Anderson out for MEC

Barrzy256
10/10/2019 7:44pm
KX500 wrote:
Does no body else see the irony? JA spends a month of his vacation time to race a race that pays nothing, then says professional motocross...
Does no body else see the irony?

JA spends a month of his vacation time to race a race that pays nothing, then says professional motocross racers need time off. Everyone agrees and seems to think it is fine that JA now misses races where he could make money - when else is he going to take that vacation?

Tomac (& others) says professional motocross racers need time off, even if it means skipping the race that pays nothing but needs weeks to prepare for. Many disagree. Tomac (& others) then have the opportunity to get a good vacation And race off-season races where they can make money.

I'm leaning more towards the idea that the USA should boycott MXON until is something is done about the timing of the event.

How many other racers around the world have to skip races with payouts, because the were in the MXON?

Congratulation, you've been chosen to be on this years' MXON team! You will now make $XXXXX Less this year than if you were not chosen. Again, Congratulations!

I like the MXON as much as the next guy, but it sure seems that US racers are the ones getting screwed. Go & make less money or don't go (or don't go often enough) & now you're not patriotic.
Or just move the MEC? And that way you aren’t changing a whole event with multiple countries just to suit one country?🤷🏼‍♂️
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3725th
10/10/2019 7:48pm
KX500 wrote:
Does no body else see the irony? JA spends a month of his vacation time to race a race that pays nothing, then says professional motocross...

JA spends a month of his vacation time to race a race that pays nothing, then says professional motocross racers need time off. Everyone agrees and seems to think it is fine that JA now misses races where he could make money - when else is he going to take that vacation?

Tomac (& others) says professional motocross racers need time off, even if it means skipping the race that pays nothing but needs weeks to prepare for. Many disagree. Tomac (& others) then have the opportunity to get a good vacation And race off-season races where they can make money.

I'm leaning more towards the idea that the USA should boycott MXON until is something is done about the timing of the event.

How many other racers around the world have to skip races with payouts, because the were in the MXON?

Congratulation, you've been chosen to be on this years' MXON team! You will now make $XXXXX Less this year than if you were not chosen. Again, Congratulations!

I like the MXON as much as the next guy, but it sure seems that US racers are the ones getting screwed. Go & make less money or don't go (or don't go often enough) & now you're not patriotic.
You’re exactly right. The disagreeable folks are blindly patriotic without rationale.
brocster
10/10/2019 7:59pm
Anyone have an accurate entry list????
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
10/10/2019 9:03pm
Smart move. He's been in MX mode for a long time now, jumping straight back into a supercross with no time in between probably isnt going to yield a great result for him anyways so what has he got to gain?

Racing the MXdN was probably a great PR move for him and im guessing gained him a fan base that he can cash in on later. Does suck that the result was he had to miss a couple of cool events, but im sure he'll get a decent pay day in Aus and NZ if he comes down again.

The Shop

10/11/2019 3:45am
KX500 wrote:

Im still baffled why so many of you care if they're getting paid or not?!

You're just a fan remember. The only thing you stand to gain from it is entertainment. Once a year you get to pitch your country's best against the rest of the world- isn't that the biggest spectacle for you as a fan? Doesn't this create the biggest interest?

But you'd prefer to watch ANOTHER SX (bare in mind you've watched 20 this year already) simply because your favourite rider is cashing a cheque? Will you & family & friends be having celebratory drinks if your rider wins the Mill$??

If YOUR personal bank account benefitted from a rider doing certain races, Id get it. But, otherwise its just weird..
KX500
10/11/2019 5:42am
Yes, we are all just fans.

But we're all professionals at something.

How many of us would spend much time & effort to go do our jobs for free?

And skip our vacation time to do it? Be away from home for 2-3-4 weeks? And maybe work in conditions that are very much different from our every day jobs?

And put ourselves in a position to then have to skip 'paid' or 'overtime' work days?

Add to that the knowledge that your professional 'career' will be short (10-15 years) and each day you go to work carries a much higher risk of it being that last day of your career than most jobs.

Sometimes we need to take off our Fan hat & just try on the professional athlete hat for a few seconds.

Many things in life are enjoyable, but to take one of those things & do it as a job, would take a lot of the enjoyment out, at least I would think.

How did Villopoto feel about racing towards the end of his career? Was he having fun?

