiracy here. Extraordinary things are happening right now and I think it’s awesome that we are even getting 9...
I think you’re crazy, there is no conspiracy here. Extraordinary things are happening right now and I think it’s awesome that we are even getting 9 races period.
It's not a conspiracy at all.

Not trying to get into a pissing match either.

It is what it is.

Post a reply to: Why did Muddy Creek or High Point Not Replace Washougal?

The Latest