best knee brace for no ACL

Nystrom7
9/22/2018 8:53am Edited Date/Time 9/22/2018 8:54am
I have used don Joy since i tore my acl in 05. Only have one on the left leg but the quality is insane, 12 years now and its still solid. Ive tried asterisk and a bunch of other on my right leg but they wear out quick and dont keep the knee stable as don Joy.
9/22/2018 2:45pm
Cti2 #1. I’ve had mine for 15 years . Hard to believe something could last that long . Had a big crash two years ago without the Cti my leg would’ve been Joe Theismann style injured. Instead , Saved my knee I continued racing for two more years and just last week had arthroscopic just clean up some stuff . There you go. Will be back on the bike in roughly 2 to 3 weeks . Not bad protection imo.
CG118
9/22/2018 5:13pm
ob wrote:
I have an acl replacement in one knee and no acl in the other. Still ride and race lots and I use pods, I had a...
I have an acl replacement in one knee and no acl in the other. Still ride and race lots and I use pods, I had a custom cti but like my pods better. No brace will stop the twisting that you will have happen in your knee especially when your boot catches something that twists your leg or when you stomp your foot down. Only building up lots of muscle seems to help that. Lots of bicycle time for me. Good luck it’s not the end of the world.
Listen to ob. No brace will stop the twisting. They will help reduce medial and lateral forces, and give you a nice bit of extra support feeling for damaged knees.

I am not aware of any research/study/whatever that proves any brace prevents injuries. The medical community has never come to a consensus regarding bracing and injury prevention.

Having said all that, I wear custom CTi’s, as well as an old Leatt neck brace. I feel safer riding with these items.

The Shop

CG118
9/22/2018 5:19pm
KrazyJimmy

I think the best brace to improve support for you would be a custom fit anything. Off-the-shelf items are most likely not going to be a snug as a custom unit. And that snug, proper fit should give you a more stable feeling.

Good luck.
9/22/2018 6:39pm
No acl and wrecked meniscus. My knee jars and pops out of place easily then swells up. The möbius braces have been great for me. I used to have a cti but it would come loose and move around and my knee would pop if I dabbed my foot. Haven't had near as many issues since switching to möbius.

Also I recommend getting the compression legging sleeves with the braces. I tried riding without the leggings and the support wasn't as great it felt like.
JD35
9/22/2018 10:08pm
Used to have custom CTi for both knees and tore both ACLs and MCLs. The fit was great and except from
the weight, I was very happy. Now I switched to knee Guards from EVS and I’m very satisfied too. Needless to say, I’ve really worked a lot on my leg muscles and stability to reach a point when I’m not Super careful every time I put my leg down in a rutty corner.
9/22/2018 10:10pm
I had a replacement ACL in my right knee, for three years, and tore it off last year while wearing Asterisk braces. I continued riding in the Asterisks for a while, and it was almost impossible. Then i bought a pair of PODs and I've had zero problems with it since. I do a lot of road and mountain biking besides moto, so that helps keeping the muscles around the knee strong and able to hold the thing together.
BenC711
9/23/2018 4:10am
POD for me every time. The new K8 2.0’s are fantastic, and have some great features that other braces don’t have
9/23/2018 5:41am
You younger guys with torn acls should have them replaced. You're going to destroy your cartlidge in your knee which will buy you a knee replacement much sooner than expected.
I tore mine twenty years ago. Had the replacement done. Back then they did a vertical approach which doesn't work well. I sucked it up for the last twenty yrs and now my knee has alot of arthritis.
ANDREASF
9/23/2018 8:07am
I had ACL total broken in right knee on March and operation on April.... steel I am on recovery, streghting right leg.. and seems that I will ride after 3 month from now.
No good but I think it was the better for my leg even though I am not young (48).
As mentioned from above member, the young people need to reconstruct to avoid arthritis which destroy the knee totaly.
I had new Asterix and also CTi OTS for now. I think CTi for my leg fit better, but as many told here the risk to torn ACL can not avoided even though wear braces.
KrazyJimmy
9/23/2018 8:36am
I already responded earlier that I bought mobius braces and they seem to be working well. They allow me to ride, I can't without them.

Post a reply to: best knee brace for no ACL

The Latest