Alpinestars Supertech M10 Helmet

aroark247
7/14/2018 9:37am
Spooner wrote:
Yeah maybe a spring colorway or something. They look killer. I have a blue and orange one in my possession if anyone has detailed questions about...
Yeah maybe a spring colorway or something. They look killer.

I have a blue and orange one in my possession if anyone has detailed questions about the helmet or wants to see something specific. And one thing they didn’t really go into in the video is how the A-head system really changes the way the helmet fits. I’ve been showing the helmet for about 6 weeks and I’ve had probably 75 people try them on. The vast majority of people fit the helmet in the standard setup of the ahead. Then a few said there was maybe pressure in the forehead or something so I’d change the position and in every case you’d see the surprise on their face because I was always able to get the helmet to fit the particular person if the helmet was their size. Also sizing seems pretty true, maybe just a slight hair on the big side if at all.
So if I am a SMALL in ARAI and SHOEI would a small be what I should go with?
Spooner
7/14/2018 11:20am
Spooner wrote:
Yeah maybe a spring colorway or something. They look killer. I have a blue and orange one in my possession if anyone has detailed questions about...
Yeah maybe a spring colorway or something. They look killer.

I have a blue and orange one in my possession if anyone has detailed questions about the helmet or wants to see something specific. And one thing they didn’t really go into in the video is how the A-head system really changes the way the helmet fits. I’ve been showing the helmet for about 6 weeks and I’ve had probably 75 people try them on. The vast majority of people fit the helmet in the standard setup of the ahead. Then a few said there was maybe pressure in the forehead or something so I’d change the position and in every case you’d see the surprise on their face because I was always able to get the helmet to fit the particular person if the helmet was their size. Also sizing seems pretty true, maybe just a slight hair on the big side if at all.
aroark247 wrote:
So if I am a SMALL in ARAI and SHOEI would a small be what I should go with?
It’s a good chance that it would be the right size. I know several people that tried on the helmet did wear shoei normally and the sizes seemed to correspond well.
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
7/14/2018 8:31pm
Cool colors but looks hideous.
Spooner
8/4/2018 10:08am
Dealers who pre-booked started to get helmets but just medium and large so far. Still a few weeks out on the other sizes and more back stock of medium and large. Just got my personal one but haven’t gotten a chance to ride in it. I do have several buddies that have used theirs and they are blow away by the airflow and how light it feels. Keefer will have his review out soon too.

The Shop

8/4/2018 12:48pm
I've been able to hold this thing in my hands in real life today in Lommel. Alpinestars definitely put a lot of work into this. I really like the plain carbon one. Only thing that's ugly as hell is the mouthpiece. Other than that, really nice looking helmet and good features. Don't think I'll be spending 650 bucks on a helmet soon though. I didn't put the thing on my head though. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow when I go back.
VasageXx
8/4/2018 1:03pm
Will we see Eli in one of these or is he tied in with Bell?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I'm sure that Alpinestars will want their riders in their helmet as soon as possible. Not sure when Tomac's deal with Bell expires but I think...
I'm sure that Alpinestars will want their riders in their helmet as soon as possible. Not sure when Tomac's deal with Bell expires but I think it was mentioned a while back that it's at the end of this year. Maybe it ended last year and he signed with them again?
pretty sure he'll stay with Bell, probably for the rest of his career.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/4/2018 1:31pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I'm sure that Alpinestars will want their riders in their helmet as soon as possible. Not sure when Tomac's deal with Bell expires but I think...
I'm sure that Alpinestars will want their riders in their helmet as soon as possible. Not sure when Tomac's deal with Bell expires but I think it was mentioned a while back that it's at the end of this year. Maybe it ended last year and he signed with them again?
VasageXx wrote:
Money talks. He's already in Astars gear and boots. Helmet is probably next.

RV was wearing a Bell and switched to the Astars helmet because of how light it is.

If he stays in Bell that's fine I like the look of the Bell's and that's what I'd be wearing if I was still riding.

Hopefully Anderson switches to the Astars helmet. That Airoh he's wearing is fugly.
8/4/2018 1:51pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
VasageXx wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Money talks. He's already in Astars gear and boots. Helmet is probably next. RV was wearing a Bell and switched to the Astars helmet because of...
Money talks. He's already in Astars gear and boots. Helmet is probably next.

RV was wearing a Bell and switched to the Astars helmet because of how light it is.

If he stays in Bell that's fine I like the look of the Bell's and that's what I'd be wearing if I was still riding.

Hopefully Anderson switches to the Astars helmet. That Airoh he's wearing is fugly.
I think Herlings also might be changing to Alpinestars
8/5/2018 1:05am
they said 4 different eps foams, around the helmet.
But the top notch helmets have 3 layers of eps foam.

so is this a very expensive mips helmet without the concussion damping foam...

Spooner
8/5/2018 6:17am
Dirtdemon wrote:
they said 4 different eps foams, around the helmet. But the top notch helmets have 3 layers of eps foam. so is this a very expensive...
they said 4 different eps foams, around the helmet.
But the top notch helmets have 3 layers of eps foam.

so is this a very expensive mips helmet without the concussion damping foam...

4 sections AND 4 densities.
drt410
8/5/2018 3:50pm
Dont like mouthpiece
mxjon454
8/5/2018 10:09pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I think his deal with bell is up at the end of this, same with Barcia and Arai. I bet alpinestar puts tomac and barcia in those helmeta for next year. Same with anderson unles his deal with Airoh runs through next year. These new Astar helmets are badass.
mxjon454
8/5/2018 10:17pm
When is AStar going to sell their gear at the local bike shops here in So Cal? I know they didnt sell their gear in America because of their deal with Thor. AStar wouldnt sell their gear in amercia and Thor wouldnt make a high end boot. Ive never seen AStar gear at any of the dealerships.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/5/2018 10:38pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
mxjon454 wrote:
I think his deal with bell is up at the end of this, same with Barcia and Arai. I bet alpinestar puts tomac and barcia in...
I think his deal with bell is up at the end of this, same with Barcia and Arai. I bet alpinestar puts tomac and barcia in those helmeta for next year. Same with anderson unles his deal with Airoh runs through next year. These new Astar helmets are badass.
It only make sense for them to put those riders in their new helmet. All 3 are some of the bigger names in the sport. SX viewership seems to be growing year over year so having the defending champ and top contenders wearing the new helmet is a smart business move.

I personally like it. I can see why others don't like the mouthpiece. It does look a little bulky but it reminds me a bit of the Thor helmets that Reed and Villopoto used to wear.

Post a reply to: Alpinestars Supertech M10 Helmet

The Latest