Summer concerts, who are you seeing?

5/3/2022 10:48pm
Older I get, the less patience I have for crowds. Most of the bands or people I would like to see are dead. When me and my kids went on road trips, and I was permitted to listen to music I liked in the car, their fist question was, are any of these people still alive? Lol.SillyGrinning
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
5/3/2022 11:45pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2022 5:11am
We had decided on a whim to go see Limp Bizkit this past weekend and get a room and planned on making reservations and buy tickets after some errands and by the time we got home they canceled the concert. Tosh and Theo von are coming a mile down the street to our performing arts center soon so this should be hilarious.
Joey_Bridges
5/4/2022 4:43am
1911 wrote:
Older I get, the less patience I have for crowds. Most of the bands or people I would like to see are dead. When me and...
Older I get, the less patience I have for crowds. Most of the bands or people I would like to see are dead. When me and my kids went on road trips, and I was permitted to listen to music I liked in the car, their fist question was, are any of these people still alive? Lol.SillyGrinning
Exactly.
The music I listen to most is pretty much non existent any longer.
Most of the old bluesmen are gone.
Same goes for most jazz artists, miles, evans, etc...

The original rock legends are either gone or broken up.

But I swear, if Jeff Beck ever comes back to the states, I'd crawl on my hands and knees across the country to see him play.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
5/4/2022 6:11am
Going to see the Deftones in 18 days.

The Shop

plowboy
5/4/2022 11:07am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2022 11:16am
1911 wrote:
Older I get, the less patience I have for crowds. Most of the bands or people I would like to see are dead. When me and...
Same here. I can't see myself at any concert no matter who it is. BUT...give me an old beer bar where the band takes their breaks drinking with the customers and shootin' the shit...that's a show I like.

Edit:. For anyone going to the Ironman MX this year. If you get a chance, check out the Indy Road Pub. It is an old fashioned watering hole but packed with good folks. You better bring yer singin' voice because everybody joins in to whatever is on the juke box.
Kenny Lingus
5/4/2022 11:34am
S.Loyer wrote:
Gonna see CandleBox next week
Taking Back Sunday week after.
Rise Against end of summer
Bare Naked Ladies after that

Maybe Blue Oyster Cult.
Going to see Rise Against in Aug. in Raleigh NC.
Mucktub
7/20/2022 12:39am
Saw Prodigy last night in a smallish, ridiculously hot and sweaty old warehouse style venue. Fantastic laser lighting tribute to Keith Flint when they played Firestarter. Brilliant assault on the senses night.
TeamGreen
7/20/2022 10:59am
RHCP next week then off to Napa for some quality chill-time.
LungButter
7/20/2022 10:59am
Reckless Kelly... on a boat, on a lake. Gonna be epic.
TeamGreen
7/20/2022 12:20pm
LungButter wrote:
Reckless Kelly... on a boat, on a lake. Gonna be epic.
Dude, that sounds Epic.

Get some!
JAFO92
7/20/2022 7:17pm
1911 wrote:
Ditto that. Most all of the bands I love most I saw 'em 40+ years ago in their prime. (hell its been right at 50 years since I saw Three Dog Night) And the ones still alive and doing it cant pull off the vibe and sound they had half a century ago. Its not a slam against them, I know they are trying to make a living, but it just isnt that good and not worth the ridiculous cost and all the rude asshole people everywhere.

If Bob Dylan hit the road, Id pay to watch his old ass mumble for a few hours. But honestly, thats about it.

SEEMEFIRST
7/20/2022 7:37pm
Man, Paul Rogers blew my mind a few years ago.
I told the wife on the way that I wasn't going in expecting too much.
He killed it.
JM485
7/21/2022 12:29pm
Just saw Rise Against in Reno last night, what a show. Epic crowd that was into it, and these guys have been my favorite band for years. The way Tim commands a stage and connects with the audience is really something to see. Senses Fail and The Used were the opening acts, I wasn’t really familiar with them but they put on a great show as well.

Joey_Bridges
7/22/2022 2:52am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
No shit?
Man , I love me some Beck.
Since he's playing with ZZTOP, I'm hoping he doesn't drag that idiot, johnny depp out on stage with him.
He's not exactly playing to rave reviews over in Europe with him as part of his show.
Bearuno
7/22/2022 8:22am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2022 8:49am
Well, mines a bit different. And, of course, it's our Winter.

August 11, I'm going to see a Joni Mitchell tribute concert at the Sydney Opera House.