I just want it to be understood what we are really asking US MX racers when we say 'want to be on the MXON team'?
motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
10/11/2019 5:56am
Mr. Info wrote:
Read he was doing a SX race in Australia.
wicksy85 wrote:
Yeah he is doing the SX in Melbourne and Auckland
#startmoney
10/11/2019 6:09am
KX500 wrote:
Yes, we are all just fans. But we're all professionals at something. How many of us would spend much time & effort to go do our...

And skip our vacation time to do it? Be away from home for 2-3-4 weeks? And maybe work in conditions that are very much different from our every day jobs?

And put ourselves in a position to then have to skip 'paid' or 'overtime' work days?

Add to that the knowledge that your professional 'career' will be short (10-15 years) and each day you go to work carries a much higher risk of it being that last day of your career than most jobs.

Sometimes we need to take off our Fan hat & just try on the professional athlete hat for a few seconds.

Many things in life are enjoyable, but to take one of those things & do it as a job, would take a lot of the enjoyment out, at least I would think.

How did Villopoto feel about racing towards the end of his career? Was he having fun?

I just want it to be understood what we are really asking US MX racers when we say 'want to be on the MXON team'?
I completely understand that none of us would go to work for free... but I don't understand why YOU would feel so passionate about ME going to work for free... Its nothing to do with you. Likewise its nothing to do with you if Jason Anderson wants to go race MXoN for free & sit out MEC! Its none of your business, so why do you feel so passionately about it?? You should feel passionate about watching the best race possible. You should feel passionate about your team going for the win... But instead you're passionate about Jason's bank account?!

Agreed, general feeling was that RV was feeling despondant with the sport toward the end of his career- when he was racing for prize money and his salary... but look what happened when he just bought a bike and started riding! He's loving it again.. Maybe we could all learn a thing or two from that?! And perhaps thats just how Ando is feeling right now? He's had four weeks in Europe, different sights, people, riding tracks he's never ridden before, had a passionate crowd of US fans behind him, done a race, (FOR FREE) and now he's back home to the grind of SX- which he clearly couldn't give a f*ck about winning the money, so he's pulled out.

Maybe riders need and want the low stress? "Fuck the Million dollars- I have a couple already. Ha? A sand race in Europe? Three weeks away?? Sign me up!"
Sir
10/11/2019 6:40am
Racing for free, really? at the MXdN. Then why are the riders shirts emblazoned with sponsors logos and their machinery too? This would suggest that the (elite) riders are pocketing some monies for their adventure and time spent appearing at the Nations.
newmann
10/11/2019 6:41am
jib-tmb wrote:
Off topic but what brand of speakers are those? I've been thinking about getting some new ones. Mine are old and shot.
Pioneer HPM 150’s (not mine). But these were high end audio speakers from the late 1970’s. 15” woofers would really move the air. I lusted after...
Pioneer HPM 150’s (not mine). But these were high end audio speakers from the late 1970’s. 15” woofers would really move the air. I lusted after them when I was younger after listening to some but couldn’t afford them then. They can still be found used but some of have had woofer replacements that probably are not near the quality of the originals. There’s probably better newer designs these days anyway but these were the shitz back in the day if you had the power to drive them.
JAFO92 probably has a set of NOS one's tucked away along with a set or two of restored ones. That dude has the nicest "rack" you've ever seen!Shocked
KX500
10/11/2019 7:15am
I can't say I'm too passionate about anybodies bank account, other than my own. Or anybodies decision on how much they want to work for free. I've been salaried & I've been hourly - I completely know the difference. I've spent a lot of time away from home & hours working for free.

I'm just trying to point out how easy it is for one of us to say 'I'd be on the MXON team in a heartbeat and I would never turn down the offer' - and anybody who doesn't see it that way is wrong. That is a fan's perspective who will never have the opportunity.

Put yourselves in a riders shoes & just maybe you could have a different opinion. Maybe not.

Hopefully, riders do get something for racing MXON, but if a bonus for being on the MXON team isn't written into a contract, do we really figure that payout just happens?

And just how upset do you figure Kawasaki/Tomac/AC are with the decision to skip MXON this year?

Hopefully every year, our best riders go.

I'm just not mad at the guys who say 'No thanks'.
Camp332
10/11/2019 7:26am
Good for you, El Hombre. Rest up for 2020 Bro. New Jersey supports your decision.
BAMX
10/11/2019 7:36am
It's refreshing to have a rider just put it out as to what his plans are and why. Personally, I can do without post of boxes and blacked out bikes.
mxb2
10/11/2019 9:46am
KX500 wrote:
I can't say I'm too passionate about anybodies bank account, other than my own. Or anybodies decision on how much they want to work for free...
I can't say I'm too passionate about anybodies bank account, other than my own. Or anybodies decision on how much they want to work for free. I've been salaried & I've been hourly - I completely know the difference. I've spent a lot of time away from home & hours working for free.

