MXGP of Russia - June 8-9

6/10/2019 2:39am
jemcee wrote:
I'm normally one of the first to appeal for safe tracks but although that first moto was very shitty for injuries.. I can't remember the 250's...
I'm normally one of the first to appeal for safe tracks but although that first moto was very shitty for injuries..
I can't remember the 250's havin too many casualties nor the second 450 moto..
I hear what you're saying, but I can't remember a GP as a whole with so many injuries to top riders and get offs that could have been a lot worse.
6/10/2019 2:51am
Anyone got any clues as to why or how Paulin crashed. All i have seen is the gopro footage. Can’t make sense of what happened from it. Swapping maybe - but if so that anti shake feature on the gopro smooths it out too much.
jemcee
6/10/2019 3:13am
jemcee wrote:
I'm normally one of the first to appeal for safe tracks but although that first moto was very shitty for injuries.. I can't remember the 250's...
I'm normally one of the first to appeal for safe tracks but although that first moto was very shitty for injuries..
I can't remember the 250's havin too many casualties nor the second 450 moto..
I hear what you're saying, but I can't remember a GP as a whole with so many injuries to top riders and get offs that could...
I hear what you're saying, but I can't remember a GP as a whole with so many injuries to top riders and get offs that could have been a lot worse.
Yeah that is true, it was pretty bad and like you say some of the crashes could've been worse (even though Desalle's was bad enough I was sure it was gonna be a lot worse when he first got out of shape) I just don't know if it was all the track's fault.. It is faaarken fast though so maybe slowing it down is the go
6/10/2019 4:06am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2019 4:09am
I hear what you're saying, but I can't remember a GP as a whole with so many injuries to top riders and get offs that could...
4 big get offs, 5 if you include Cairoli’s crash in the qualifying race in mx1 sounds like a lot but what about over the course of the weekend? Ok, less riders lining up but also the track could’ve got worse if more riders were there. I think it was just a freak race where the crashes were massive. Saying that though, the track looked sketchy, the type of track I’d hate to ride.

Or was it 3 including Cairoli’s, can’t remember now. Forgot about Waton’s & Ferato’s crash on the finish line. Yes the track was dangerous.

The Shop

philG
6/10/2019 4:28am
But if Gajsers crash in Matterley where he yardsaled it , had resulted in injury, what would folk have said then. By all means slow tracks down, but d9nt single this one out.
DonM
6/10/2019 5:19am
philG wrote:
But if Gajsers crash in Matterley where he yardsaled it , had resulted in injury, what would folk have said then. By all means slow tracks...
But if Gajsers crash in Matterley where he yardsaled it , had resulted in injury, what would folk have said then. By all means slow tracks down, but d9nt single this one out.
That track was ripped properly and his landing was on much softer ground....better track prep at Matterley...
6/10/2019 5:58am
The start looked dangerous. I’m surprised there wasn’t more crashes on that tabletop that faded left.
Track was sketch fo sho !
Twigster
6/10/2019 6:17am
philG wrote:
But if Gajsers crash in Matterley where he yardsaled it , had resulted in injury, what would folk have said then. By all means slow tracks...
Exactly. You're seeing this kind of track and track prep sprouting up all over the UK at even schoolboy meetings where there is this crazy desire to see every corner full of 4ft deep ruts. Tracks are insanely fast with the bikes the way they are now, having the dirt set that way just makes the injuries much bigger and much more likely.

I've seen and heard of more broken tibia/fibia injuries in the last year than almost in the first twenty years that I rode.
ATKpilot99
6/10/2019 6:31am
philG wrote:
DonM wrote:
That track was ripped properly and his landing was on much softer ground....better track prep at Matterley...
Slowing them down some is a good idea . But what's wrong with a good hard pack track every now and then ? That variety in terrain and track conditions is part of the appeal of the GPs in my opinion . I'd like to hear opinions from the riders but I doubt they would be completely honest for fear of retribution.
DonM
6/10/2019 7:07am
philG wrote:
DonM wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Slowing them down some is a good idea . But what's wrong with a good hard pack track every now and then ? That variety in...
Slowing them down some is a good idea . But what's wrong with a good hard pack track every now and then ? That variety in terrain and track conditions is part of the appeal of the GPs in my opinion . I'd like to hear opinions from the riders but I doubt they would be completely honest for fear of retribution.
I agree with you...that track was way too fast for the conditions and it resulted in more injuries at one race for top riders than I have seen in quite some time...
Cortami79
6/10/2019 11:32am
Some sections of the track are really cool, like the slower off camber turns. But the part where desalle crashed is just waaay too fast. I was happy it was only his leg. If he would have been head first into that wall jump, things would be much worse.
mx617
6/10/2019 11:59am
dirtwalker wrote:
Anyone got any clues as to why or how Paulin crashed. All i have seen is the gopro footage. Can’t make sense of what happened from...
Anyone got any clues as to why or how Paulin crashed. All i have seen is the gopro footage. Can’t make sense of what happened from it. Swapping maybe - but if so that anti shake feature on the gopro smooths it out too much.
Near as I could tell it looks like he washed out the front end, but that's just a guess from the GoPro footage.
ATKpilot99
6/10/2019 12:05pm
Cortami79 wrote:
Some sections of the track are really cool, like the slower off camber turns. But the part where desalle crashed is just waaay too fast. I...
Some sections of the track are really cool, like the slower off camber turns. But the part where desalle crashed is just waaay too fast. I was happy it was only his leg. If he would have been head first into that wall jump, things would be much worse.
I thought that step down double was cool too. It was all the 250s could do to clear it . I hope they can resolve any safety issues and it stays on the schedule. It's a unique track.
philG
6/10/2019 12:07pm
DonM wrote:
Matterley is crazy fast, and usually the bottom of those G-Outs are full of ruts.. the weather forecast this year wasnt great (race was March) and the track wasnt ripped like normal, just like Russia, they left the top on it so it could take the weather. I was at the race. I have seen some massive crashes at Matterley. riders dragging feet in ruts over jumps and all sorts, Gasjer put his bike in the crowd in EMX , which is why the fences are so far away now.