The Main Concert Hall has re-opened after an extensive refurbishment to bring it up the the Acoustics that it has Always deserved, but f**kwit penny pinchers denied it, all those decades ago. It's a magnificent space, in an amazing building, on the greatest of Harbours, that ( in numerous revues of the improvements) finally delivers the sound that it was designed to give.

Five Australian women will be delivering Joni's songs. My very favourite female singer, Wendy Mathews, the mind blowingly talented Katie Noonan, whose vocal range and quality makes Adele look like a bloody novice, Rock Chick Ella Hooper, C&W singer Melinda Schneider, and Jazz chanteuse Kristen Beradi.

I've been to so very many events at The Opera House, over many decades now: Plays, Concerts, Ballet, Operas, all starting in the 70s with sitting on the steps, at the 2SM concerts, with ACDC, Skyhooks, Rose Tattoo, Split Enz and so many others. Then , in the same type of setting, years later, Split ENZ's Endz of the World final concerts and Crowded House's final OZ concert. I lived just across the Harbour for a few years, and The Opera House, and the many Pubs and Venues in The Rocks and through Sydney, were just fantastic to make use of. I'd ride one of my old 26" wheeled BMX Cruisers across The Bridge, attend events, then ride back. I see the steps / and ramps on the north side of The Bridge I used to jump down on my way home now, and wonder how I ever survived my 'City Years'. I must have been a madman. Woohoo

It will be my first time back there, in a few years, and I just cannot wait.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
7/22/2022 11:04pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2022 8:07am
MudPup545 wrote:
Me again. Not summer but, finally getting a chance to see one of my all time favorite bands. Collective Soul on 02/19/22 at a small Michigan...
Me again. Not summer but, finally getting a chance to see one of my all time favorite bands. Collective Soul on 02/19/22 at a small Michigan venue. Zero Covid restrictions!
Aaah Collective Soul. Such awesome tunes. The first time I ever heard them was in 1998. I was driving on the I10 in my box van heading for Loretta's and one of their songs came on the radio. I ended up stopping somewhere and bought two Collective Souls CDs and a Roger Waters, Pros and Cons of Hitch hiking unit. Everytime I hear some of those tunes it brings back fond memories.

You are one lucky cat for checking them on stage.
MudPup545
7/23/2022 3:41am
MudPup545 wrote:
Me again. Not summer but, finally getting a chance to see one of my all time favorite bands. Collective Soul on 02/19/22 at a small Michigan...
Me again. Not summer but, finally getting a chance to see one of my all time favorite bands. Collective Soul on 02/19/22 at a small Michigan venue. Zero Covid restrictions!
Boomslang wrote:
Aaah Collective Soul. Such awesome tunes. The first time I ever heard them was in 1998. I was driving on the I10 in my box van...
Aaah Collective Soul. Such awesome tunes. The first time I ever heard them was in 1998. I was driving on the I10 in my box van heading for Loretta's and one of their songs came on the radio. I ended up stopping somewhere and bought two Collective Souls CDs and a Roger Waters, Pros and Cons of Hitch hiking unit. Everytime I hear some of those tunes it brings back fond memories.

You are one lucky cat for checking them on stage.
Been a fan since the first album. So many great songs. I’ve pretty much seen all the bands that I love but, for one reason or another I always missed these guys. Finally had the opportunity and jumped on it. Great show in a small venue setting. New album is coming out August 12, first single is really good.
7/25/2022 10:03am
Went to both nights of Pearl Jam @ Hyde Park couple weeks ago. Was epic. Completely unforgettable. Especially the second night. I believe they only played 2 songs post 2000's on that second night. Each set was completely unique. Only Alive and Porch were played both nights.. I honestly thought after the second night I'd of had my Pearl Jam fill for awhile, but all that happened was I wanted more. Amazing.

Next up is Crippled Black Phoenix in Manchester, September. Very small British band for those that don't know them. Musics best kept secret imo. A bit Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Tool like. Really good band and it's at a tiny little venue, so it should be fun.
S.Loyer
7/26/2022 5:32pm
Saw Jimmy Eat World last Saturday in Anchorage, was awesome!
TeamGreen
7/26/2022 7:34pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Man, Paul Rogers blew my mind a few years ago. I told the wife on the way that I wasn't going in expecting too much. He...
Man, Paul Rogers blew my mind a few years ago.
I told the wife on the way that I wasn't going in expecting too much.
He killed it.
When he was fronting for Queen?

Post a reply to: Summer concerts, who are you seeing?

The Latest