Cone valve kit or Dal Soggio kit

tireguy111
Has anybody here installed either one of these kits? The bike is a ‘17 fc350 Husky, Any insight which kit is better?
|
captmoto
5/25/2018 8:25am
I think MXA tested the Del Soggio and liked it. It is also half the price of Cone Valves.
5/25/2018 12:00pm
tireguy111 wrote:
Has anybody here installed either one of these kits? The bike is a ‘17 fc350 Husky, Any insight which kit is better?
Kyb cartridge kit not an option for you ?

I have the kyb cartridges and it’s unbelievably good.
Monk
5/27/2018 11:10am
I have a set of complete Dal Soggio forks, a complete set of AER forks. I regularly switch back and forth when one is getting serviced. Everytime I get on the AER stuff, I love it. Everytime I get on the Dal Soggio, I love it. But the Dal Soggio Spheres are just so good no matter what the terrain where as the AER stuff seems to be a little more specific.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
5/27/2018 2:06pm
I’ve found that the AER forks are pretty descent when the track is smooth, but as soon as the braking bumps develop or square edges start showing up, they are terrible. I decided not to waste any money and go with what I know.., I ordered a set of Cone Valves from Billy from PowerBand Racing and I sent him my shock to revalve it. I should have them in a week or two and can give an honest review. I know a guy here local that has been selling a bunch of the Del Saggio kits with great reviews, but I figure I can take the forks to my next bike and not lose the investment in the AER forks.

The Shop

blaze 57
5/27/2018 6:04pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2018 6:09pm
I had Factory Connection re-valve and install the performance mod in my new KTM factory edition 450 AER's. I still have my 450 Yamaha and my son has a new 18' 450 Yamaha and the Factory Connection AER's are as good as the Yamaha's KYB's now in low-speed chop and ripple junk. The stock AER's on the new factory editions were busy and confused in chop. They would just trash your wrists. I hope the new KTM 19's don't use those same settings because they are way off in the low speed compression dept. Now after getting my forks back from Factory Connection my comp clicker is set on 8 and VERY plush with room to spare to play. I also had Factory Connection install the bladder mod and re-valve my shock too. The shock is very good stock but now even plusher, expecially just out trail riding.
CSAR FE
5/27/2018 8:37pm
blaze 57 wrote:
I had Factory Connection re-valve and install the performance mod in my new KTM factory edition 450 AER's. I still have my 450 Yamaha and my...
I had Factory Connection re-valve and install the performance mod in my new KTM factory edition 450 AER's. I still have my 450 Yamaha and my son has a new 18' 450 Yamaha and the Factory Connection AER's are as good as the Yamaha's KYB's now in low-speed chop and ripple junk. The stock AER's on the new factory editions were busy and confused in chop. They would just trash your wrists. I hope the new KTM 19's don't use those same settings because they are way off in the low speed compression dept. Now after getting my forks back from Factory Connection my comp clicker is set on 8 and VERY plush with room to spare to play. I also had Factory Connection install the bladder mod and re-valve my shock too. The shock is very good stock but now even plusher, expecially just out trail riding.
I’ve had the exact same experience with the newer FC AER work. It is VERY good.
AJ565
5/28/2018 6:00am
blaze 57 wrote:
I had Factory Connection re-valve and install the performance mod in my new KTM factory edition 450 AER's. I still have my 450 Yamaha and my...
Hmm, I notice the same thing on my '18 250sx about the chop and my hands. I've been leaning towards the WP/KYB setup from Technical Touch. The FC deal would be cheaper I've just been concerned as nobody really posts any reviews about the FC revalve and performance mod once they get them back on the bike. I really like how the KYB SSS forks are so thats a good comparison.
blaze 57
5/28/2018 10:29am
blaze 57 wrote:
AJ565 wrote:
Hmm, I notice the same thing on my '18 250sx about the chop and my hands. I've been leaning towards the WP/KYB setup from Technical Touch...
Hmm, I notice the same thing on my '18 250sx about the chop and my hands. I've been leaning towards the WP/KYB setup from Technical Touch. The FC deal would be cheaper I've just been concerned as nobody really posts any reviews about the FC revalve and performance mod once they get them back on the bike. I really like how the KYB SSS forks are so thats a good comparison.
ESR is also doing their version of the AER performance mod. Page 62 of the new MX Action has a test comparing Ohlins forks against the ESR modded set of AER's.

They said in the test the AER's modded by ESR were comparable to both Ohlins and cone valves. I would imagine ESR and Factory Connection are doing something similar to stop the low speed harshness in the air forks.

After the re-valve costs are about the same between Factory Connection and ESR to get the air fork to work right. I paid around $1200.00 but that included my shock mods too.
AJ565
5/28/2018 11:37am
blaze 57 wrote:
ESR is also doing their version of the AER performance mod. Page 62 of the new MX Action has a test comparing Ohlins forks against the...
ESR is also doing their version of the AER performance mod. Page 62 of the new MX Action has a test comparing Ohlins forks against the ESR modded set of AER's.

They said in the test the AER's modded by ESR were comparable to both Ohlins and cone valves. I would imagine ESR and Factory Connection are doing something similar to stop the low speed harshness in the air forks.

After the re-valve costs are about the same between Factory Connection and ESR to get the air fork to work right. I paid around $1200.00 but that included my shock mods too.
It looks like ESR is a Race Tech dealer. Chances are they are just putting gold valves in them along with valving them to the rider.

Post a reply to: Cone valve kit or Dal Soggio kit

The Latest