Zach Osborne to race GNCC this weekend

SethGator
7/7/2020 3:38pm
Renner153 wrote:
I wouldnt be surprised to see another Rockstar Husky guy racing it as well. One that may have missed a few of the last races.
I saw where you and Cedric were turning some quick times at Andretti Indoor Karting, be cool to race with you guys sometime.
Schlava
7/7/2020 4:22pm
sandman768 wrote:
It was really cool to see a lot of the pro MX riders do the GNCC”s after their MX careers were winding down. Does not seem...
It was really cool to see a lot of the pro MX riders do the GNCC”s after their MX careers were winding down. Does not seem to be as popular these days...
I don't think the money is in it like back then. Teams were much bigger as well.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2604th
7/7/2020 5:06pm
Any one else see Sherco US trying to get Reed on a bike to do a few rounds?
Xracer
7/7/2020 5:06pm
He riding his personal bike or a Rockstar bike set up for GNCC?

The Shop

TriRacer27
Fantasy
51st
7/7/2020 6:25pm
scott_nz wrote:
It would be cool to see yamaha let plessenger race a few as well
That's a hell of a great idea! He needs that sort of reset, and it would be great for bike testing.
Hcallz5
7/7/2020 6:49pm
Back the clickers out Cleetus!!

Man I wish we could watch a livestream helmet cam or something. That would be awesome.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2604th
7/7/2020 8:03pm
sheesh... tough crowd
zippytech
7/7/2020 8:38pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2020 8:40pm
HELL Yeah!!!
TeamFlannel
7/7/2020 9:53pm
sandman768 wrote:
It was really cool to see a lot of the pro MX riders do the GNCC”s after their MX careers were winding down. Does not seem...
It was really cool to see a lot of the pro MX riders do the GNCC”s after their MX careers were winding down. Does not seem to be as popular these days...
Have you seen the comments/fear mongering on the National MX thread? But on this thread it’s like Woo Hoo , let’s race🤷🏻‍♂️
Mavetism
7/7/2020 10:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2020 10:57pm
Is there any possibility to watch GNCC outside the US like nbc gold with vpn? Or is there even any good broadcast happening? I'm not into it, just always watched some Kailub videos/GoPros and they looked gnarly as shit!
Definitely need something to watch as long as mx isn't happening.
TallonT911
7/7/2020 11:29pm
Mavetism wrote:
Is there any possibility to watch GNCC outside the US like nbc gold with vpn? Or is there even any good broadcast happening? I'm not into...
Is there any possibility to watch GNCC outside the US like nbc gold with vpn? Or is there even any good broadcast happening? I'm not into it, just always watched some Kailub videos/GoPros and they looked gnarly as shit!
https://racertv.com/category/gncc-bikes-live

This is the best we have for now, I don’t watch every race but they added a drone at one of the earlier rounds this year and it made the coverage a lot better than it used to be!
Mavetism
7/8/2020 2:52am
Mavetism wrote:
Is there any possibility to watch GNCC outside the US like nbc gold with vpn? Or is there even any good broadcast happening? I'm not into...
TallonT911 wrote:
https://racertv.com/category/gncc-bikes-live This is the best we have for now, I don’t watch every race but they added a drone at one of the earlier rounds this...

This is the best we have for now, I don’t watch every race but they added a drone at one of the earlier rounds this year and it made the coverage a lot better than it used to be!
Thanks bro!
c0ncEpT
7/8/2020 5:27am
Kailub Russel replied saying he would let Reed ride his practice bike before he let that happen Laughing
7/8/2020 6:57am
mhog wrote:
I can see Zacko being the next Mike Brown, Ryan Sipes “journey man” type rider after he retires from SX/MX.
That would be cool.

When I hear the name "Mike Brown" I just shake my head in amazement.
Mayo513
7/8/2020 8:16am
Mavetism wrote:
TallonT911 wrote:
https://racertv.com/category/gncc-bikes-live This is the best we have for now, I don’t watch every race but they added a drone at one of the earlier rounds this...

Mavetism wrote:
Thanks bro!
They live stream via youtube as well. Chekout their channel: RACER TV YOUTUBE LINK

You can watch the highlights of the past few races to get familiar with some of the pro names. XC1/XC2 are the top classes. The coverage isn't great but it's getting better. The courses are very long. The last race was ~13 miles(~20km) for one lap. They vary from place to place though.

It should start on Sunday at ~1pm EST.
hard2kill
7/8/2020 8:56am

Looks like about half the track will be run through field sections. Should make for some higher speed racing which would be to Zacks advantage, and provide better live coverage. Hope he gives it a real go and sticks it to Kailub.
woodsgoon
7/8/2020 9:39am
hard2kill wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/07/08/436849/s1200_high_voltage_public.jpg[/img] Looks like about half the track will be run through field sections. Should make for some higher speed racing which would be to Zacks advantage...