I'm just trying to point out how easy it is for one of us to say 'I'd be on the MXON team in a heartbeat and I would never turn down the offer' - and anybody who doesn't see it that way is wrong. That is a fan's perspective who will never have the opportunity.

Put yourselves in a riders shoes & just maybe you could have a different opinion. Maybe not.

Hopefully, riders do get something for racing MXON, but if a bonus for being on the MXON team isn't written into a contract, do we really figure that payout just happens?

And just how upset do you figure Kawasaki/Tomac/AC are with the decision to skip MXON this year?

Hopefully every year, our best riders go.

I'm just not mad at the guys who say 'No thanks'.
Bingo. Gotta love the posters on vital saying i would do it lol. Of course you would but it will never happen. Easy to say that. Some dont understand each team,rider has a different priority or choice. Instead of being mad or a selfish fan. Honor their choice. Instead of acting like a spoiled. baby when they dont do what you want.
Johnny Ringo
10/11/2019 11:25am
When we say racing for free we are referring to bonus money. Everyone at the MXDN was still making their salary
CivBars
10/11/2019 11:37am
I thought he said he didn't want to race RBSR due to lack of two stroke/ SX prep. Now no MEC?

No Zach Osborne at MEC either.
KX500
10/11/2019 12:07pm
When we say racing for free we are referring to bonus money. Everyone at the MXDN was still making their salary
By still making their salary, then weren't they making the same whether they went or not? Racers that didn't go still made their salary, right?
10/11/2019 2:05pm
KX500 wrote:
By still making their salary, then weren't they making the same whether they went or not? Racers that didn't go still made their salary, right?
So now you think you know the fine detail of a riders contract?

How do you know a riders contract doesn’t pay ‘start bonus’
Sit at home you get ‘x’
Enter a race and get ‘xx’
KX500
10/11/2019 2:16pm
sal·a·ry
/ˈsal(ə)rē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a fixed regular payment, typically paid on a monthly or biweekly basis but often expressed as an annual sum, made by an employer to an employee, especially a professional or white-collar worker.

You are putting words in my mouth - I have no idea what kind of or if they get start money and you will find no instance where I said I did.

I do know what the word Salary means, however. I didn't even bring up the word, someone else did.

You do see the 'fixed regular payment' part there, right.

Go work an 80 hour week & you get -Salary.

Somehow only work a 40 hour week and you get -Salary. Same Same.

mxb2
10/11/2019 2:25pm
KX500 wrote:
sal·a·ry /ˈsal(ə)rē/ Learn to pronounce noun a fixed regular payment, typically paid on a monthly or biweekly basis but often expressed as an annual sum, made...
sal·a·ry
/ˈsal(ə)rē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a fixed regular payment, typically paid on a monthly or biweekly basis but often expressed as an annual sum, made by an employer to an employee, especially a professional or white-collar worker.

You are putting words in my mouth - I have no idea what kind of or if they get start money and you will find no instance where I said I did.

I do know what the word Salary means, however. I didn't even bring up the word, someone else did.

He says money isnt important. So i assume he works free.
10/11/2019 2:42pm
KX500 wrote:
sal·a·ry /ˈsal(ə)rē/ Learn to pronounce noun a fixed regular payment, typically paid on a monthly or biweekly basis but often expressed as an annual sum, made...
sal·a·ry
/ˈsal(ə)rē/
Learn to pronounce
noun

I didn’t mention the word salary- you did.

You also said “By still making their salary, then weren't they making the same whether they went or not?”

How do you know they’re “making the same whether they go or not”?

How do you know they’re not claiming start bonuses?
mxb2
10/11/2019 2:43pm
mxb2 wrote:
How would you explain Jason working for free at MXoN and now turning down a paycheck at MEC?

3,2,1, go..
No.idea, he said he needed a rest. His life his choice. As a grown up, i dont tell another person and tell them how to live their live. You should try it , start your own team and make the rules. . simple.
10/11/2019 2:45pm
mxb2 wrote:
How would you explain Jason working for free at MXoN and now turning down a paycheck at MEC?