Hard pack is a skill, watered hardpack is a skill, IMO is more of a skill than just nailing a throttle in perfect traction.. We race a lot of hardpack on Supermoto, and they water it, and we are on Slicks.. you just have to feel your way in.

I dont like seeing riders hurt, nobody does, but i think that when you have riders on the limit, people are gonna fall off. Desalle was unlucky, he got a kick right at the worst time, Lupino , we dont know how he went down, and if another rider was involved, Paulin lit the rear up, by the looks of his Go Pro, and Bobreyshev and Cairoli both went down on the same slick patch .. Watson and Ferato both tucked the front on the slope of the finish line jump.

On the flip side , Arnaud Tonus , who is a great hardpack rider ran Tim Gajser hard in both races, backed up by Jeremy Seewer who also goes well on the tougher tracks.

As with most things, the guys that did well will have no issues, they guys that underperformed will say it was dangerous.

You can say it was sketchy, but is it any more sketchy than the wide open Quad at Lommel , or the 4th gear tabletop finish at Teuschenthal, or the quad at Matterley, Or the run from turn 3 to 4 in Argentina, Or the Fly 150 at Hangtown.. i could go on, but the point is , the conditions were how they were , the prep was how it was because of the weather, and as a result it wasnt ideal.. but what you gonna do ? Not race?
brimx153
6/10/2019 4:00pm Edited Date/Time 6/10/2019 4:02pm
DonM wrote:
philG wrote:
Matterley is crazy fast, and usually the bottom of those G-Outs are full of ruts.. the weather forecast this year wasnt great (race was March) and...
Matterley is crazy fast, and usually the bottom of those G-Outs are full of ruts.. the weather forecast this year wasnt great (race was March) and the track wasnt ripped like normal, just like Russia, they left the top on it so it could take the weather. I was at the race. I have seen some massive crashes at Matterley. riders dragging feet in ruts over jumps and all sorts, Gasjer put his bike in the crowd in EMX , which is why the fences are so far away now.

Hard pack is a skill, watered hardpack is a skill, IMO is more of a skill than just nailing a throttle in perfect traction.. We race a lot of hardpack on Supermoto, and they water it, and we are on Slicks.. you just have to feel your way in.

I dont like seeing riders hurt, nobody does, but i think that when you have riders on the limit, people are gonna fall off. Desalle was unlucky, he got a kick right at the worst time, Lupino , we dont know how he went down, and if another rider was involved, Paulin lit the rear up, by the looks of his Go Pro, and Bobreyshev and Cairoli both went down on the same slick patch .. Watson and Ferato both tucked the front on the slope of the finish line jump.

On the flip side , Arnaud Tonus , who is a great hardpack rider ran Tim Gajser hard in both races, backed up by Jeremy Seewer who also goes well on the tougher tracks.

As with most things, the guys that did well will have no issues, they guys that underperformed will say it was dangerous.

You can say it was sketchy, but is it any more sketchy than the wide open Quad at Lommel , or the 4th gear tabletop finish at Teuschenthal, or the quad at Matterley, Or the run from turn 3 to 4 in Argentina, Or the Fly 150 at Hangtown.. i could go on, but the point is , the conditions were how they were , the prep was how it was because of the weather, and as a result it wasnt ideal.. but what you gonna do ? Not race?
I agree 100% with philG .DonM , look at Argentina this year , fabre ,nagal and a good few others got hurt badly .that track was preped to perfection as far a ripping goes . Your acting like 3 rider s have never got hurt the same race before. If this happened in lommel no one would say anything about the track .loads of riders have got injured there . The same weekend.

Post a reply to: MXGP of Russia - June 8-9

The Latest