Looks like about half the track will be run through field sections. Should make for some higher speed racing which would be to Zacks advantage, and provide better live coverage. Hope he gives it a real go and sticks it to Kailub.
Idk about sticking it to kailub, hes damn smart at these gnccs. Top 5 for sure and i dont think a podium is out of the question though. Cant wait to watch it
Bolt-On
Fantasy
1047th
7/8/2020 10:05am
hard2kill wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/07/08/436849/s1200_high_voltage_public.jpg[/img] Looks like about half the track will be run through field sections. Should make for some higher speed racing which would be to Zacks advantage...

That’s actually last year’s map. The 2020 version won’t be up until tomorrow. I’m GPSing the course now... Does still have some big field sections but we’ve actually added more woods this year, and slowed down the woods sections a bit as well.
hard2kill
7/8/2020 12:56pm
hard2kill wrote:

woodsgoon wrote:
Idk about sticking it to kailub, hes damn smart at these gnccs. Top 5 for sure and i dont think a podium is out of the...
Idk about sticking it to kailub, hes damn smart at these gnccs. Top 5 for sure and i dont think a podium is out of the question though. Cant wait to watch it
Yeah i wouldn't typically give any mxer a chance. I would even say Kailub would smoke Tomac at any gncc, but with Zack i think he does have a better shot at challenging than anybody else Plessinger and Sipes included. Still probably a long shot to win but perhaps?

He certainly has the same kind of grit and effort as Mike Brown who did put it to Mullins in Florida a few years back. Also Thad beat Kailub by a good margin at this track last year, so it may not suit him as well?
kpiper
7/8/2020 1:48pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2020 1:49pm
sheesh... tough crowd
Chad would never even finish a race that long in the woods!

Way back when Doug Henry rode the one near Daytona. He won but about died afterward. He had to leave the podium ceremony to go throw up.

I would love to see Chad try it though.

But you need much greater endurance than even for a pro national for a GNCC. And Chad is not even close right now to that.
harescrambled
Fantasy
2048th
7/8/2020 1:53pm
KurtJ99 wrote:
Is there live coverage? Now with MX taking another delay would like to watch in general.
RacerTV.com has the broadcast on Saturdays for Pro ATV, and Sundays for Pro bike
harescrambled
Fantasy
2048th
7/8/2020 2:07pm
Xracer wrote:
He riding his personal bike or a Rockstar bike set up for GNCC?
Trevor Bollinger commented at Zach to take care of the 739 machine, so I'm guessing it'll be Bollinger's team bike
gt80rider
7/8/2020 2:40pm
That is Super Cool of Husky and Zacho!!! Can't wait to see how he does, bet he is chomping at the bit for some sort of competition!
agn5009
7/8/2020 3:44pm
sheesh... tough crowd
kpiper wrote:
Chad would never even finish a race that long in the woods! Way back when Doug Henry rode the one near Daytona. He won but about...

Way back when Doug Henry rode the one near Daytona. He won but about died afterward. He had to leave the podium ceremony to go throw up.

But you need much greater endurance than even for a pro national for a GNCC. And Chad is not even close right now to that.
Lol what? I've done tons of GNCCs. Reed is a world class athlete. His endurance would be perfectly fine. Do you think the 400 something average Joe's that sign up for a GNCC every round is in better shape than Chad Reed? The guys job is literally to ride a dirt bike and train. Maybe if you rephrase it and say he couldn't run the speeds of the top dogs for 3+ hours I'll get on board with you. But you're insane if you think he doesn't have the endurance to do a race and finish it.
bh
7/8/2020 4:14pm
I would love to see what a guy of Zacho’s caliber could do on a faster more moto style track like palatka or camp Coker.
bh
7/8/2020 4:17pm
sheesh... tough crowd
kpiper wrote:
Chad would never even finish a race that long in the woods! Way back when Doug Henry rode the one near Daytona. He won but about...

I listened to a pod not to long ago and with Strang and he said there training is identical to a moto guy’s training routine. And I’ve hear KR say the same thing in interviews. And I believe most of these guys don’t even ride the woods that often, they just moto down like everyone else.
kpiper
7/8/2020 4:39pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2020 4:46pm
sheesh... tough crowd
kpiper wrote:

agn5009 wrote:
Lol what? I've done tons of GNCCs. Reed is a world class athlete. His endurance would be perfectly fine. Do you think the 400 something average...
Lol what? I've done tons of GNCCs. Reed is a world class athlete. His endurance would be perfectly fine. Do you think the 400 something average Joe's that sign up for a GNCC every round is in better shape than Chad Reed? The guys job is literally to ride a dirt bike and train. Maybe if you rephrase it and say he couldn't run the speeds of the top dogs for 3+ hours I'll get on board with you. But you're insane if you think he doesn't have the endurance to do a race and finish it.
Naturally, I meant him riding at race pace of the top guys. Not cruising around. Why would he want to do that? Although, I suspect he would still have trouble doing three hours even cruising.

Chad is not in great shape right now. He would admit that. Not saying he can't get back in shape but he is not a 'world-class' athlete at the moment.

Doing a 20 minute SX is nothing compared to a GNCC pro race. And yes, I have done one.

Zacho and Kailub Russell (plus others) would lap him! Come on Chad! Do it and prove me wrong! Wink

Post a reply to: Zach Osborne to race GNCC this weekend

The Latest