Exhaust port - expansion chamber O-ring

Turbojez
Edited Date/Time 7/19/2017 3:52am
Anyone replaced the rubber o-ring in the stock RM250 expansion chamber (where it slides into the exhaust port)? Suzuki charges around 30$ for an oring which is pretty ridiculous...
I was wondering if a normal o-ring in the proper size would fit and seal the exhaust to the head well. Also, was if a normal o-ring wouldn't melt. I believe it's pretty hot in there...
|
Acidreamer
7/19/2017 6:09am
Usually those come in top end kits with the piston and gaskets and all that. So maybe buy a kit and do a top end and boom, win win.

You need a specific type of material to withstand that kind of heat. Also you need the thickness and diameter of the ring to be correct. Mcmaster-carr might be your best bet.

Or buy a $30 one to be safe.
karlz
7/19/2017 7:33am
Don't know the year of your bike, but I have top end gasket sets including exhaust orings on my website.

www.karlzracing.com
Turbojez
7/19/2017 9:55am
Acidreamer wrote:
Usually those come in top end kits with the piston and gaskets and all that. So maybe buy a kit and do a top end and...
Usually those come in top end kits with the piston and gaskets and all that. So maybe buy a kit and do a top end and boom, win win.

You need a specific type of material to withstand that kind of heat. Also you need the thickness and diameter of the ring to be correct. Mcmaster-carr might be your best bet.

Or buy a $30 one to be safe.
I already have a gasket kit for the entire engine, as I need to split the cases anyway. I didn't even think about looking for it there...

Thanks guys!!!
Mr Happy
Fantasy
2572nd
7/19/2017 2:05pm
You should be able to find parts fiches with the o-ring sizes listed on some sites. Partsfish do if I remember correctly. Or aftermarket pipe manufacturers for other two strokes, like Arrow or Yasuni, list them separately. Maybe try looking at scooter and moped parts sites.

Post a reply to: Exhaust port - expansion chamber O-ring

The Latest