3,2,1, go..
mxb2 wrote:
No.idea, he said he needed a rest. His life his choice. As a grown up, i dont tell another person and tell them how to live...
No.idea, he said he needed a rest. His life his choice. As a grown up, i dont tell another person and tell them how to live their live. You should try it , start your own team and make the rules. . simple.
I’d suggest, the money isn’t that important to JA right now.. obviously.
mxb2
10/11/2019 2:59pm

3,2,1, go..
mxb2 wrote:
No.idea, he said he needed a rest. His life his choice. As a grown up, i dont tell another person and tell them how to live...
I’d suggest, the money isn’t that important to JA right now.. obviously.
Guess not, his life. His decision.
kkawboy14
10/11/2019 4:26pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2019 4:28pm
He’s at home wondering why he chased practice on sandtracks that he will never ride again and it’s gonna take a lot of Starbucks machiotos to get over that depressing 6th place!

If you guys don’t think that 6th place was depressing to those guys......you have never raced before!
zehn
10/11/2019 4:48pm
I love how you guys assume to know the pay structure these guys have in their contracts. For all we know, they make all their money during the racing season and are basically unpaid in the off-season
PressPassP
10/12/2019 9:25am
KX500 wrote:
Yes, we are all just fans. But we're all professionals at something. How many of us would spend much time & effort to go do our...

I completely understand that none of us would go to work for free... but I don't understand why YOU would feel so passionate about ME going...
I completely understand that none of us would go to work for free... but I don't understand why YOU would feel so passionate about ME going to work for free... Its nothing to do with you. Likewise its nothing to do with you if Jason Anderson wants to go race MXoN for free & sit out MEC! Its none of your business, so why do you feel so passionately about it?? You should feel passionate about watching the best race possible. You should feel passionate about your team going for the win... But instead you're passionate about Jason's bank account?!

Agreed, general feeling was that RV was feeling despondant with the sport toward the end of his career- when he was racing for prize money and his salary... but look what happened when he just bought a bike and started riding! He's loving it again.. Maybe we could all learn a thing or two from that?! And perhaps thats just how Ando is feeling right now? He's had four weeks in Europe, different sights, people, riding tracks he's never ridden before, had a passionate crowd of US fans behind him, done a race, (FOR FREE) and now he's back home to the grind of SX- which he clearly couldn't give a f*ck about winning the money, so he's pulled out.

Maybe riders need and want the low stress? "Fuck the Million dollars- I have a couple already. Ha? A sand race in Europe? Three weeks away?? Sign me up!"
Bingo, I don't get why some get upset,why should it matter to them when these guys wanted to go,said they were glad they did and would love the opportunity to do it again next year,it would appear that they actually enjoy their work to want to do this,it wasn't a chore for them, quite the opposite in fact

If someone wants to go into work over this weekend to do something and not get paid or want to volunteer somewhere etc good for them,it's their choice

I agree with KX500 that hopefully every year best riders go and also not mad at the guys who say 'No thanks'.

Afterall we'd all like to see them there battling it out

I don't necessarily buy all the excuses some people try to justify them not going though as there are always other riders actions that debunk these arguments but it's a personal choice,riders have their own reasons and it's how each indivual feels, it's their prerogative and we have to accept it.

At the end of the day JA or others may well get paid every single week regardless of what they do or don't do,maybe someone can confirm pay structures? In this case he's might have opted out of start money or place money,with respect his chances of a million are slim

mxb2
10/12/2019 9:36am
KX500 wrote:

I completely understand that none of us would go to work for free... but I don't understand why YOU would feel so passionate about ME going...

PressPassP wrote:
Bingo, I don't get why some get upset,why should it matter to them when these guys wanted to go,said they were glad they did and would...
Bingo, I don't get why some get upset,why should it matter to them when these guys wanted to go,said they were glad they did and would love the opportunity to do it again next year,it would appear that they actually enjoy their work to want to do this,it wasn't a chore for them, quite the opposite in fact

If someone wants to go into work over this weekend to do something and not get paid or want to volunteer somewhere etc good for them,it's their choice

I agree with KX500 that hopefully every year best riders go and also not mad at the guys who say 'No thanks'.

Afterall we'd all like to see them there battling it out

I don't necessarily buy all the excuses some people try to justify them not going though as there are always other riders actions that debunk these arguments but it's a personal choice,riders have their own reasons and it's how each indivual feels, it's their prerogative and we have to accept it.

At the end of the day JA or others may well get paid every single week regardless of what they do or don't do,maybe someone can confirm pay structures? In this case he's might have opted out of start money or place money,with respect his chances of a million are slim

Yep they all make their own decisions,. But funny. Why are some butthurt riders dont go to certain races , cant have it both ways. Just because you think you know whats right for them. Watch the races . Enjoy whats out there..

Post a reply to: Anderson out for MEC

The Latest