WW Ranch - Timed Qualifying Bench Racing

motomike137
9/26/2020 8:04am
Tomac is going to remind these guys who their daddy is today.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
9/26/2020 8:09am
Chase reminds me of Stanton
aeffertz
9/26/2020 8:11am
150ripper wrote:
Adam and Chase look great on 450s. Hard to believe Chase just turned 21 and is running in the front group
It’s also nice to see Chase move up to the premier class early on instead of spending an eternity in the 250 class. He’s the real deal, for sure! I don’t mind the point out rule in SX if it means we get more top guys in the 450 class.

The Shop

crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
9/26/2020 8:14am
Musquin.. You just have to feel for the guy. That was gut wrenching. I had to look away after the first replay.
Question
9/26/2020 8:15am
Musquin didn't do well in the first session with a 10th, so he was trying to push to have a more decend grid on a track that was slower this second session.

The crash, I think, comes mostly from a way too fast rebound.

I know it is the trend as it may be a bit faster to chase the last half a second of traction, but the impredictability is way way too high. Any riding error or bad kicker can catapult you so basically you spend at least 3 months per year injured. I am not sure if I ever saw RV or Cairoli having once such a crash. When you see how Herlings broke his neck recently, I think it was a very close call for Marv too. Whatever happens the rest of the day, if he lines up this afternoon or for the championship chase, I am just extremely glad he didn't get badly injuries.
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
9/26/2020 8:15am
450 A Qualifying 2:
Question
9/26/2020 8:16am
* and i don't know why i can't edit my posts to do small corrections Wink
kpiper
9/26/2020 8:20am
Question wrote:
Musquin didn't do well in the first session with a 10th, so he was trying to push to have a more decend grid on a track...
Musquin didn't do well in the first session with a 10th, so he was trying to push to have a more decend grid on a track that was slower this second session.

I know it is the trend as it may be a bit faster to chase the last half a second of traction, but the impredictability is way way too high. Any riding error or bad kicker can catapult you so basically you spend at least 3 months per year injured. I am not sure if I ever saw RV or Cairoli having once such a crash. When you see how Herlings broke his neck recently, I think it was a very close call for Marv too. Whatever happens the rest of the day, if he lines up this afternoon or for the championship chase, I am just extremely glad he didn't get badly injuries.
Marvin had a bad crash the end of the 2nd moto last weekend and now this in practice. He won't do well today. Mentally tough situation with back to back crashes in a short period of time.

He commented last weekend he was lucky he didn't get hurt. Now this.
JohnnyD13
9/26/2020 8:21am
If Marvin didn’t get a concussion on that hit then those Aori are better then I thought. That’s a bad hit to the head.
BobPA
9/26/2020 8:22am
Question wrote:
Musquin didn't do well in the first session with a 10th, so he was trying to push to have a more decend grid on a track...

kpiper wrote:
Marvin had a bad crash the end of the 2nd moto last weekend and now this in practice. He won't do well today. Mentally tough situation...
Marvin had a bad crash the end of the 2nd moto last weekend and now this in practice. He won't do well today. Mentally tough situation with back to back crashes in a short period of time.

Can I borrow your crystal ball? The Powerball is getting pretty big....
Philly215
9/26/2020 8:24am
Doesn’t make any sense. He won a couple championships by default and was never at the level of Carmichael, Stewart, Villopoto, or even Dungey. He raced for a long time, got to give him credit for that but was always a douche and only passed the fastest guys by taking them out. (Downvote me.)
Philly215
9/26/2020 8:25am
I want to see Baggett get an overall today.
kpiper
9/26/2020 8:28am
Question wrote:

kpiper wrote:
Marvin had a bad crash the end of the 2nd moto last weekend and now this in practice. He won't do well today. Mentally tough situation...

BobPA wrote:
Can I borrow your crystal ball? The Powerball is getting pretty big....
Sorry, I don't loan it out to people.

Also, it shows Tomac riding about like he did last weekend. He seems to finish about where he qualifies lately.

Of course, the crystal ball has been wrong at times though. Smile

So you think the two back to back crashes will have no impact on MM25 today?
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
9/26/2020 8:34am
450 B Qualifying 2:
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
9/26/2020 8:36am
450 Combined:
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
9/26/2020 8:36am
Philly215 wrote:
Doesn’t make any sense. He won a couple championships by default and was never at the level of Carmichael, Stewart, Villopoto, or even Dungey. He raced...
Doesn’t make any sense. He won a couple championships by default and was never at the level of Carmichael, Stewart, Villopoto, or even Dungey. He raced for a long time, got to give him credit for that but was always a douche and only passed the fastest guys by taking them out. (Downvote me.)
He wouldn't be on my Mt Rushmore, but he made it very tough for the guys on that wall their entire careers.
JustMX
9/26/2020 8:43am
You have a point, except for sand which is the opposite.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
9/26/2020 8:48am
Philly215 wrote:
Doesn’t make any sense. He won a couple championships by default and was never at the level of Carmichael, Stewart, Villopoto, or even Dungey. He raced...
May not have always been on their level, but he might be the only person to beat each one of those people in their prime straight up.
agn5009
9/26/2020 8:48am
Philly215 wrote:
crowe660 wrote:
He wouldn't be on my Mt Rushmore, but he made it very tough for the guys on that wall their entire careers.
Not really. He'd give a healthy RC fits a couple times a year.
9/26/2020 8:50am
Motofinne wrote:
Wow, that was a brutal crash. He hit his head really, really bad.
The thing is with highsiding crashes like that you not only hit the ground at the speed you are travelling but with the high side the bike flicks you too, increasing your momentum. It wasn't his head I was worried about so much when I saw it on the replay but his neck. I hope he's ok.
agn5009
9/26/2020 8:53am
Philly215 wrote:
davis224 wrote:
May not have always been on their level, but he might be the only person to beat each one of those people in their prime straight...
May not have always been on their level, but he might be the only person to beat each one of those people in their prime straight up.
Which is exactly why he wouldn't belong on the Mount Rushmore of MX. Why would we put a guy up there who could only beat the best every once in a while.
Question
9/26/2020 8:57am
Motofinne wrote:
Wow, that was a brutal crash. He hit his head really, really bad.
The thing is with highsiding crashes like that you not only hit the ground at the speed you are travelling but with the high side the...
The thing is with highsiding crashes like that you not only hit the ground at the speed you are travelling but with the high side the bike flicks you too, increasing your momentum. It wasn't his head I was worried about so much when I saw it on the replay but his neck. I hope he's ok.
TBH, if he is not injured, he must share the same DNA with Gajser in term of being made of rubber.

I take a hit like that I burn the shock and finish it with a hammer.
9/26/2020 8:58am
Philly215 wrote:
crowe660 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Not really. He'd give a healthy RC fits a couple times a year.
In 2003 he won every single sx racer after Daytona, straight up put a beat down on RC who barely won the title.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
9/26/2020 9:08am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2020 9:10am
Philly215 wrote:
davis224 wrote:
May not have always been on their level, but he might be the only person to beat each one of those people in their prime straight...
agn5009 wrote:
Which is exactly why he wouldn't belong on the Mount Rushmore of MX. Why would we put a guy up there who could only beat the...
Which is exactly why he wouldn't belong on the Mount Rushmore of MX. Why would we put a guy up there who could only beat the best every once in a while.
So don't put him on your hypothetical list. If someone else puts him on their hypothetical list because he won races throughout their entire lives, is it really that bewildering?

Technically Stew only beat RC every once in a while, and never for a title. What's the line for allowing someone on it?
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
9/26/2020 9:09am
Philly215 wrote:
davis224 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Which is exactly why he wouldn't belong on the Mount Rushmore of MX. Why would we put a guy up there who could only beat the...
What am I missing with mount Rushmore? I am think yall some crazy fools for thinking a moto guy would ever be up there lol?
Philly215
9/26/2020 9:18am
Philly215 wrote:
crowe660 wrote:
That’s a good point and I agree with you. He was a high level guy for a long time, but was never that tier 1 level like the guys that would be on Rushmore.
Prntscrn
9/26/2020 9:21am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2020 9:23am
Possibly the two fastest to ever race. He's behind RC, James and Villopoto for me. Dungey? Don't think so.

So much respect for what he has done. Unlucky to be in his prime at the same time as RC and James. Legend
motomike137
9/26/2020 9:24am
I like the Mt Rushmore segment and enjoy seeing the picks from today's riders. Try picking an American version, a GP version and a combined one of just four guys each. It ain't easy!

Post a reply to: WW Ranch - Timed Qualifying Bench Racing

The Latest